Vortex Pro 7700

Username: Bdsingleton24

Post Number: 1
Hey, I have the Vortex Pro 7700 and I was wondering what all it is compatible with? Like will it work under Pansat 2500 clone? That is what I had heard, but I'm unsure. If so, does anyone know of any place I could buy miscellaneous items for the receiver? Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6583
Vortex Pro 7700 is a Pansat 2500A clone with the unique capability of being Fortec Ultra compatible.
The uniqueness has a historical significance only. As far as you are concerned it is a Pansat 2500A clone and everything that applies to Pansat 2500a clones including conversion to 2700 work-a-like applies to you.

As of now the conversion BIN CS_233T_lightning or jvvh_233 bins are valid for you. Currently there is an ECM on DN and BEV reception, so even after conversion you will not recieve any more than you are getting on your current 293T or 294T BIN - the latest Pansat 2500 clone BINs. However, one of these BINs should be the starting point for the conversion.
The new jvvh_234 should be used if you are wanting Globecast (GC).
Please print the instructions file and follow carefully if you want to convert. Please do not start questions on conversion till you have read the instructions and the contents of the kit fully.
For Pansat 2500/FLU new conversions and converted to 2700

In case you have difficulty getting the latest BIN, it is available here.

Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions included.
The latest jvvh_233_(BG)_ and jvvh_234_GC fix bins included and available separately
The latest CS_233T_lightning Bin included and available separately.

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

FOR GC FIX 29th December, 2007, use one of the jvvh_234 BINs posted separately. The BEV and DN fixes in 233 work only on basic reception

Post Number: 2
So basically I have to convert it over to 2700? I use DN, so which bin files should I use at this time? I have never done this before and I would like to know what all i need to do this correctly, like what kind of uploaders i might need, etc. Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6588
You are OK with CS_232t_lightning or equivalent jvvh feeez fix file.
But it does not matter to a DN viewer whether you install 232 freeze fix, 233 Bev fix or 234 GC fix

Post Number: 3
And where do I get this file?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6594
Read my post two posts above. There is a link there. You need to download, and then read and preferably print the instructions. Then do the conversion.

Post Number: 4
Thanks so much you've been a lot of help!

Post Number: 5
After I downloaded file, it said zip file is invalid or corrupt?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6600
I just did a test download and everything downloads fine and unzips well.
Download it again.

Post Number: 6
OK that worked! I did only need to download the file "full_7A.zip", right? Now, the instructions link you gave me is gone... so will I still need that? Also, How do I put these files over onto the receiver sorry if these questions seem dumb, but this is my first time.. thanks so much for the help you have gave already!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6603
It seems you need to have somebody with computer savvy to help you.
The file you downloaded is a .zip file. You have to unzip it into a known directory. I recommend using the direcotry name jvvh. Create this directory under "Windows explorer" or "My computer". You should know where the downloaded file is.
Double click on the full_kit7a file and unzip it into the jvvh directory. Then under windows explorer go to the jvvh directory and double click on Instructions.rtf or .doc file and print out the instructions. You may also print out the allfiles.doc.
Then read the instructions and follow them properly.
If you can't understand or do the above, you should get help from somebody who has a better knowledge of how to use a computer.

If you are knowledgeable, it is a good thing to have winzip on your computer. It is available from
http://www.winzip.com
Download and install it first and then do the unzipping operation suggested above.

Best of luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Wabash

Post Number: 18
I've started a new thread for sharing all info about new bins and I hope you'll direct all bin-related info there so we may all find out about bin releases, bugs, downtime, etc., in one place, just like the New Keys thread.

New Bins https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/427000.html

Bronze Member
Username: Wabash

Post Number: 19
And BTW, I own the Vortex 7700. Great little receiver. Never needs JTAG. It's never completely down (during last year's big bin downtime, at least it picked up CNN) and it adapts to the 2700 conversion nicely.

If only it weren't a clone...

Post Number: 8
Does anyone have any preference on whether to use CS_232T, 233, 234 etc? I use DN
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us