What tv would you buy for under $2k?

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtpeper

Colorado

Post Number: 70
As the title says Ill have around 2k by the end of the summer to spend on a tv. Would rather spend 1500 or less but Im looking for best picture doesnt have to be larger than 30" Just a really good picture to go with my great stereo set up :-) Not sure if I should go for a wide screen set but that might be nice? Anyway please help, thanks
Jeff

Anonymous

If you are into hdtv I would suggest the sony kd-34xbr960 coming out next month. It has integrated atsc/qam tuner for over the air and digital cable. Also has hdmi and is widescreen. It has best picture since it has second generation super fine pitch. Not sure of exact cost but is around 2k.

Sonee Fan
Unregistered guest
New Sony TV's

While the above mentioned XBR ($2200)would be nice, might I mention the XS series due out in August. A widescreen KD-30XS955 30" for $1400 that features Super Fine Pitch.

Bronze Member

Colorado

Post Number: 72
where can i find info on this tv?
thanks
Jeff

Sonee Fan
Unregistered guest
I found discussion about the new Sony TV's on the Agoraquest forum. One of the links:
http://www.agoraquest.com/article.php?sid=191
Talking with a Tweeter salesman about digital cable, he states the cablecard will work without a digital cable box. However, he cautions only one way communication is possible so that the onscreen guide and pay per view will not be available.

Bronze Member

Colorado

Post Number: 73
Excuse my ignorance Im kind of new to the world of high quality tvs. What makes this TV so great? It sounds like it might be perfect...
Thanks
Jeff

Sonee Fan
Unregistered guest
Here is a link that reviews the Sony 34XBR910. It briefly describes Super Fine Pitch which is what makes these Sony's look so nice. The new XS series will be cheaper in price than XBR and will include SFP to display a really good picture.
http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/sony_34XBR_910/index.html

Linda E.
Unregistered guest
I like sony also. I found this paragraph from sony website. All I know is some tvs have shadow mask and some have aperture grill which I think is better. My husbands friend works at Best Buy and has not heard of cable card tvs.

"Super Fine Pitch CRT

Created especially for displaying high resolution pictures like high-definition broadcast, the new Super Fine Pitch CRT features the proprietary Super Fine Pitch Aperture Grill with 65 percent increased number of vertical "slits," which improve image resolution, for crisp, brilliant, highest picture quality reproduction from corner to corner."

Sonee Fan
Unregistered guest
Linda,

Cablecard tv's will be out next month due to FCC mandate. Here is a faq link from Cox. A Tweeter salesman tried to convince me to stay with a set top box over cablecard. IMHO I do not believe the extra features are worth set top box rental.
http://www.cox.com/support/phoenix/cable/plugplay.asp

Ted H.
Unregistered guest
what about zenith c27v36 mentioned in Brett's post

Bronze Member

Colorado

Post Number: 74
Any more opinions?
Thanks
Jeff

Filip
Unregistered guest
There is always the Target special. A 26 inch widescreen 1080i model txn2670whf for $699!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us