Problem with USB adapter serial cable

Bronze Member
Username: Pizza

Post Number: 58
Hi

I bought a serial cable. it has 9 pin is one side and other side usb adapter. when i hooked it up with computer it recognize as usb adapter. but i want to set up as com port. it does not show. is there any way to get this in com port

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Konikgarbusek

Post Number: 18
Assuming you run Win XP...
Right click on "My Computer icon" click "Properties" then click "Hardware" tab then "Device Manager" button.
Here under "Ports COM & LPT" you should see your RS232 to USB adapter. Right click on it then click "Properties" click "Port Settings" then "Advanced" button then from drop down menu set port number to "COM1". Now, if your system says that COM1 is already in use you have to juggle ports number around.
There are certain ( I've found at least 2) RS232 adapters that for unknown reason won't work with loaders.
Good luck,

Username: Tin42man

Post Number: 4
your computer usually assigns a com port to it. You have to go to device manager to find out which one or to change it.

Bronze Member
Username: Konikgarbusek

Post Number: 19
Loader programs are written to work with COM1 port. If during installation your system will assign for eg. COM4 or COM5 to your adapter, loader program will not find it.

Bronze Member
Username: Pizza

Post Number: 59
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us