Any word yet of a fix for viewsat ?????

Silver Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 144
i hope one comes soon i'm loseing all my channels...

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

2008 RESOLUTION, I WILL BE NI...

Post Number: 338
HashHU wishes everyone a happy new year, and a great 2008!
Latest News January 1st 6:58 PM EST

Bell is completely down, and Dish is dropping channels, basics are still up. There are fixes for Dreambox and some other open source receivers, these are believed to be the first steps to accomplishing Full Emulation for a permanent fix. Other manufacturers are still working on fixes, and are hoping this will be at least a reliable temporary answer. Viewsat is reporting it could take up to 1 month to complete a fix. Please stay tuned for updated information. The coders are working on a more permanent solution with all of the information they are learning from these latest attacks on FTA, and this they have reported will take at least 1 week. December has been fun, hopefully this new year will bring new fixes and smoother sailing. Luckily it was the only rough patch of 2007, and so far 2007 has brought much more uptime than previous years, lets hope 2008 will bring the same! Check back often for updates.

Please

Silver Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 145
thanks tiger woods........

Bronze Member
Username: Ash64

Post Number: 46
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2535
It will come... those crazy koreans are still partying. Once they sober up... they will release it.

Bronze Member
Username: Bushdaman

Post Number: 97
thats not totally true. there are 3 vs files that admins have and are testing before release. but ya didnt hear that from me.

Bronze Member
Username: Klondike_kike

Post Number: 71
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14139
interesting stuff

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
FTAkey

Surely you can add something to that, I wont tell anybody.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2536
TDG said the other day he had been watching ppv on one. Its just the holidays, BUT... i hope they wait to see if its going down again tomorrow or Thursday first

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
second part was joke. there is 3 vs files out, i cant go into details (like to but cant) but hope they work so we can get bk to jokes and bashing people lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
Whats the word on the test files you talk of

I am open to rumors

Bronze Member
Username: Me_me

Post Number: 75
Any news on viewsat bin.

and would totalfta post it.

thank you

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
ok i finally talked to bud he said they keep freezing up when changing channels. 1 file is working but wont autoroll. im just letting you know what i find out so dont shoot the messenger.

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 480
this was posted by dssguy this morning at another site...

#471 01-02-2008, 04:12 AM
The_Dss_Guy
Welcomed Guest Join Date: Apr 2007

Releases..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awhile back in this thread I told everyone they had it figured out and releases would come within hours (they did), but each camp has to implement what they learned into their own bins. The fixes recently have been due largely to the emunation guys, and of course once a way to counter is revealed, the FTA support Teams go to work. If everyone of them was running a more similar emu then the fixes wouldnt take so long, but the individuality of each Box would suffer.

Using the emunation fix via a wrapper for their bins was a smart move for CW. I happen to know their coder is brilliant, and has some help from a few other brilliant coders, but that really had little to do with how quickly their fix came out. They had purchased a "plug in" that allowed them to disassemble the emunation fix, and quickly wrote the routine for their units. kudo's to the CW Team, they were on top of this. I had a little inside info they would be releasing within "hours", and they did just that. The rest are now playing catch-up, but I bet alot of coder teams will be gettting that same plug in for a bit more speed on delivering fixes in the future. These ECM's have NOT been easy, but each time providers make a move, the teams learn more.

Remember, I said a couple weeks ago "it's gonna get interesting for sure" Well it did! Quickly too!

Brute forcing the timer routines was a brilliant idea with minimal compromises to our viewing pleasure. the credit for that goes to Emunation. Now that coders know the routines can be brute forced in time (given the units have the horsepower) expect this to be the norm till the emu's are written. January may be a bit ruff on us as far as downtime, but I bet dollars to donuts we won't be so vulnerable in the near future.

Expect more fixes from other teams shortly, but Providers will just change Map calls again. Until the teams complete and switch to bins with map emu built in, the ride's gonna be bumpy.... After that? I predict smoother sailing for those with a map emulator

Dunno what everyone is whining about, you still have plenty of channels.. Be patient and ride this storm out.. If you can't? SUB!

