Trying for 110

Silver Member
Username: Thakkar2000

Post Number: 115
hi guys..i am trying to set 110 (echo 8). dish pointer says i need elevation of 30.2 an Azm (true/magnetic) of 196/207.....right now i have that dish on b3v 91. how do i move the dish for correct Azm and elev. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1962
welp......its eaay 110 is west of 91 so ...move the dish west...what i do is go ease-west then move the tilt a little then west--east until I find it..always take about 10 min..

trick is to have a TV were you can see it from the antenna while pointing...and move the tilt just a little...move east--west then try again....

dishpointer will help alot so you wil know the general dirsction to point the rest is just the tilt....

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
thanks alot fta tester....my 91 AZ is 196/207....while for 110 its suppose to be 220/231...is the difference really significant??? and do i have to tilt it alot cuz if so then neighbours house might get in the way:-(...thanks once again

Gold Member

Post Number: 1963
yes you will have to adjust the tilt some. I know how you feel about the neighbor's house I have one that sometims parks a big truck in their yard blocking me from 148 LoL I have to go ask them to move it about every saturday....LoL

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
yea i tried no luck..now gonna try with the other satellite...ur lucky its neighbor's truch that blocks u....in my case its the HOUSE...i will try asking them to move thr house:S

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1467
t23 just go to this site enter your zip code and it will tell you tilt,skew and how to.good luck

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1967
Might have to move the dish

I love to use the pole mount its easer to point and adjust...I can almost always find a place in the yard the antenna can see the entire belt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
thanks RTAP.....n yea couple of my friends suggested pole mount/retort stand..would be alot easier!

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
***meant tripod

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1470
yw
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts