Insignia NS-42PDP Plasma Display Grainy

Username: Hardwoodmn

MN USA

Post Number: 1
I have an Insignia NS-42PDP Plasma HDTV and the display is extremely grainy. Looks like the snow with rabbit ears. You would think it's just a source issue, but wait.... this problem is evident at all times, even when displaying the menus! Aha! The screen shots are from the TV in question, and the source is an OTA HD antenna. The first pic is the channel with no menu. The second is the same source with a menu on top. As you can see the menu is just as bad as the source, indicating a final display problem of some sort.

For what it's worth, the audio section works fine. The speakers sound normal and are very clear. Volume adjusts normally.

I don't feel the panel itself is at fault here, since the TV has been this way out of the box.

It was sold to me by a person who works for Best Buy and won it at an office party. How ironic - there own employee gets a DOA! This person stored it for almost a year and when they hooked it up, it looked like this and is now out of warranty.

So this is a DOA type problem. I looked inside to see if I could spot a ribbon cable pulled out, chafed wire from shipping, or even a screw laying on a board, but saw nothing unusual.

Anyone out there able to tell just by looking at my pictures which board would be the culprit?

If you need more CSI data, I'll be happy to investigate and post my findings!

Thank you.

Links to pictures in high-res:

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/HardwoodMN/

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us