What to if channels still not working after new bin

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2131
If your receiver is stuck on autoroll for a long time you could have lost data in your satfile. Use this guide to replace it.

If your receiver is missing channels now do this and you should get them back

With new Bin's being released so often so many of you are losing channels during the updating process.. To save alot of time I thought I would post a few suggestions of what you should do before or during the updating process every time you upload a new bin in your receiver.

I do this each time and never have any data loss I just do it this way, in this order, and watch tv seconds after putting the new bin in my receiver not after fighting my receiver for hours or day's.

#1 BEFORE you disconnect your receiver from the TV make a note of ALL antenna settings for every Satellite you can receive. You could do this ANYTIME so its done. I have it all in nice text DOC in my computer.

#2 Download the new bin from the "home" forum for your receiver. Never pay for free info. Unzip the file and place it inside a folder on your computer named "new bin 12-03-09 or whatever the date is.

#3 Go to Viewsatusa.com or wherever on the nett you can get one and get a FRESH UPDATED copy of the satfile. Place this file inside that folder you made today.

#5 Use the Loader Program or USB drive to copy the channnel list FROM your receiver to the computer. Place that file indise the folder you made today.

#6 Use the loader Program or USB drive to install the new bin, satfile, and Channel List from the folder you made today.

#8 Connect your receiver back to TV, LNB and whatever else you normaly do.

#9 Using you notes make sure all settings are the same as before in each satallite you can receive in antenna settings.

#10 Turn it to a sat and if need be let it autoroll. Sometimes this step takes 3 min sometimes 10. If you interrupt it by changing channels it will take longer so just let it roll.

#11 Watch tv. Be thankfull it works.

#12 After using the receiver for a while go to the "home" forum for you receiver and report any Bug's or thank the coders for their hard work.

Yes their are a few extra steps here than what some people will say do they do but when these steps are done they save ALOT of time and energy fixing trouble after a data loss. I have 17 sat's scanned with 2700 channels it would take me about 5 hours to get everything back the way I like it. I am sure others will jump here and say stuff like "I never do all that and I never have troube" That is fine I am just saying if you do this you will not have trouble due to data loss or settings being wrong. It takes me about 5 min to do this each time so its not a big deal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2138
bump

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 252
Good job FTA Tester

Gold Member

Post Number: 2141
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2161
their has been freezings reported on BEV and DN with new bins on 12-22-07 . The steps in this guide will NOT correct that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2170
bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 2186
If your receiver is staying on autoroll for a longer than normal lenth of time when on a DN or BEV channel you may have lost data in your receivers satfile.
The satfile becoming corrupted during or after a updated bin file is uploaded is very common. What is happening is some transponders are being deleted from the satfile in the receiver during the updating process.

The Channel will still be on the channel list but the Transponder that the channel is transmitted on can be deleted. We have seen this many times here in the last few weeks.

To solve you can eather compare the receivers satellite list using a website such as lgnsat for every transponder for each satellite you can receive(a long time consuming process it will take several hours to complete) or download a updated satfile from the internet.

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 181
This is a hard one. If you still have the channels and the autoroll is still on after a period of time. I just hit the power button on the remote. Then power back on, then it works. If your channels are gone after the update then rescan satellites.Also I am using a vs ultra and a platinum. I can keep the channels on the platinum and just recently keeping the channels on the ultra without rescanning. Now the fta tester says he has a solution to the channel loss but I have never figured it out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2193
Scabz I would be glad to help you.

Turning off and then back on the power button helping you with a autoroll issue is telling me you may have a antenna setting wrong.

What is your setup? What LNB'S, switches etc

Bronze Member
Username: Gonxggo

Post Number: 53
I am getting scrambled channels every 5 minutes and it goes away. Can any one please help?

I have clone Pan 2700 and using chanci 31 bi n

Gold Member

Post Number: 2200
Some users are having some luck with turning off autoroll to stop or slow down the freezing. Their is no known 100% fix for the freezing for ANY receiver at this time.

