31' dish

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 201
Where is a good place to get a 31' dish and a good lnb ? Also what is the advantage ? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2768
A 31" dish, motor and QPH-031 lnb is around $150 on ebay now...

The advantages of that system is over 17 sat's and over 2400 channels both FTA "in the clear" and all of DN and BEV.

I have one set up here its great I always have something to watch...Dont let the motor set up scare you it is the same as installing a static dish antenna...I suggest mounting it on a chain link fence pole in you yard that way its easy to get to if you need to adjust it..

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 203
That sounds good but I don't have a fence. Maybe I should mount it on a 4X4 because right now it's on my roof. What controls the motor ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2776
mine is not on a fence eather mater of fact it would not work that way....its on the pole next to the house like 10 foot away.....buried around 3 foot with 2 bags of ready mix cement ..

the receiver controls the motor its neat it sends the signal through the coax

Username: Post_man

Post Number: 10
M-1 Bundled System Includes Regular Price
CLASSIC NA Receiver $119.00
Digipower SG-2100 Motor
$69.00

FS80P 31" Dish $45.00
ULN1 0.4dB LNBF
$29.00
Universal wall mount
Inc. with dish
Bonus 1: Sadoun Hat $9.00
Bonus 2: Sadoun SF95LK Signal Meter Kit
$24.00
Total if bought individually $295.00
Bundle Price Only
$230.00

Additional 5% Instant Cart Discount

Additional 5% Instant Cart Discount

Today's Bundle Price Only $219

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Post_man

Post Number: 11
Tester
Can you tell me what is the last bird you can scan in far West and the last one at far East.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Upreferee

Post Number: 11
How does the channel numbering work? On the standard 2 lnb 110/119, the channels are mixed togther. With the motor, do you have to keep the channels banked together based on satellite? I can't imaging just pressing channel "up" on your remote to scan through the channels and having to wait for the motor to move each time.

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 204
I would think that you would have just certain sat's on at a given time using the motor. That way you don't have all of those channels the require the sat to move.

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 205
I meant having the dish to move.

Bronze Member
Username: Viewsat_ultra

Post Number: 16
I'm currently using the DN 500 but I have a 31" w/motor and the LNB that's pictured above.I haven't set it up yet does anyone know the settings required(antennas,tp's etc.)?
Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2779
Your receiver can only watch one sat at a time anyway...you dont have to wait for the motor to move that often....we do tend to surf the channels ont sat at a time

the farthest sats are west 148 and east is 61.5 so far but we are working getting p3 its a little further east

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 491
fta tester,
are all recievers capable of powering the motor?do you have to run additional co ax to motor?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2782
every fta receiver I know of can....it sends the signal to the motor through the same coax you already have.It connects from the receiver to motor to switch to the 2 lnb..one cicular one liner

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 492
thats cool,i'll try it out.thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2784
and for price.....you can find deals on ebay with bundles with the motor or the qph-031 lnb

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 493
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 360
Upload
it's easy...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2786
i will be here to help

the 31" dish and motor is just as easy to set up as a static 18" dish

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 175
A motorized System is not hard to install.
The hard part comes in the aligment. Yes it's not too hard to hit few Birds in the Belt but to get in the arch where you can scan over (30) Birds
from Hispasat 1C and 1D @ 30.oW to Echo 1/2 @ 148.oW close to (4,000) Radio and TV Channels is not as easy as the tester claims to be.I read here where he was asking how to set it up but could find his true South. Hell his State is facing true South.

Upload

AS you can see the solid line is in the Arch
hitting all the Birds. the dotted lines are hitting few Birds. Don't take my work,
check it out.
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Upreferee

Post Number: 12
I'm leaning towards trying out this setup with the motorized 31" dish. I would like to get more information about this. Is there a guide I refer to about setup instructions, programming the receiver, what satellites and channels I have the potential of viewing as true FTA, etc?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2797
its very easy we get one sat then track in another and do some fine tunning its easy find a week sat to use for tuning 82 is a great sat to use for tuning....as far as trying to find "true south" its too complicated their is a trick to make that easy.....It is easer than tuning in a dish500
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us