Viewsat Extreme Vs2000 HD

Username: Pacman89

Post Number: 1
I hooked up my receiver using component cables but the channels are not really showing as High Definition (still only 480i). Is there a setting on the satellite I have to change? Or anything extra I have to buy? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Extremex

Post Number: 101
VS 2000 is NOT an HD receiver. You will only get 480i from it and it will not decode the HD channels.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2491
Are you on a DN sat?
did you get the adapter needed to view DN HD also?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2492
Ya i just woke up and missed that

9000 is the hd receiver

Post Number: 2
But it has component hook-ups in the back, so it should have some sort of High Def. Correct?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2495
LoL no your VCR does too and its not.

only the $750 9000HD with a adapter can receive HD channels

its cool your not the first to think that

Post Number: 3
VCRs only has composite (Red, White, Yellow), this has component (Red, Blue, Green).

Bronze Member
Username: Carpie

Post Number: 13
The component output delivers the signal to the TV in a different way, but the signal from an Extreme is not and will never be HD. If some one led you to believe this than you have been given bogus information. Was it satgrl?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2497
well no matter i only have and deal with viewsat platinums here so the extream i have never seen but i just now looked it up and yes it has the red blue green composite video plugs for the best transfer to your tv. It does not however have the tuner needed to receive any HDTV from any source.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2498
oh and i said vcr caus i looked at mine real fast and saw them their.....it is a dvd recorder too so thats probl why....

Post Number: 4
What if my HDTV has a built-in tuner? And also, where can I get a tuner needed for high-def?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2545
I also have HDTV but the sat receiver has to have the tuner to receive the channels first.

Right now it is "around" $750 for a HDTV receiver, and a adapter you have to get in order to receive DN HDTV. Most of us are going to wait for the receivers to drop in price and be more stable....looking at the dreambox now..

Good luck do some shopping for the viewsat 9000 HD receiver

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1518
daniel heres the item number on ebay so u can check it ot yourself.the item# 140193142772

Post Number: 6
Ok, now I am returning the Extreme Receiver and I was wondering. If I only get the receiver, will I have the HD channels? Or is it a must that I have to buy the adapter/tuner with it? And whichever way I go, will all the channels be HD? Or only a few channels?

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 328
HD receiver only will get bev hd @82w

HD receiver with adapter will get both dn and bev

not all channels will be hd

sonicview 8000hd with adapter 600$

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Sonicview-SV-HD8000-HD-8000-v2-8psk-Kit-Combo_W0QQitemZ3 50007785479QQihZ022QQcategoryZ32847QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 9
Ok well on DN, what channels would be HD? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 329
some here
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/129list.htm

here
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/61-5list.htm

a couple here
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/110list.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2554
Only HD channels will be in HD. the HD receiver does not make every channel be in hd. You will get every channel on each sat you have a lnb pointed at when the coders have a bin out that allows viewing of DN programing. Their is no promise that you will be able to watch DN-BEV channels all the time. In the last few weeks most of DN-BEV programing has not worked with a fta receiver.

I looked around at lots of places and its still around $700 for the HDTV receiver and adapter.

You will need also to be able to receive more sat's than just 110-119 in order to enjoy all the HD channels. I would suggest a motorized dish so you can get all the sat's not 1 or 2. With that much $ invested might as well get everthing. I have 2400 channels here with mine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us