Its' probably not a good time to post questions when eyeryone is whatching TV, enjoy.

Bronze Member
Username: Viewsat_ultra

Post Number: 35
I've been having a problem with either my Viewsat Ultra receiver or my DP Plus Digital LNBF.My subscription service works perfectly so I'm guessing its' within the Viewsat.The FTA Tester told me to get a DP34 switch,but that didn't resolve the issue,However I would've needed one soon anyway(so thanks again FTA Tester)

I have a few questions and would appreciate some advisement if anyone has knowledge of the correct settings for a VS2000Ultra, please respond,Thank You.
My questions are:
#1.Should I disconnect the DP34 until I remedy the problem?
#2.Are there any other files used to test the Viewsat Ultra?
PFTAUSW-080104U-1.PGM/TheTotal.
Viewsat_Ultr_v131.pgm/Viewsatusa.
Satinfo_07.sat/viewsatusa.
#3.Which sat file should the receiver display in the System Information/Receiver Information screen
U006 or U007?
Thank You.

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 718
Rob,
what kind of problem are you having?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I have the feeling you're going to feed my some spam,let's see.Lol

My problem is as followed. In the antenna set-up the sat that's being displayed in the upper right corner doesn't match the sat that I'm on (i.e. When I'm on 110 in the Antenna Setup, it displays 119 on the super-imposed info in the upper right of screen.)
BTW I tried scanning 1 sat at a time, but no improvement.

these are my settings for a Viewsat Ultra,Dish500 with DP PLUS dual LNB's

Antenna Setup
SATELLITE-Echo 8,10 110.0w (for some reason Echo7 119.0w is displayed in the corner instead of 8,110)
LNB POWER-On
LNB TYPE-OCS-DP
LNB FREQ-11250
22KHz-Off
TP FREQ-12224 (I of course change this to 12239 when in the 119.0w setting)
DISEqC1.0- Port 1 for 119 and port 2 for 110(I've left these settings as None prior to using the DP34 switch that I just installed)
MOTOR-Off
LEGACY SW-none
Same info as above for set-up of 110 except that I leave the TP on 12224.
BTW my signal is 76% and the quality is usually 100% and "locked" is displayed when scanning, but every so often "failed" flashes. Does this indicate the problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Jabberosx

Post Number: 22
locked and failed while scanning is routine. Dont worry about it. I replied to your other thread for the rest.

Silver Member
Username: Extremex

Post Number: 132
DP34 suck a lot of power. Its best to have 2 or more receivers hooked up to it.

Try removing it and see if it runs ok.

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 201
It sounds like a switching problem DPPlus lbns take alittle more power. How long is your cable run?
what kind of cable are you running? make alot of difference with most fta recivers trying to use DPPlus lbns. Hooking up a DP34 won't solve your problem. You might try a power inserter or a regular DP lbn. Just my thoughts.

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 721
try this for me
iio w
frequency 12224
lnb on
lnb type single
lnb freq 11250
disc port 2 off off

for 119
freq 12457
lnb on
lnb type single
lnb freq 11250
disc 1 off off

can you try this and let me know if you have any luck.if not we can further troubleshoot until we get it working

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 722
sorry.i presume you have hooked up 119 on port 1 and 110 on port 2 of dp 34 switch

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 202
I'm almost 100% sure it's your lbn and not your reciever. I have run into the same probs with the DPP+ lbns and you've to have high Q cable with good connection. and then you could still have slow switching problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
After pulling out most of my hair I figured out the problem but I'm curious what caused it. I needed to rescan through my DN Sub box, then disconnect from it and connect to my VSUltra.
Thanks for all the responses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us