2 Dish 500 setup

Silver Member
Username: Razzorwyre

Post Number: 120
Ok the 2nd dish has arrived. It is a Dish500 with legacy twins. The 1st dish is also a D500 with legacy twins. Both have internal switches. Now I am aiming the second dish at bev. I want to know what I need to do to make them work together. I will run 2 cables into 1 into receiver. What will work, will a 2X1 switch be needed to take both dish signals into one cable? I have never set up duel dishes so im not sure what will and will not work.

Username: Luser

Post Number: 10
it partly depends on your reciever but diseqc 4x1 switch for sure even if you have to run 4 cables and not use the built in switch.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2885
Is the lnb's dish pro? very important the lnb will read "dish pro" or DP

it never deponds on your receiver all fta receivers work disqc switch's the same.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2886
you say in your post thier i see that both have internal switches thats great I love those lnb's.

What you are trying to do is by far without a doubt the hardest way to get just 4 sat's on a fta receiver.

in thery you use a DP34 switch to do what you are trying to do..one cable from each antenna. Some fta receivers will require a POWERED DP34 some do not...we will see

so hers what you need

dp34 switch

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
ok heres a more in depth update.

I have a VS Ultra, Legacy Twin LNBs that do not have the DP logo inplace of where it is is a DN logo. So would an old dp21 work? or does it def need to be dp34?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2896
ok may not be dish pro lnb's

first connecting only one lnb at a time get all 4 lnb's pointed correctly. then try to use a regular disqc switch connecting all 4 to it then to your receiver..

sure wish you would have chatted with me first you will be missing 14 sat's with that set up!

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
lol I thought about the motor set up but it wouldnt be any good for me since even if DN went out I have a sub. Anyway, the lnbs are the legacy twin and only has one cable for both lnbs (unless i run another receiver) Heres the actually lnb photo. 110 and 119 are already dialed into 88+ S and 98% Q so I will set up the 2nd dish and point to 82 and 91. So instead of running quad cables ill just run the single from each dish into the 4X1 and see what happens, but no they are not DP lnbs

Gold Member

Post Number: 2921
If the lnb uses one cable out for 2 sat's its a dish pro.

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 13
On my viewsat I have to run that 2nd cable from the lnb that would be for a second reciever to the switch. On my Twin han I dont.Diseqc1.0 supports 1 switch.Diseqc1.2 supports 2 if thier different and diseqc2.0 supports cascading.So depending on what level of diseqc your reciever supports is what you can use.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
This is the DP
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/twinanddual.jpg

Gold Member

Post Number: 2934
so each antenna has 3 lnb's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us