Cannot get 110 and 119 together....

Bronze Member
Username: Jaye50

Post Number: 35
this has got me pulling my hair out....i've finally converted.....conversion went fine....but i cannot get echo 7 and echo 8 to come in together....half the time if i scan echo 7 it picks up echo 8 channels....and when i can get echo 7 to scan first....and then scan echo 8....it gives me duplicates of the echo 7 channels....

i've got echo 7 on switch 2.....echo 8 on switch 3....i've got good signal....and good quality on both....until i scan and try to get the channels....then one of the sats will give me "no signal"....

is it possible that the skew is off and i'm only picking up one sat at a time??

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2426
no its not a tilt problem

what is the lnb? is it a dish pro or dish500?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
sorry....dual lnb....dish500....standard 4x switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 2429
ok cool we can fix that.

how is it connected?

With the dish500 you dont ever use a disqc switch it has one built in. Your recediver can only conltol one switch so everthing gets confused. I is mAde for 2 receivers to get 110-119 at the same time that is what the 2 ports on the lnb are for.

you run 1 coax from the receiver to the lnb. in antenna settings you do 119 on disqc 1 and 110 on disqc 2......now my dish500 likes 119 on 3 and 110 on 4 so play with the disqc settings some..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
sorry again...lol....two dual lnb's

Gold Member

Post Number: 2430
ok well the way you decribed the problem is a switching problem.....please ID the lnb's and decribe what sat's you are trying to receive?

2 or 4 lnb's?

are they both dish pro or dish 500?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
one lnb on the dish is labeled 119...and the other is labelec 110.....i've got coax from the lnb labeled 119 runing to disqc switch 3....and the coax from lnb labeled 110 running to switch 2.....

before i converted....the flu blind scan picked up both sats with the same setup i have now....but after the conversion....blind scan will only pick up one sat at a time.....i have to scan them individually....

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6530
"Two dual LNBs". A dual LNB has two cables coming out of it for two receivers. Two dual LNBs have a total of 4 cables out for two receivers.

You should get one cable from one dual to Port 1 and one cable from the other dual to port 2 of your switch.
Then in Antenna setup use Echo 7 (119)W to port 1. Do NOT set Echo 8.1
Do a blind Scan. If you get all 8.1 channels, then go into channels edit and Delete the sat. Teh in antenna setup use Echo 8.1 (110W) to port 1 and Echo 7 to none.
Do a blind scan. Now set what you have on Port 1 to none and the other one to port 2, and do a blind scan.
If you have second sat, it will likely be pointing to 61.5 and should be connected to port 3 or4 of your disEqC

If you have a second receiver, use a second DisEqC switch and get the second cable form one dual to it and the second cable form the other dual to it as well. If there is a second dishand has a dual on it, the two cables are meant for two receivers via two switches.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2432
i bet its a dish pro or dish500 thats the way they are marked the 110-119 lable is for you to see what lnb you point to the sats not what port has those sats.....the lnb is for 2 receivers

try the set up i decribed for dish 500 getting rid of the switch it is not needed.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6532
What TFT is saying is that it is a twin LNB. TWIN LNBs are OK if you are not going ot have a second Sat. If it is as TFT says, he will give you the settings for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
yeah....it's a dish 500 with two dual lnb's for two recievers....i've got one coax from each lnb running to the switch.....using one reciever....ft....how do you hook up the two lnb's without using the switch???

when i scan....do i need to scan one sat with the other not connected at all??

nalin i'll try what you suggested....right after i take a couple of asprin....lol...

Silver Member
Username: Razzorwyre

Post Number: 116
Ok well i have a question for FTA or Nalin. I have a second dish coming soon and will point to Bev. With will be identical as my first and dsih500 with legacy twins. I know they have internal switches. The question is running both dishes how do I get both twin lnbs into one receiver without using another switch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2437
their is a switch INSIDE the lnb so if you use add another switch it will get confused!!

that lnb ic NOT one port for 110 and one for 119 the two ports are for TWO RECEIVERS.

just go one coax out of lnb to receiver do the antenna settings like i posted above and enjoy your tv

Gold Member

Post Number: 2438
its easy as pie to add the other lnb......

you use the DP34 switch it is desined just for that!

when you get the new antenna let me know i have a drawing of how to connect it.

Bronze Member
Username: Babulal

Post Number: 49
Thanks for the info FTA Tester, but I am a bit confused...I have a similar problem, where I am using a switch for 110 and 119 and I can only get one signal, to watch 110 channels, I have to disconnect 119 on my switch, to get 119 channels, I have to disconnect 110 going into my switch.

You mentioned above "just go one coax out of lnb to receiver" my question is if you have 1 cable coming in from 110 lnb and one cable coming in from 119 lnb, how can you hook up 2 cables to receiver directly? Don't you need a switch?

