Akai projection TV "authorized service"

wslittle
I posted elsewhere that I bought the PTH5498. The set looks good when properly configured with component video progressive scan. BUT....my experience is that mine didn't last long, unfortunately. Within 90 days, I started having power-up problems. Recovery was remove AC power and reconnect until it would agree to power up. Called for factory warranty service (in home at this point). It's a crock here in the Houston area. Apparently nobody stocks parts, even authorized service center. So, "in home service" is really "we'll come get it, and can't make any promises on when you might get it back". I was not forewarned they might take the set. In reality, if any component was defective, they were taking it with them. The shop manager won't make any promise on return. He says it depends on Akai, and I have not been able to reach anyone there to tell them what I think of their service network. (Can you guess?) Good luck if you need service from them. By the way, Akai uses a call center to arrange service; you can't really talk to Akai.

Anonymous
I am trying to find a AKAI 54" TV screen protector I haven't been able to find one If you happen to know of a place I can find one Please e-mail.

Anonymous
This is not an AKAI! It is really a Samsung, all menus and I would venture to say great deal of the components are Samsung. So you might want to try your luck with a Samsum authorized service center
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us