Samsung DLP - Component 1 (DVD) video interference

Username: Billmac

Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 1
Looking for help identifying possible problem for picture distortion on the DVD input on my HLN5065W1XAA Samsung. No problems with component 2 picture (Calble TV set top box) but have distorted picture when using DVD. Have eliminated non TV items as souce of problem (DVD player, cables, etc.) Has anyone here experienced same? Upload

Username: Joe_kane

Post Number: 1
Bill,

I have the same issue, and its on all analog inputs, but only in 480i mode.

I'm guessing your DVD player is outputting in 480i into component 1, right? Component 2 doesn't take 480i input, so your cable box is most likely outputting in 480p,720p,1080i, and no issue, right?

If your dvd player is capable of outputting 480p, try to switch to that, does the issue go away?

If you check your other analog inputs (video 1, svideo1, etc) you may also have the same interference, even with different sources. I originally suspected my dvd player as well, but found the issue with any 480i source.

My guess is that its the analog board in the samsung, but I've been trying to get someone else to confirm that as well.

Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks Joe, yes switched to progressive scan from interlaced and eliminates the interference however older DVD's don't seem to play well in 480p. (i am certainly not the most technical poster here). Thanks again for your input.

Username: Joe_kane

Post Number: 2
Bill,
At least you can limp along in that mode.

So it looks like we have the same issue. I've been PMed by a small collection of users here and elsewhere who have the same issue.

Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 3
FYI, got Best Buy to replace the analog board and no more problems with 480i
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us