Thanks for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2441
deponds on what the lnb is

the most commion LNB out their is the dish 500

i have posted clear instructions here in the post on the correct way to connect it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:m8bXxG3c5SHF_M:http://www.n2news.com/images/ dish-500.jpg

this is what i've got....like nalin said....each lnb has two ports.....and one lnb is labeled 110...and one is labeled 119....are tft....are you telling me that i only need one lnb for 110 and 119?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2446
cool its a dish500
have you tried my suggestion yet?

if its not a a dish500 or dish pro lnb and you have the trouble you decribed you may have a bad switch

first try what i decribed

then connect the switch again to difreent porst like 3 and 4 for an example

Gold Member

Post Number: 2447
sorry i am typing one handed

connect the switch using different ports on the switch like 3 and 4 is what i should have posted

Gold Member

Post Number: 2448
The more i look at that pic i think its twins so yes it should need a disqc switch......i bet your switch is bad

but PLEASE TRY TO SET IT UP LIKE I DECRIBED FOR DISHPRO-DISH 500 FIRST so we know for sure

might try connecting the receiver to one lnb NO SWITCH and scanning the sat, then changing to the other lnb and scan.....then connect the switch and test it....its how i have to work with my qph-031 sometimes when working on a tricky sat like 118

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2384
fta, there is no such thing as a dish 500 lnb. This is where u get confused. There are a few lnb's that go on a dish 500 setup. The dp lnb
and a dp plus lnb. Both are dish 500. U HAVE to connect 110 to disecq 2 and 119 to disecq 1. Set this on the antenna setup on the reciever. It will work. U also have to make sure is is aligned properly. Signal on both

Gold Member

Post Number: 2385
didnt see the pic... set up the ant settings first, then use the switch. 119 port 1... 110 port 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 2452
dantetn

their is a dish500 lnb. It is marked dish 500. I have one righ here on my house. It is the most common lnb in the usa. if you connect a switch to it it will never ever work I have helped several pepole here with that problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2387
It does have dish 500 on it... there are TWO
the dp lnb, AND the dp plus lnb. They BOTH have dish 500 on them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2388
That just means they are for the dish 500 system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2453
thats fine lets not argue here about it here..

We now know what his lnb is based on that pic. I think he has a bad switch or the receiver is messing up the switching process..we will see

Gold Member

Post Number: 2390
i am only saying this because u always imply that dish 500 is dish 500. It is not. If u understand the difference u will be able to help people better. The dpp lnb, doesnt work well with some recievers. Some have to leave a sub reciever ON to power it. The dpp lnb is the one they use when u have the dual reciever in one.
It also has an input

Gold Member

Post Number: 2391
or its not alligned properly.
U have to use disecq 1 for 119 and 2 for 110. In the ant settings AND the switch itself. It will work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2455
ok ok you win

[link removed]

[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 2392
ok ok I wasnt trying to win dude. I was SIMPLY telling u this... AGAIN. I have told u this a couple times before, u wont listen. If u will look at the links u just posted, u will see what i am talking about is true. Just cause it says dish 500, doesnt mean it is one setup... can be many. Different ways to set it up. Wasnt tring to ARGUE at all. I just see where u seem to have a hard time helping when this is the issue. That is why...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2458
if you are not trying to argue then stop posting. I agreed with you! you are nagging now

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 959
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2397
i stopped 30 min ago...

Bronze Member
Username: Annamouse

Post Number: 19
I have a 2500a converted to 2700 no jtag and not a clone, converted to 2700 no jtag, loaded jvvh232 bin , only able to find echo 7 , i want have both 119 and 110 only ... what do i need to get both. I have gtools but will not reconize to load both 110 and 119 , jvvh bin only giving me echo 7 how do i get both .. oterwise fast channel change and epg is fast...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2466
please make a new thread and we will help you thanks

look closly at antenna settings

in your new thread list all lnb switch's everthing

Username: Jimmy_jones

Post Number: 6
prosupport siad to do a hard rebot on my viewsat extream i dont understand how to do this thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2468
first thing is next time start a new thread.

hard reboot just means use the switch on the back of your receiver to turn it off and on

Bronze Member
Username: Klondike_kike

Post Number: 26
New Thread

Upload

Username: Jimmy_jones

Post Number: 10
thank you very much iam new at this

Gold Member

Post Number: 2470
funny funny

i meant this

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
i've done all that was suggested....and i've pretty much detirmined that my switch is bad....thanx guys....hope your holiday was everything you wanted it to be......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2472
I has surgury on my arm last week so its been kida a bummer so far....got hurt at work......now i have to type one handed....lol

I would connect at least one lnb and have something...go find a dish pro lnb like the one i thought you had they are around everware for free

have a good one

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 324
is it dish 500? lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us