Com port open failed

Username: Homiegq

Lasalle, montreal, QC Canada

Post Number: 1
has been downloading for about 1 1/2 years with loader 2 about 3 months ago started to receive error message "com port open failed" tried another computer same error after trying everying thing under the sun to fix it i noticed it gave me the same error for my buzz and another fta receiver.Same error also even on other computers.After a while i got it working on my computer at work and on certain other computers to make a long story short i am able to download with computers that has the genuine windows xp version but not those with copies of windows xp . as i said i tried everything i can think of like configuring the ports of the loader ,uninstalling and reinstalling the ports,
trying to open the loader with and without my viewsat receiver connected. Any thing else i can try?

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 1246
umm try com port 1 and make sure u r unzipping the files..that happened to me to..try extracting files..where do u get loader2 from? try totalfta..maybe they got it

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2606
what version of the loader are you useing?
are you useing the serial to serial cord or an adapter?

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 279
I had the same problem with my 2700a twice and to fix it i downloaded an older file and it went right in . like i was trying to download 231 but it would not go so i put in 201 i think , it went so then i put 231 in no problem , then when i tried to put 232 in same problem and i did the same thing ,WHY I DON"T KNOW

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2619
Its more of a Windows problem than a receiver or even the loader problem.

DN PPV-MOVIE-ETHNIC and ALL of BEV Channels DOWN as of now!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 38
this has happen to me before......try to disable the com port (COM1) (go to control panel-system-hardware-device manager-ports-COM1-right click-disable).....you will have to restart your computer....then enable the port again and open the loader.......

Username: Ncx

Post Number: 7
Have you tried a differant cable? If your using an adapter maybe it's defective? Theres no reason I can think of that the version of XP (genuine or not) would make any differance since the com ports are assigned based on whats on the mobo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us