Satellite signal meter

Bronze Member
Username: Loverboyz

Post Number: 28
Hi,
I am looking for satellite signal meter to find satellite quality for me. I am trying to pick nimiq 2 and 1.3, been trying for 2 days can't get nothing. I am currently pointed to 110 & 119. I moved my dish southeast little bit nothing happen. I am in san antonio tx, lat is 29.42 and long is 98.42. According to online satellite finder I should point to azimuth 148-150 deg. 51 elevation and skew -26. I don't know what to do with skew.
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 1211
u can get a signal meter from ebay

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 147
john
You need a Birdog, very easy to use
and will find the Birds every time.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tale

Post Number: 102
You have to calculate elevation first and change it ! Here !
http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2560
the meters are eather a cheap one that just screams when it get ANY siglal no quality or one for 500 or so that id's the sat with a quality meter as well........i ALAYS ALWAYS fix it up so i have a tv in view of the antenna while pointing so i can use the the receivers meters so do that

www.dishpointer.com uses google maps to show you everthing you need to point to a sat its great..change all the feilds for your info location what sat all that and it will give you tilt info, and direction....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I used dishPointer, its giving telling skew = -13.2 deg. I don't see -13.2 deg on my dish. Can somebody calculate it for me according to my dish. I have dish 500, dual lnb. Using pansat 3500.

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

NC

Post Number: 399
the gadget taht Yukon put up is the bet in the market,but who knows how much it costs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I saw the price about birddog on one website its more than $200. Can anybody suggest a cheaper one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2563
its just a little below the tilt for 110. so just move the dish down.....what i do is make dish lose so i can move east-west..then change the tilt just a little.....move east-west if i did not get a sig...change tilt again just a little....start with the dish tilted up moveing down a little bit each time....east-west....over and over you will get it

Silver Member
Username: Jowhar

Post Number: 144
Go here

http://www.globalwholesalers.biz/satfinders.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2564
bird dog meter on efay now for around $350

http://search.eba**y.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&maxrecordsreturned=300&frpp=50&fr om=R10&satitle=bird+dog+meter&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis= 200&fpos=74801&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&f soo=1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2565
Good find their lucky I like this one

Upload

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 151
Upload
Upload

Around $60.00 for the compass and meter.
The best combo money can buy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2573
ya but that meter is "ignorant" it does not ID the sat or have a quality meter for fine tuning...................i like the other one better not that i will ever get one i just use the fta receiver
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us