Com port work but fta receiver not loading stb file

Username: Ianisee

Vanceboro, NC United states

Post Number: 1
I had downloaded a com port monitor program just to make sure that the com port is working and there is nothing wrong with the straight data cable that came with my CS 5000 receiver. Now i can't get it to load any bins or flash files. It freezes and then other times the lines will show up and the zero's with the lines on the left like something is going to load but never goes past 0%.

I tried uninstalling the com port and rebooting the system with the receiver connected and that didn't change anything it has been connected since 8:14 and the time is now 8:54pm and still at 0%.

I know that there is nothing wrong with the straight data cable and the computer is sending but the receiver is not excepting the information.

NOTE:::: i can take the receiver over to my father friends house(whom he got the receiver from).

1) when he tries it in xp using the 2.4 loader it will not load.
2) but it will load in windows 98 using the 2.2 loader.
3) but it will not load for me at all using 2.2 - 2.4 loader and today someone from another site gave me stb tool ver 1.8.7 and that didn't work either. That is the one that i'm using right now and still not loading the factory flash or bin WHY

REALLY NEED HELP IN FIXING THE RECIEVER AND GETTING IT TO WORK.

NOTE:::::: WHEN WE FIRST GOT THE RECEIVER IT LOADED BINS 146-151 BUT IT STARTED GETTING SLOW IN LOADING AFTER BIN 148. i HAD TO CUT OFF THE FIRE WALL FOR IT TO LOAD BUT THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE WHEN I HAVE IT LISTED IN THE PROGRAMS TO ALLOW AND IT STILL WILL NOT LOAD.

REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 3034
First off if you met a man on the street andhe asked you for free help by YELLING at you what would you think?

I feel you are making a simple program into a complex one..

get rid of all the extra programs you decribed their....

make sure no other program is in control or using any com port..

make sure everthing that was included in the .zip your loader program is inside the same folder as the loader program.

Post Number: 2
YES ALL HAS BEEN UPZIP TO A FOLDER JUST FOR CS AND THE FILE UPZIPPED CORRECTLY BUT NOT LOADING. THE PORT MONITOR WAS JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT THE STRAIGHT DATA CABLE IS WORKING AND NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT. RIGHT NOT THE LOADED IS STILL LOADING AND AT O% FOR THE LAST HOUR.

I HAVE UNINSTALLED THE COM PORT AND REBOOTED THE SYSTEM AND IT STILL DOES NOT LOAD THE FILE. I KNOW THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M MAKING IT HARD BUT I HAVE REDOWNLOADED LOADERS AND FILES AND UNZIPPED THEM OVER AGAIN AND STILL HAVEING THE SAME PROBLEM NOTHING WILL LOAD INTO THE RECEIVER. NOTHING ELSE USES THAT PORT. THE MODEM IS ON COM 3 AND CS RECEIVER ON COM 1 SO WHY IS IT NOT LOADING????

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 155
twallace@earthlink.net i hope thats not real

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 127
ok do this when u click write bin into ur receiver. Before doing that turn on ur receiver and right away click write bin so it will load it in the receiver. or click write bin and right away turn on ur receiver. it works for me like that hope it will help u

Gold Member

Post Number: 3042
you start the loader program, then turn on the receiver.

stop saying it is working when it is not.

try if the loader does not start sending in about sa 5 sec stop it start all over changing to another com port..and so on until it works..

STOP YELLING AT ME or you will be on your own.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3043
Loader2 User Guide this guide will work with all loader programs

"Loader2" can download the firmware from PC to STB.

1. Install "Loader2" to your PC.
2. PLUG OUT YOUR STB FROM OUTLET....or use the switch on the back of receiver
3. Connect "NULL MODEM CABLE" between PC and STB.
4. Run "Loader2" on PC.
5. Run the "Tool->Configuration" menu and select serial port what you use.

6. Press "Open File" button and select the file what you want to download.
7. And then press "PC->STB" button.
WHEN ZMODEM WINDOW IS APPEARING, PLUG IN YOUR STB....or use switch on back of your receiver

8. Then selected file will download from PC to STB.

9. When download is complete, you can see below message.
When you see this dialog on PC, STB will start to write flash memory.
Please wait until STB automatically reboot.

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 128
FTA TESTER i think u should not help ppl who needs help and give shyt man forget it bro

Post Number: 3
NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE. I THANK YOU FOR WHAT HELP YOU ARE GIVING ME WHEN THIS SHOULD BE REALLY EASY AND NOW IT'S JUST RUNNING ME AROUND IN CIRCLES.

I'M NOT SURE WHAT LOADER 2 IS? IS IT 2.4 LOADER?

THERE IS NOTHING THAT I CAN RIGHT CLICK ON WHEN USING THE LOADER AND I TRIED. JUST TO MAKE SURE THERE WAS NOTHING THAT I WAS MISSING OR THAT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT.

WHEN YOUR SAYING TO TOOL CONFIGURATION YOUR MEANING THE LOADER AND I HAVE GOTTEN THAT MUCH SO FAR. EACH TIME I GO TO TRY AND LOAD THE FLASH IT EITHER FREEZES OR FLASH AND GOES BACK TO THE CHANNEL NUMBER ON THE RECEIVER INSTEAD OF GOING INTO LOADING THE BIN OR FACTORY FLASH. I HAVE CHECK THE PORT AND CHANGED THE PORT AND THE SAME THING KEEPS HAPPENING. SHOULD I GO THROUGH ALL THE PORTS UNTIL IT WORK ON ONE OF THEM WHEN THERE IS ONLY ON COM PORT THAT IS REALLY FOR THE RECEIVER?

I'M AT MY WITS END FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG AND WHY IT WILL NOT LOAD THE INFORMATION. HELP PLEASE

Gold Member

Post Number: 3061
You are now on your own as far as Getting my help.

I clearly asked you to stop yelling at me. Also you did not do what I suggested.

Upload

Post Number: 4
sorry
didn't mean to up set you with the caps i didn't know that it ment i was yelling. sorry but thanks for helping anyway or at least trying. This was my first time to this site and i didn't know what you ment by not yelling again. I apologize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3064
That is common all over the world...not just here

try to send to your receiver like we said changing the com port each time...

has this cord worked before?

Post Number: 5
yes the cord has worked from the first time i used the receiver bin 146-148. After bin 148 it started to load slower and slower turning minutes into hours. By the time it got to bin 151 is would not load at all nor would it load factory flash. i will try what has been avised and see what happens i will report the out come. sorry for the caps i will not use them again. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us