I sub and have HBO, Showtime, etc. so it really doesn't effect my viewing. Maybe you should sub too Whining does no good..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by The_Dss_Guy : 01-02-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Silver Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 892
i hope they wait to see if its going down again tomorrow or Thursday first

They not foolish what would be the sense in sending a ecm when the majority of shittops are down..... they didn't send a ecm last time when majority was down when BL and TDG claimed it would be 2 weeks for a fix cuz emunation source was being help and then no1 changed his mind and released it and 2 days later BL released fix for pancraps then b3v and dn both swith to this new map57 and once again there are no bins for either viewcrap or pancrap because the monkeyman coders have no source to steal cuz source for emunation hasn't been released... Oh wait they going to have a full emu

Username: Foxy_male

Live Oak, Florida United States

Post Number: 1
no new's in this case is not good new's.
reaching the point once again no pay no play
cycle of life for me no cash no hash.
MAY we all make this the best year ever 2008

Silver Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 893
MAY we all make this the best year ever 2008

2007 will seem like a wet dream compare to 2008 u can all expect more down time like that of the last few months. bev and dn will soon switch for simple digit cw morphing to a much more complex system they are in just a little taste of the testing phase.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 08:33 am:

this was posted by dssguy this morning at another site...

#471 01-02-2008, 04:12 AM
The_Dss_Guy
Welcomed Guest Join Date: Apr 2007

Releases..

Awhile back in this thread I told everyone they had it figured out and releases would come within hours (they did), but each camp has to implement what they learned into their own bins. The fixes recently have been due largely to the emunation guys, and of course once a way to counter is revealed, the FTA support Teams go to work. If everyone of them was running a more similar emu then the fixes wouldnt take so long, but the individuality of each Box would suffer.

Using the emunation fix via a wrapper for their bins was a smart move for CW. I happen to know their coder is brilliant, and has some help from a few other brilliant coders, but that really had little to do with how quickly their fix came out. They had purchased a "plug in" that allowed them to disassemble the emunation fix, and quickly wrote the routine for their units. kudo's to the CW Team, they were on top of this. I had a little inside info they would be releasing within "hours", and they did just that. The rest are now playing catch-up, but I bet alot of coder teams will be gettting that same plug in for a bit more speed on delivering fixes in the future. These ECM's have NOT been easy, but each time providers make a move, the teams learn more.

Remember, I said a couple weeks ago "it's gonna get interesting for sure" Well it did! Quickly too!

Brute forcing the timer routines was a brilliant idea with minimal compromises to our viewing pleasure. the credit for that goes to Emunation. Now that coders know the routines can be brute forced in time (given the units have the horsepower) expect this to be the norm till the emu's are written. January may be a bit ruff on us as far as downtime, but I bet dollars to donuts we won't be so vulnerable in the near future.

Expect more fixes from other teams shortly, but Providers will just change Map calls again. Until the teams complete and switch to bins with map emu built in, the ride's gonna be bumpy.... After that? I predict smoother sailing for those with a map emulator

Dunno what everyone is whining about, you still have plenty of channels.. Be patient and ride this storm out.. If you can't? SUB!

I sub and have HBO, Showtime, etc. so it really doesn't effect my viewing. Maybe you should sub too Whining does no good.. ....................

I TOOK THIS AS GOOD NEWS

I have no sub and do not plan on it anytime soon.

I have my trusty Rabbit ears for the worst of times..Must admit though I am missing my Fox News. Election time and all I get is the Clinton News Network and PMSNBC...CSPAN IS SOMETHING? You see I am a political junkie

Silver Member
Username: Halo

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 287
get away from all the dn commotion and relax till the bins come out:
TO pass your time Check out www.hitmusic4u.blogspot.com for the latest songs

Username: Kadejak

Post Number: 3
Must admit though I am missing my Fox News. Election time and all I get is the Clinton News Network and PMSNBC...CSPAN IS SOMETHING? You see I am a political junkie

WHAT'S SO GOOD 'BOUT F*CKS NEWS?

Bronze Member
Username: Hi09

Post Number: 54
Fox News i.e. Republican Propoganda Channel

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
That`s it (NOT) but even if it was, now we are only left with democrat propoganda. That is how most of you base your decisions I guess.

Username: Luser

Post Number: 9
I wish VS would just put one of those Emunation plugins in their bin! Who cares about 10 sec delay when a movie's a hour+ long

Bronze Member
Username: Gladiator34

Post Number: 23
that delay is when you change chanels only

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 190
Khanji

Posted January 2nd, 2008 12:39 PM IP
-New post-
BEV is fully down, and DN is losing channels rapidly , locals are still up. There are fixes for Dreambox and some other receivers, these are the first steps to reaching Full Emulation for a stronger fix. Other manufacturers are still working on fixes. Viewsat is reporting it could take up to 1 month to complete a fix. Please stay tuned for updated information. The coders are working on a more permanent solution with all of the information they have acquired and this they have reported will take at least 1 week. Hopefully this new year will bring new fixes. Check back for updates on fixes!!

