How does star choice dish works

Silver Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 713
before starting this thread.. i wish nalin bin nadia stay away from this .. b.c this thread ll be ruined like every other post....

so my question is this? how does starchoice works.? is it same way as dn or bev. or its diff..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5880
Star Choice uses Digicipher and this has not been decrypted in the last two years.

Silver Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 719
so they use motorolla reciever i think?

Username: Harding

Post Number: 1
No. My friend uses Pansat 3500, and gets good TV. I thing he said something Star or Star something.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1944
Star Choice is the same as 4DTV is here in the USA.

c/p

The system requires an elliptical antenna of at least 45x60cm in size with a special LNB pair built as one unit to accommodate the narrow 3.8° spacing between satellites; the receiver uses the Motorola-proprietary Digicipher II system which has so far been virtually free of the problems with pirate decryption that have plagued other providers such as rival Bell ExpressVu. The standard 18" DBS antennas used by other providers are not compatible with this system as the signals differ in both frequency and polarization, due to Star Choice being relayed via FSS satellites, Anik F1 and F2 in this case.

You would have to have a c-band antenna to receive the signal then a receiver. A FTA receiver can not receive anything from that system..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Choice

Username: Harding

Post Number: 7
Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1947
No prob

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 833
Also it works WHEN you pay for what you watch. It's like trying to break into a bank YOU CAN'T hack into it. They are the smart ones, but you watch, Bev WILL be doing the same thing soon. And maybe DN will fallow. DTV has made it Harder to hack.. so DN will do it too someday. FTA will be no more. Heck they are even making it hard for the antenna (bunny ears) users. They put up microwave towers to scramble signals. What up with that BS?

Silver Member
Username: Leafs_wingp

Post Number: 145
FTA will always be around. 110 and 119 have the FTA channels.
You won't be able to hack BEV or DN sometime soon, by then most people will be watching their shows online anyway.

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 104
Not because they are smart, they are too small,
not much to offer. They go where the grass is
greener.

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 836
Yukon I PAID for starchoice a few years back and you miss one payment they cut you off. THEN after you cancel your subcription and pay any and all owing bills to them... THEY KEEP SENDING YOU BILLS!!!!! Threatening to take you court if you don't pay. For the past 7 years and wont stop. WTF... Since then I have been doing FTA I wonder why? I agree they offer nothing to watch.

Bronze Member
Username: Jack_meoff

Post Number: 72
THE FTA TESTER: You would have to have a c-band antenna to receive the signal then a receiver.

Star Choice is on ku. Hits in the US is on ku, also. However, the majority of the programming for the US is on c-band.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us