Viewsat Ultra question. Please respond when you get a chance.

Username: Viewsat_ultra

Post Number: 4
Hi,
I've been testing the viewsat for a few months now,at first my problem was that I was unable to receive more than 3 ppv's, now I can't get more than 1. Why?
I performed a factory default then I loaded the latest firmware (VIEWSAT_ULTRA_V131)and sat file (SATINFO_07.sat)from Viewsatusa.
I did another factory default followed by the latest bin and one more factory default.
Next:I input the time settings,-5:00,DST,summer time off,location,etc...
The problem is when I'm in the Antenna Setup.The super-imposed info on the top right of the screen doesn't match the sat that I'm on. When I'm in the 110 sat,the info on top is showing 119 instead of 110. Also when I'm in the 119 and change the TP Freq. setting from 12224 to 12239 the quality meter goes from 100% down to 0%.
Have I deleted something or am I doing something wrong?
Thank You and Merry Christmas.

Post Number: 5
My Receiver information is as followed:Are they correct?

Bootloader 0.10
Main S/W PFTAUSW-071222U
Satellite U006
H/W Ver. V0.1
model name vs2000 ultra

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2391
Ok first off you are trying hard you are just getting the order in witch you do things a little wrong.....first upload channel list from receiver to pc, put in new bin, new sat file, and lastly your channel list.....that saves you from loosing data.

what is your antenna?
dish, lnb, switchs? everthing

please post all of that so we can fix it

here is a handy guide for the updating process

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/424720.html

Post Number: 6
DN Dish500 No Switches
SATELLITE ECHO....8,10 110
LNB POWER ON
LNB TYPE OCS-DP
LNB FREQ. 11250
22KHz OFF
TP FREQ. 12224
DISEQC 1.0 NONE
MOTOR OFF
LEGACY SWITCH NONE

satellite echo.... 7 119
LNB POWER ON
LNB TYPE OCS-DP
LNB FREQ. 11250
22KHz OFF
TP FREQ. 12224 (change to 12239)
DISEQC 1.0 NONE
MOTOR OFF
LEGACY SWITCH NONE

Post Number: 7
FTA Tester Thank You for your help.
How do I upload channel list from receiver to pc?

Post Number: 8
Do I have to enter the keys manually

Username: Lavaboy

Post Number: 7
You say no switches? How are your two LNB's connected to the Receiver? Also if using Dish 500 you probably have universal or standard type LNB?

Post Number: 9
I subscribe to dn.I'm using my DN dish 500 with dp plus digital lnbf . I have the coax looping out of the viewsat into the dn box. Is that a problem? Should the viewsat have it's own dish?

Username: Lavaboy

Post Number: 8
When in antenna setup screen for Echostar 7 119 do you see Echostar 7 119 on the same bar as the Antenna Setup? (top right corner of screen)Also what is your 'S' quality reading?

Post Number: 10
When in antenna setup screen for Echostar 7 119 do I do see Echostar 7 119 on the same bar as the Antenna Setup and from there I've been told to change the TP freq. to 12239 but when I change to 12239 the quality drops to 0% and the super-imposed value goes away all togther.
P.S. When in antenna setup screen for Echostar 6,8 110 I see Echostar 7 119 on the same bar as the Antenna Setup instead of Echostar 6,8 110.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Sorry, The S quality is 76.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I may have a switch. When I looked at my dish last, I noticed that there's 1 dual LNB with 2 cables coming out of 110 & 119 and it goes into what I thought was a spitter but what I now guess must be a switch. I do have the diseqc that came w/viewsat should I remove the splitter or switch that's there now and replace it w/diseqc switch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2395
Stop

dish 500 has a switch built in so you cannot use the diseqc that came with the viewsat

In order to use both the DN receiver and the fta receiver with the dish500 you have to use a DP34 lets hope that was the switch that was thier from DN i assume.
I noticed in your settings for the viewsat you had the Diseqc switch for 119 and also 110 off the set up with the dish 500 is 119 diseqc 1 and 110 diseqc 2 when it is set up correctly with the DP34 try that and lets see what you get

Gold Member

Post Number: 2397
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
The Diseqc switch that came with my VS is still in the box. I don't know what type of switch that's in use now, its from dn. If it's not a DP34 can I find one at radio shack?
you say "let's hope" reffering to the switch, Should the fta not be connected to the dvr?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2398
another idea even easer.

The dish 500 is a lnb designed for 2 receivers to receive 110-119. It should work great if you set up like this:
one port out of the lnb to you DN receiver. One port out of the lnb to your viewsat receiver...set the antenna settings like i said....or you might need to play with switch settings...mine here likes better at 119-setting 3 and 110 setting 4....so play with it

What is happing now is the DN receiver is controlling the dish500 for both receivers so its getting all confused..

so please try that no reason why it would not work unless i just thought of this if your DN receiver is a dual tuner and uses both outputs from the dish500 then you will have to have the DP34

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
ok ok you just answered me

the dn receiver is a dual tuner so you need a dp34 or something like it

go look at the switch from dn does it have anther out port free?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I googled the DP switch and see where to find, I'll test it out.
Once again you always have an answer.Thanks again for all your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2400
no prob glad to help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
From what I recall the switch only has looks like a simple splitter, not like the switch that you mentioned .

Gold Member

Post Number: 2401
ok well i need to get some rest been a long day
lets work this out later today....make new thread

Username: Afishingfool2001

Fond du Lac, Wi US

Post Number: 1
how do i hook up my dvd to my amp and dish reviever.right now all i get is audio when playing dvd,s

Gold Member

Post Number: 2418
Art you hijacked this thread
please make a new thread.
thier are forums here for audio were you may get help as well but we can try
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us