Have a great New Year guys...

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2874
we need that pasted in a few more threads please

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
that was out a week ago at certain sites. nothing new there except date changed.

Silver Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 463
Copied and paste from The Total FTA

"Latest Update from Viewsat Coders

Well the Viewsat Coders have been working very, very hard but even they need time for the holidays to spend with friends and family. Now with the holidays behind us and a fresh new year upon us, we will see the fantastic support we all know the Viewsat Coders can deliver. Their main goal is to finish the full map EMU. They are making great progress but it does take time to get it done right. With that said, they have no timeline for completion. In the mean time they will try their best to provide temp fixes to keep us watching TV. Remember their main priority is the full map EMU. The game still continues.
Cyphris"

Bronze Member
Username: Pj94z

Post Number: 35
no update out yet ?

Bronze Member
Username: Jakel

Post Number: 12
bs on the viewsat fix i am not whining but when i bought the box they hyped up i was buying thier support too. I just haven t seen this great support they were talking about.
someone show me where i went wrong besides buying the wrong box with poor support

Bronze Member
Username: Cool4us

dude, just be happy coz u r getting it for free... otherwise u will be paying left and right...

Bronze Member
Username: Regrun2

soo true..and never knw abt this market..
all of a sudden out of maarjet ariza is first almost every time..strange game..

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 350
Da#m, Ariza's fix is out already. What's up with viewsat! Mr Viewsat used to be the first one out of the gate with the fix....guess he's losing his touch.

Silver Member
Username: Jagr1234

Post Number: 138
you know if the box worked for one full month you got your moneys worth. if you were to pay for the package that was received with your fta box it would easily be more than the price of your recvr. you must rationalize ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2914
viewsat coders test the bin's more throughly. That is great news to me I cant afford for them to rush the bin's and take a chance messing up my receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2915
Dick has a good point.

Right now my viewsat is getting probl over 100 channels on DN...I am thrilled with it and have NEVER been were I cant find SOMETHING to watch

no purn so what go make love to your wife then......or her sister its better anyway!

Silver Member
Username: Gigolo72

Post Number: 138
ya the viewsat bin will come out last and like usual it will last for one day, where captiveworks are enjoying it now for almost a week, i think i am switching to captive now viewsat guys had too many sales they built the market and now we get the middle finger, their excuse is (THEY ARE TESTING THE BIN) Bull*sht

Silver Member
Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 122
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
New update on Files....

BEV is fully down, and DN is losing channels rapidly , locals are still up. There are fixes for Dreambox and some other receivers, these are the first steps to reaching Full Emulation for a stronger fix. Other manufacturers are still working on fixes. Viewsat is reporting it could take up to 1 month to complete a fix. Please stay tuned for updated information. The coders are working on a more permanent solution with all of the information they have acquired and this they have reported will take at least 1 week. Hopefully this new year will bring new fixes. Check back for updates on fixes!!

Have a great New Year guys...

Posted by master at 5:21 PM 0 comments

Username: Sammynorth

Post Number: 8
Your brilliance amazes me - I just can't imagine anything more intelligent. BTW, when you car gets a flat, I assume you also just throw it away and get yourself the latest wheels to come out. Could you let me know where I can pick up your discards?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2560
C/P from fta4all
This is what is happning right now linux boxes are up and running. (using a Dreambox 500) Probably will working until another map call is employed. Because the dynamic key is being decrypted with a bruteforce script within the var/bin file for linux boxes it causes a small inconvenience of a pause of 5 seconds to 38 seconds each time channels are changed. The bruteforce script is running to find a key for that channel. This is similar to what is being written for some of the fta box's these coders are trying to overcome the pause between channel channel changes. There are probably different approaches to overcome the dynamic map call 57 but this seems to be the most straight forward approach that some coders are using. The map call is broken just the challenge to best circumvent the dynamic key changes is the delay. The fix should be very near for most fta manufactures. We can't a time table on the fix for various stb's but it will be soon. We aren't down for the count by far. ps don't just install any bin that is released make sure it is verified or just get your file from your manufacture sponsored sight so you don't kill your box because of some malicious and stupid poster Just keep the faith and be patient.

Username: F117a

Post Number: 3
Let's face it Viewsat suxx azz. Support??!! What support!!??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us