HELP with Pansat 2700A Receiver

Username: Madhudsstester

Post Number: 3
I recently bought a Pansat 2700A receiver and loaded X-87BL_071222_B75_231_api bin. When i do blind scan it returns 0 transponder and the signal i see 99% and quality nothing. When i press SIG(Green) Button i dont see anything. Is there anything wrong with my receiver? I didnt see signal 99% before and also it seems like it stuck there.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 681
What are your current antenna setting?

Post Number: 6
118 W. I didnt use this system for a month because i am out of station. when i tried to use its not working. I downloaded latest bin and when i do blind scan this is what i get 0 transponder.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2415
what lnb are you using for 118?

any others?
switches?

Post Number: 8
how will i get that information. Sorry i dont have much idea on this recently bought this and friend told me what to do first time and this would be my second time downloading bin and doing blind scan.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 682
Madhu, go to Menu>Installation>Antenna Settings and tell us what you see.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2417
we also need to know what lnb's,switch's you have connected to the receiver not just your settings

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 683
FTA TESTER, it sounds like he loaded a bin and scanned without entering any antenna settings.

Since he has no idea of these things, LNB types, dish types, switches etc,, I'm thinking let him enter the "normal" settings and Blind Scan. A short cut. If he does not get the channels that way then he might have to learn more about his hardware and setup.

If the shortcut works, it might save him a lot of headache.

Just an idea.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2421
but, abby you need to know what the lnb's switchs are that are conected or you could set it all up wrong and it wont work correctly a waist of time. Just always get all the set up info first then try to set it up it so much easer....

Post Number: 9
LNB Type: Standard
LNB Local-freq:10750
22khz:-OFF
Diseqc: #1
Legacy SW: None
Skew: -45
TP: (1)11000 v 7.000
Positioner Setting: Disable
Satellite Scan: ALL
Level: 99%
Quality: 0%
but when i press sig button it shows nothing.

Post Number: 10
THe cable comes from dish has a DP34 switch and then to the pansat receiver.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 684
That's on what Sat? What Echo?

Don't worry about the zero quality for now. Use those setting on Echo 7, go to Power Scan (Blind Scan) and scan this Sat. Don't use Satellite Scan. Tell us what you get.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6529
LNB local frequency 11250 on Echo 7 or 8.1.

TP1-should show 12224 on most although that would not matter if you are doing a Power or blind scan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
0 transponder found

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 1195
try switing it off from the back and switing it back on i had the same problem and it fixed..then try to check ur antenna settings.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
LNB Local freq:11250
TP-1 is 12225

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 1196
mine is working on
TP 12326
and it shows 0 on the rest tp's for the quality..

try changing transponders and search for signal..it will work

Gold Member

Post Number: 6531
"that would not matter if you are doing a Power or blind scan."
If you want to you can edit and change 12225 to 12224

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 685
You may need to have a more knowledgeable person look at your setup. Provide the details FTA TESTER was asking for and let him have a look at what you've got.

Just for my information could you go to Menu>System Information and tell me what you see?

Also, go to Menu>Installation and tell me what you see listed under Selected Satellites.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2434
Yes we still need to know what all hardware is connected to the receiver

all i see is a dp43 what lnb's? other receivers? do you have a dn receiver as well? why are you using the dp34?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
System Information: X:87BL api:75-2.31_EUbX boot ver:75

Selected Satellites: echo 7/KU

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yes i do have dn receiver as well but it was not connected. I do have DP34 switch and model is 107107

Gold Member

Post Number: 2445
ok ok

so how many lnb's are connected to the dp34?

how many receivers?

Username: Undisputed

I have a converted pansat 2700. I have a fortec reciever that I conveted a copule of months ago. Can I use the same bin for my reciever?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
One LNB and One receiver.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 687
vince carter, you're hijacking someone else's thread preventing him for getting the help he needs.

Start you own thread and you'll get all the help you need.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6535
Vince. Please do not highjack a thread. It confuses people, who are discussing a subject.

The answer to you is, "YES,they use the same BINs now".

Username: Undisputed

Post Number: 10
sorry for hijacking the thread!!!! Thanks for the response tohugh. Greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Here is something for your information to look for my solution: As you mentioned on the other thread...My receiver is turned on autoroll and it was like this for more than a month and even i am not home for a month. By the time i come back i am not getting channels so i checked for latest bin and trying to blind scan it says 0 transponder. This is because maybe my satfile corrupted or deleted transponder??? If this problem is because of satfile where can i find PANSAT 2700A satfile? i need your help on my situation.

""If your receiver is staying on autoroll for a longer than normal lenth of time when on a DN or BEV channel you may have lost data in your receivers satfile.
The satfile becoming corrupted during or after a updated bin file is uploaded is very common. What is happening is some transponders are being deleted from the satfile in the receiver during the updating process.

The Channel will still be on the channel list but the Transponder that the channel is transmitted on can be deleted. We have seen this many times here in the last few weeks."""

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 688
Madhu, while you're waiting for more help, I'd suggest you go ahead and install the latest bin for your Pansat 2700 receiver: http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?p=79867#post79867

The 231 bin that you have loaded right now had a few problems.

Use that file only if you are sure that yours is a genuine Pansat 2700 receiver and not a clone. Once it's loaded, do a Default Setting (Factory Reset).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Abby, i downloaded the file and installed it. I chose the same Echo 7/KU
LNB Type: Standard
LNB Local-freq:11250
22khz OFF
Diseqc: #1
Legacy SW: None
Skew: -45
TP: (1)12225 v 20.000
Positioner Setting: Disable
Satellite Scan: ALL
Level: 99%
Quality: 0%
After that i did blind scan still says the same 0 transponders found.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 690
The settings look fine. Not all TPs have a signal on them and if you change the TP, you might see signal quality but that's not important since you'll be doing a BLIND scan. You did the Factory Default, right?

