Receiver connected to internet question

Username: Fwans089

Post Number: 2
I heard there is a receiver that can be connected to the internet, and it doesn't get affected by the ecm. Anyone have any idea about this, the name of the receiver it it really works...
Thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 470
dreanbox and nfusion, but remember when you are connected to the internet your IP address can be traced.in other words dn or b+v could trace you

Post Number: 3
i could get caught? i was talking to a friend, he said he's been having this receiver for a year and no problems with it, so can they actually bust him?

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 473
yes,its just a matter of time

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 382
african, do you own either of those boxes, where do you get your information that everyone is going to get caught? Have you read anything about these boxes and where the servers are?

Please inform us......if you have anything but rumors.

Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Bugster999

Katy, Tx

Post Number: 82
There is also the NeoSat but for some reason that one is not working for me. Anyone else using that reciever?

Bronze Member
Username: Carpie

Post Number: 16
Accessing the web site isnt a problem. In order for someone to get "caught" they would have to be raided and ideally be watching a pirated signal. If a box capable of watching a pirated signal was impounded it could be circumstantial evidence that pirating is taking place. A warrant would be required to gain access to the premises, and the IP address could be the basis for issuing a warrant. At this point striking out against the FTA population at large is a better bet. Welcome to 1984!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
I just thought that the african knew something that no one else knew. He is always telling every one that they are stupid and asking stupid questions, I thought he had some inside information that we were all going to jail for stealing tv.

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 481
sorry if i mis informed you Bill.did not mean to,but what i meant was the way Carpie put it.sorry again

Bronze Member
Username: Tytaz

Post Number: 40
Set it up to burn when you hear the bang on the door like the hackers do with their systems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
From what I understand their servers are in south east Asia and they do NOT log ip's. Not sure what a court order from the U.S or Canada would do in their country

Bronze Member
Username: Carpie

Post Number: 17
In theory it isnt any more risky than downloading a flash for regular FTA boxes if you consider it a path to a physical location that could be followed up on.

Silver Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 356
If you think that IKS is risky, consider this: posting, downloading, uploading, or even registering at satellite pirate sites can get you into problems...

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2516
NO, i order to get "caught" using an internet based box, the server would only need to get compromised, then EVERY SINGEL USER CONNECTED TO THE SERVER COULD GET THEIR IP ADDRESS COMPROMISED. IP addy's being recorded has led to MANY ARRESTS for various crimes. They arent trying to catch these users... YET. If the numbers get high enough, they will. U can count on it. Big risk for just a few more days of tv. They do go down, but come back much faster. Dont give up on fta yet. In a month or so, they will be better fixes.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2792
the same goes for what you do Dantetn
downloading bin files to modify a receiver to steal programing

Post Number: 5
Can someone who knows how these receivers works tell us how they work? does it always have tp be hooked up to the internet? or just when it goes down? i think that fta programmers are lazy enough to not put an automatic fix for these ecms.

Silver Member
Username: Vndpatel

Post Number: 423
i have a nfusion and it always has to be connected to the net. i dont know why, but there are a lot of peeps at [link removed] that can help answer your questions

Gold Member

Post Number: 2520
u r right fta, but i can go to a "hotspot" and get a bin if i am worried about it. With these boxes ur ip is sitting there all day, every day it is on.
They have to be connected all the time. This is where I say screw it. Ur talking a few more days of tv... thats it! For a potentially big problem

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2832
Os of now we have had problems with DN-BEV for a few WEEKS not day's i am getting a infusion and a dreambox......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2521
How old are u FTA? Didnt u say u were in IT??
I hope u have ZERO problems out of it!
U new guys to the game give up TOO easy!! Always looking for something easier... unreal. U realize in a few weeks/ months we will either be UP like over the summer (I think this is how it will be), or it will be out for good. And when fta goes down... these iks boxes will too.

Username: Tasmanian_satellite

Post Number: 8
what would the web address be to receive these signals for those receivers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us