Disq switch????

Silver Member
Username: Chicky3884

USA

Post Number: 163
I have been using a regular splicer and today I got the disq switch. What do I do after I hook it up? Do I scan the sattelites again? And should I erase all the channels first. Thanks in advance

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 164
And how do i know which wire goes into which sat port?

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 341
If you were getting all channels you do not need to rescan.
Most diseq switches have four inputs, LNB1, LNB2, LNB3, LNB4 and an output to receiver. Any dish or LNB can be connected to any port but you will have to go menu, installation and dish settings and configure your settings accordingly.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 170
I wasnt getting all the channels thats why rtap told me to get the switch. But heres what I dont understand ( I am fairly new to this) Why is there 4 wires if I only use sats echo 7 and 8? Two wires per sat or...? Thanks for the response ,I appreciate any help I can get!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5898
There are two wires from a dual LNB - One for one receiver and another for the other receiver. If you have two duals mounted on a bracket, one will be pointing to 119w with outputs for two receivers, and the other will be pointing to 110w with outputs for two receivers.
You take one output of 119W and one output of 110W to ports 1 and 2 of the switch respectively. You can take the other two to another switch if you have another receiver.
Software setting can be tricky. 119W is usually connected to port1 and you set it to port 1 in software (antenna settings). It is the setting of 110W which can cause problems and mask the channels scanned for 119w.
You can set 110w to either 2 or to none, and try with different LNB settings.
One trick is to connect one cable only, blind scan. Then disconnect. Connect the other cable and do blind scan.
DO NOT CONNECT/DISCONNECT ANTENNA CABLE WITH RECEIVER POWER ON

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1955
Is it a dish500 LNB?

If so no switch needed it will never work right with one ..

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1463
THE REASON WHY IT WON'T WORK RIGHT IS BECAUSE THE SWITCH COMES INCORPORATED INSIDE.NO NEED FOR ADDITIONAL SWITCHES.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us