Bronze Member
Username: Gonxggo

Post Number: 54
FTA Tester,

Thanks man. Freezing TV is better than no TV.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2210
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Shadow45

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 219
Thanks for the guide FTA_TESTER.

I've got some questions though so if you have some time ,please help out.

I have a converted pansat clone , and I use BL uploader 1.4.0.0 , how do i load the satfile with it?

correct me if im wrong, but is it 1. load bin file , make sure setts are correct, power scan and then load the satfile?

I've never had the need to load it(satfile) since i dont think I've ever lost channels, but wouldn't hurt to try.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2214
I am not good with the cloned receivers. I believe A satfile comes with your bin in a zip file along with a channel list?.

In looking at your procedure their it would seam to me that you would need to load a satfile BEFORE you could correctly scan a satellite. The satfile has all the transponders for each sat. If your receiver does not have a updated satfile before it scans it could miss transponders. That is the reason why I suggest getting a new sat file.BUT,

If your cloned pansat can sill BLIND SCAN then just do that. Some Viewsat's can not blind scan anymore..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2235
Some users will need to use this guide today..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2236
C/P from another thread by Nalin Nyda thanks!

Viewsat Ultra only

[link removed]

VS Ultra FAIL FIX

C&P
This is a repair program only! It is a tool used to repair 'dead' Viewsat Ultra boxes. It is not intended to make receivers decrypt anything!

Your Ultra will need the latest fix after it has been restored!

Works on GENUINE ver 1 & 2 VS Ultras

Will repair what appears to be an unrepairable 'dead' box...

- Unit will not respond to your remote
- Accidentally loaded the wrong bin
- USB not recognized
- the old favorites '----' and 'fail'
- Unlocks hopelessly locked units (codes -0000, 0937, 3570)
- Works on GENUINE VSUs
** This tool has not been tested on clones, so, I don't know if it'll work...
The list goes on...

Needed...

Loader2, the PVRloader is just as good
A NULL cable
Install 'mainpg.pgm' via your serial port, your presumed dead unit is now behaving as new!
Now get the latest fix and install via your thumb drive.
You DO NOT have to install a factory file.
Attached Files
VS Ultra FAIL FIX.zip (1.01 MB, 303 views)

Bronze Member
Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 100
fta tester i asked u something my view sat exterem is same freezing.as u say that u put the sat file but last time i put sat file but in this sitfile i d,nt see the echo 1.2 (148)/can u tell me wich satfile has all the satelite like 1.2 ,3,7,8,9 ect 91 82 like these .can u show me where i download sat file wich has 1.2 (148) may sat ile has 119 and 110 but not 148 .thnx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2251
[link removed]

Has the latest satfile always.

Hope that helps

Silver Member
Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 101
ftatester its hase the sat transport of 1.2 i mean 148.thnx for reply

Username: Shahrukh007

Post Number: 6
FTA Tester --- How can i reflash for pansat 3500sd so i can get Quility stable. Any help would be good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2260
yes mike the satfile has EVERY sat FTA ku, FTA c-band, and DBS

Gold Member

Post Number: 2272
I have to go to a family Christmas dinner I will be back around 10pm

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 183
Im glad you brought up my settings because I do believe that something is wrong. I think its my lnb. I have my wifes reciever hooked up to 110 and mine is 119 on the lnb. Hers works great and mine has a few issues. Mine auto rolls longer when hers is pretty fast. I switched hers and mine around and hers worked crappy and mine worked great. So, it has to be the lnb. I hope.

Silver Member
Username: Shadow45

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 221
Thanks FTA_T , yeah my lava3200 is still able to power/blind scan after i load up any bin.

So I guess i wont have to load the sat file with it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2281
Bunp

Silver Member
Username: Ed_zackary

Post Number: 616
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Chicken_little

Post Number: 354
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ed_zackary