FTA TESTER or Nalin may be able to help you further regarding your hardware but could you recheck all your connections in the meantime?

For example, connecting the coax cable into the wrong IN port at the back of your receiver is more common than you would think.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I checked everything. All the connections fine. I checked with my friends receiver it is working at my home.Probably something wrong with my receiver but dont know what it could be and why it is not recognising TP at all. Even while doing blind scan it suppose to scan some TP's he says.Hopefully FTA TESTER or Nalin would help me. If not probably i would have to buy another one even i dont know whether warranty is there or not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
FTA TESTER or NALIN is there any help for me???

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1645
Madhu Sudhan,

Download the factory bin for Pansat 2700 receivers and load it into your Pansat 2700. Then, load the latest bin which is bin 232, not 231. Please disconnect the satellite cable from your receive, wait 30 seconds, then re-connect it. good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I tried everything. but it still says the same 0 transponder found.

Bronze Member
Username: Rayjen

Post Number: 11
it could be caps in power supply board c13 c14

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
I didnt get what you are saying. Is there anything that i can fix or i have to get new one? Help me

Bronze Member

open up receiver replaces cap 13 14 if the caps are puff up on top please install same type + and - in same place

Bronze Member
Username: Dashboard0210

put your reciever on channel 100 and tell me what you see

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Thank you. You are great. I see that those caps are puff up. could you tell me where can i get those and where can i get it fixed. What is the reason for it happen so that i will be careful next time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
radio shack or any tv shop will have them please be careful solder them in right

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thank you very much once again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
good luck and let me know if it works out

Username: Dummer

Post Number: 1
I have same problem when I came back from a 30-day vacation. I was getting signal for the last 6 months. Now, it shows no quality. I did a factory reset and loaded the new 232 bin. No hope.

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 149
Nalin,now is it fair to say that you can not judge
a person by his Post Numbers.

Post Number
rayjen=14
Nalin Nyda=6,535
THE FTA TESTER=2,445
AV=1,645

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Yukon ,I work on electronics plus this information has been on here before i like to read here and test All the people you talked about are good testers what happen to lk

Gold Member

Post Number: 2641
LK got fed up with all the bs here and left....ya he made hiself alot of the trouble with his bad attude...

MOVIE-PPV-ETHNOC on DN and ALL OF BEV DOWN

Post Number: 2
Madhu, Did you get it working?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
did you get yours working Dummer

Username: Kenbelk

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
I have a pansat 2700a three weeks ago while running bin 228 I lost all PPV and a lot of locals since then I have tried to load bins 229 231 and 233 and each time it comes back download fail.So with advice from a friend I loaded factory bin 120 successfully I procceded to load bin 233 and it failed I then put bin 228 back in with success.I am turning the unit off between each download for 20 seconds.All the bins I use come from future-fta.info Any one got any ideas what the problem might be?

Post Number: 3
No. I am waiting on Madhu. If the replacement of caps work I want to try.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6582
kenneth belk: I am presuming that you have a genuine Pansat 2700 and not a clone.
The company advised a change in the Boot software in Feb/March of this year and that boot is called the B75 boot for Pansat 2700. The first new BIN after installing the b75 is BIN 201 or so and the series has come to the current 234 BIN.

Therefore, if you receiver is not showing b75 scroll when you turn it on, you have to install b75 Boot first and then BIN 233 or 234. The loader after installing b75 is loader 27.02. BIN 233 is the current status on DN and BEV (very little TV) and 234 is an improvement ONLY for viewing Globecast channels.

The Boot b75 and instuctions are available at:
[link removed]

Some of the sites might be too busy right now.
The b75 installation i.e BIN and loader are also available at
http://pansatusa.com

Please read there first, as you can at least get upgraded to B75 from there.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
Nalin Nyda:I am running b75 with loader 27.02 and the receiver is a genuine 2700a,I don't understand why the last three bins will not load. Is bin 070310_B75_120_api the factory reset bin? I wiil try bin 234}

Username: Ninjad

first of all hi to everyone...heres my problem, i have a pansat 2700 loaded with bin x-87bl_071214_b75_229_api and it worked fine about 2 weeks ago at a friends house. Today i connect my dish and the pansat 2700 and when i scan the sat it picks up channels ( alot more than it did at a friends house ) but nothing shows...whats the prob? help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Dummer, it is working now. i got those two changed c13, c14. Now when i scan its recognizing transponders but i think now the bin is changed. Anyway atlast i got my receiver working cant wait for new bin. Thanks to rayjen.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
Nalin Nyda Did you go on vacation Ken's still waitin

Gold Member

Post Number: 6618
I think I had posted this yesterday but in a hurry I must have forgotten to confirm after preview.

[link removed]

New 2700 Loader (and factory file #1.20 )
This file has the loader and the factory file (bin 1.20).

You will need this loader to do the boot fix upgrade.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2700A loader.zip (447.4 KB, 1585 views)
**-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **--
[link removed]
New factory bin for the b75 upgrade
Here is the newest factory bin out for the b75 upgrade. Loader v27.02 is also included in the zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2700A(b-75)_121_api_1 factory bin.zip (436.4 KB, 3483 views)
**-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **--
Try these and follow it with BIN 231 or 232, before trying 233 or 234.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us