Shopping for a new plasma

Silver Member
Username: Dj_excite

Post Number: 138
i recently baught and returned a samsung 720p 42 inch plasma...it had great color but the images were fuzzy like around peoples heads or small numbers it would be fuzzy.. price range is up to 1800. please help looking for 50inch
thank you

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 259
Samsung plasmas when given decent signal and properly set up don't give fuzzy pictures. Figure out what the real problem was is the best advice. Nothing else you buy will do anything different given the same conditions.

Ya might want to have someone calibrate and Display you may get for you as an FYI.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3661
Samsuck is just asking for problems in the future. If you want a reliable plasma with good picture quality, look at Panasonic. You'll need to break in a plasma TV. Keep the contrast at 50% and the brightness and sharpness as low as possible and stay away from black bars and static images for the first 100-200 hours.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
....no samsung, after seeing what it looked like i regret going through the hastle ...panasonic i might look into since i dont know much about them.

Silver Member

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 260
Alrighty-- The first generation Samsung plasmas had problems with QA a little but basic green push a lot. But nowadays, they are fine. if there are any doubts, please join me at the Samsung area in janaury at CES in Vegas. and we can discuss their plasmas and watch them with the techncial folks who actually make them. I can assure you, that Samsung is a good company and makes decent displays. They don't amke displays to have fuzzy pictures! ( Are you on drugs?)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3662
Samsuck has reliability issues with virtually everything they make. Wheather the TVs look good when sold or not, they are one of the worst companies in the world for reliability.

Silver Member

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 270
Hmm. I dont think that is as true as it used to be. In fact, Sony enlisted SAmsungs help about two years ago to help out with their own relaibility issues, which were far worse as far as plasmas.

Do you have any stats to back up your claim David?

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
yea cause im still stuck here....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3663
I work in the repair end of electronics. I don't need stats to know Samsuck sucks for reliability. Get a Panasonic. Panasonic has always been one of the best companies for reliability. Nothing Samsuck makes performs as well or lasts as long as Panasonic.

Silver Member

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 272
What type of electronics do you repair? 2006 and 2007 Plasmas?

I fully agree that Panasonic has QA down to an exact science. No arguement from me. IN fact, I own a 2003 Panasonic Plasma and it works perfectly.

My only point is that Samsung displays are MUCh better than they used to be.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3666
Has Samsuck gotten better for reliability lately? Yes, but when you're in the worst 5 companies for reliability, that's not exactly grounds for a celebration. No, I don't work on plasma TVs. But I have been at this long enough to know that manufacters either make reliable products or they don't. They don't make some stuff great and other stuff crap, it just doesn't work that way. Most Samsuck products, including their plasma TVs, get mediocre to poor ratings while most Panasonic products, including plasma TVs, get good to excellent ratings. Why are you pushing an inferior TV over a better one? I'm done arguing about it. The poster in the thread can do whatever he wants. He wanted options, I gave him one. Whatever he does from here is up to him.

Silver Member

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 274
Hi David. I am not meaning to argue, and am not commenting with that type of flavor at all. One comment I would make is that Sony had a disaster with their Plasma relaiability but do excel in other display technology areas. Samsungs LCDs are excellent overall and have a large market share there as well. Their plasmas have improved. Panasonic and Hitachi has better QA though, and Fujitsu and Pioneer simply make a better plasma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us