Vizio VO47L... Opinions

Username: 360man

United States

Post Number: 7
http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=42

TV is supposed to be released in 2 weeks at Costco. Specs are awesome, plus reviews on most Vizio's are always good. Suprisingly this has 2000:1 typical contrast ratio which is high, 4X HDMI and 5ms response, 1080p. I think someone told me its going to a 1000 that works there. So i'm most likely gonna buy this and try it out. Great specs good price....

Username: Ctgoodman

Post Number: 1
I just picked one up myself. Check these out and by all means go see it and kick the tires for yourself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23268360@N04/sets/72157603811793943/

United States

Post Number: 8
That set has amazing picture, especially for a Vizio. WOW! How's the sound?

Post Number: 2
The sound is average... It's better than my old 32" tube it replaced but is not going to blow your socks off or anything. For general TV watching it's fine. For movies and maybe some gaming you'll be wanting to pump it through another audio system.

United States

Post Number: 9
Hey one more question... Do you get any ghosting or slow response time? I really wanna know if this really is the 5ms it claims.

Post Number: 3
No, the display seems very responsive. The superbowl looked fantastic this past weekend. When I play games like Call of Duty 4 and such they are fluid. You need to be about 8-10' away. I find sitting closer seems to make it hard to orient yourself in games and such. mostly becasue of the size of the screen. It doesn't seem so much this way while whatching television.

United States

Post Number: 10
Well thanks man... Hopefully my Costco gets it in soon so I can get it.

Post Number: 4
Hope so too. I'm glad I got mine when I did. All my local Sam's are sold out.. :-)

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 12
Thomas one more question... How good are the blacks? I know its only got a 1000:1 typical CR which seemed low. How are the blacks?

Post Number: 5
The blacks look good to me. They where nearly equal to the other displays that where there when I bought it. There is also some things to understand about contast ratio. Read this article carefully and you should understand that a high contrast ratio sometimes doesn't mean as much as you might think

http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/contrast-ratio.html

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 13
Yeah I went ahead and bought it... I have read many articles like that. I already knew most of the high end companys inflated their numbers to look good. When in reality the Vizio's, Westinghouse's, and Olevia's looked just as good if not better in some circumstances. Thanks man! Enjoying the tv already... Good purchase

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 15
Is it normal for the back to get really hot? I know the back is a metal, which would help heat get hotter. Seems like it gets very hot.

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 16
Hey thomas what is your settings on your tv? I'm looking for the best settings especially for my 360.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us