Few Questions on Dead Boxes. (FTA TESTER)

Bronze Member
Username: Ragidy57

Post Number: 37
im very interested in this hobby. I really dont want to make any money at this. But i would like to be more involved in this. Maybe fix up some dead boxes for myself and sell at cost to a few "close" friends that want to get into this.

How would one go about fixing a dead box? Are there any repair books or online reading that will go into what i need to know.

There are alot of boxes on ebay that people have that are dead and you see some bidding on them.

Thanks

Example is this box here on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Viewsat-Ultra-FTA-Receiver-w-Remote_W0QQitemZ200182925833QQi hZ010QQcategoryZ32845QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1450
the easiet box to bring back from the dead is the pansat,by way of jtag. when viewsat dies you have to change a chip.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1953
I have brought about 30 viewsat's and 20 or so pancrap's back form the "dead" by just putting in the factory bin and the the latest bin. I have never yet seen one that I could not fix this way. I buy then "dead" on ebay and places like that all the time then sell them here to some "buddy's"..
I have never j-tagged as os yet but, I may have been lucky who knows...

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1465
TFT how do you do this with out jtag first.if the receiver is dead meaning no indication of light on front display then how do you load the factory bin.if the receiver is not on how will it accept the program u are loading.the reason for the jtag is to go connect directly to ecm.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1960
like i said i may have been lucky so far

Silver Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 941
yeah that does not make sense...if u have a dead receiver with no light how can u load a bin into it? i had the same with pansat and there was no light i just threw it away and purchased a SV
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us