Nalin, FTA TESTER Please Help me out VS OR Sonicview

Bronze Member
Username: Djibo

Post Number: 18
I'm about to buy a new Receiver, and I'm totally Lost (because I don't want to make a bad choice specially because my budget are really limited).

Since the last problem encountered withe the TotalFta*com, I was decided to buy a ViewsatUltra. After That viewsonic 400 comes up first with new bin , I'm telling to my self why should I go with viewsat ...?

So please, do you think that sonicview 400 is a good choice. In other words, do you think that sonicview 400 will not stop their support next week LOL (because I'm planning to buy it tomorow).

Is-it possible to download a bin on viewsonic 400 only by connecting a USB Key (without using cable and computer ...). Is-it the same thing for viewsat Ultra .

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 3143
Nfusion

Username: Hardwarecrazy

Post Number: 6
Since you said you have a tight budget, go with a Captiveworks 700S.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3147
You will need from time to time to be able to connect the receiver to a computer.

If you are not intersted in the Nfusion that works and receives DN every day and are on a small budget the Viewsat Plat is still a great buy at $140 shipped! I like the viewsat it is ID's the sat you are pointed at!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6850
CW, if limited budget - about $85. Otherwise Nfusion - about $220.
If you don't like IKS and want a regular nice FTA the try Sonicview 4000 for about $180

Bronze Member
Username: Djibo

Post Number: 19
Yes I want a regular FTA, Is-it possible to update sonicview 400 without using computer or a loaeder, only with USB Key

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3154
Djibo

yes it with some recevers you SOMETIMES can use the usb drive to update. You still from time to time will HAVE TO USE A COMPUTER to update. No receiver on the market can be 100% supported by only the usb drive. If the receiver locks up like they so often times do you can not get to the menu to use the usb drive so you have to connect it to a computer via the serial cord.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6851
Since new purchase in Feb., 2007 till now, Sonicview 4000 I have had has been upgraded with a USB drive without fail and without pain and headaches. Six different novices have done the job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us