HDTV

Bronze Member
Username: Sccrskills

Post Number: 95
i bought a new HD 42" flatscreen tv with 1080p. The picture on the tv is great but i found out that i can get it even better if i bought an HDMI cable and hooked it up to the tv. There are 3 slots in the tv for hdmi.(HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3). I have a pansat 2500 and i was wondering what kind of cable do i need to get to have a better picture on my tv? The pansat is hooked up to a dvd/vcr player and the dvd/vcr player is hooked up to the tv. Does anybody know what kind of cable i need? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1722
the 2500 will not produce the 1080p you are looking for

Silver Member
Username: Yakovaki

Post Number: 200
need new box

at least with component

but only hd boxes do hdmi

it will give you 720p and 1080i (1080p is only ps3 blueray and hddvd)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
ok i see but if i do buy some kind of hdmi to something will it make the picture at least a little better and which stb would produce the 1080p im looking for? thnks for answering rtap

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
hey jb so do i have 1080i or no? and which boxes are hd?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
so what u are saying is that there is nothing to connect the hdmi cable from the tv to the box right?

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1723
1080p = hd.you need a stb that hd capability.right now dn only has few channels for hd, bev has more.but for dn you need a hd stb and a 8spk module as well.not worth it now.get yourself a newer stb(sonicview,viewsat) that give great pic.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
you have 1080i
and 720p

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
so there is nothing i can do on and no cable i can get for my pansat 2500 to make the pic at least a little better right?

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1725
dude you just bought a tv that cost you over 400. bucks buy a stb for about 175 bucks to get better pic

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
tv on dn is 1080i and 720p on bev...1080p tv doesnt exist and may never exist due to compression

if you want an sd box you can get as high as 480i and can use a component connection

if you want an hd box it is very pricy and can do 720p with bev...but if you want 1080i with dn you need to pay as rtap mentioned above an additional 180$ for an adapter to put in the box (total of say 575-630$ canadian)

its all about how much u are willing to spend on a potential door stop

im using a great hdtv with viewsat 9000hd and im very happy (but i could be very sad in the near future if it stops working entirely)

ok so to answer your question:

viewsat hd
sonicview hd
have hdmi outputs (great quality audio and video in one cable!!!)
(i am not sure about pansat hd or cooolsat or other hd boxes)

other boxes have component out (red blue green) which does video only and then you need either red and yellow for audio or an optical audio out cable

if you want something cheap with good pic for under 100$

captive works 600sp(gives 480i sd channels on component out)

over 100$

viewsat ultra (usb connection as well as captive works output)

over 200$
nFusion (better support great pic quality and updates through internet)

if you want hd box:

viewsat or sonicview hd with or without module is expensive but hdmi out 1080i and 720p is soooooooo sweeeetttttt

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
rtap is right....captive works is say 80$ if u can get a good deal somewhere (maybe even 70$)

well what connection do you have????

are you using rca (red white yellow)????

or cable????

if rca...try using a nice rg6 coaxial cable from the box's tv out to the tv and the pic will be more stable (i dont know about cleaner)

good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
thanks a lot jb i now what u guys mean im just kind of mad that i have to spend that much more money if i want to get the perfect hd but also what if it stops woring and yeah many things to think about. as far as i know im using rca. because my box is connected to the vcr/dvd with the red white yellow cables and vrc/dvd is connected to the tv with the red white yellow cables.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
the thing is if i wanted to get an hd box i would want to get the pansat hd one because pansat supports gc the best but idk lots to think about.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
if nothing else i guess for now i can try the rg6 coaxial cable right?

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1726
its not worth it to get hd for fta dn.thats why i recommend you upgrade stb to a better product to get better pic.and read next time before you buy.lol good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
well viewsat 9000hd usually supports globecast as well

and you can get opkeys (using a usb stick to upload the latest keys in seconds)

cant tell u much about pansat other than i dont like them (so i wont be biased)

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
ok guys thanks a lot for your help ill think about it and see, if i don't buy a new box for now, at least ill buy that cable rg6 or something else and try to make the best of it for now. thnks a lot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
its just straight satellite cable or just use regular...it makes it more stable....or if the cable you have going in to the box is long enough...cut some of that one if you have proper attachments for the ends

dont pay more than 5$ for the cable
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us