Contact Us

Newsroom

IDC in the News
Our Events
Press Releases
Archives
IDC Newsroom
Corporate > Company Announcement

International Datacasting Corporation announces new board member: senior telecommunications equipment executive added

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ottawa, December 05, 2007 -- International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) announced today that a senior telecommunications equipment executive, Mr. Kevin Rankin, has agreed to join its Board of Directors.

"I am pleased with the addition of Kevin Rankin to our Board of Directors. He brings a wealth of knowledge and depth of understanding of the telecommunications market to our team," said Ron Clifton, President and CEO of IDC. "Mr. Rankin's appointment comes at a good time as we grow the company and expand our applications in video driven markets such as IPTV," he added.

"I am delighted to welcome Mr. Rankin to our Board of Directors. He strengthens our team and I am confident that he will be a valuable part of the Board of Directors. I look forward to working with him as we lead IDC into the next phase of its growth," added Dr. Peter Scovell, Chairman of the Board of Directors.

The appointment has been approved and recommended by the IDC Board of Directors and is subject to the approval of the Toronto Stock Exchange. The appointment of Mr. Rankin fills a vacancy on the Board of Directors of IDC.

About Kevin Rankin:

Mr. Rankin, President of the Stoney Group, has held leadership roles throughout his 23 year career with industry leaders such as Nortel and Newbridge Networks,(Alcatel-Lucent), where he successfully led teams that consistently achieved revenue objectives.

Mr. Rankin was the CEO and a founder of Tropic Networks Inc. from its inception in June 2000 to the successful sale of the company to Alcatel-Lucent in April, 2007. He was responsible for all aspects of the company, and was responsible for raising $150M US in venture funding for the company over six years. As well as recruiting and leading a world class engineering and sales team, Mr. Rankin led the efforts to build strategic alliances and relationships with some of the largest cable and telecommunications companies in North America including Comcast, Scientific-Atlanta, and SBC Communications, (now AT&T).

Mr. Rankin serves as an advisory board member for the Ontario Centres of Excellence, Centre for Photonics, for privately-held Ashton Systems, and The Bridge Wesleyan Church. He is also involved in the Mindtrust Leadership Development Program,

which is an executive mentoring program for both Carleton and Ottawa University students.

Mr Rankin has a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering and Management from McMaster University.

< back to Announcements list

Bronze Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 52
wheres my $5mil Unk

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/fridaynews/news/2007/fridaynews070518.html

Bronze Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 53
I'll just edit this in here;)

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ieas&p=murdoch+owns

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Flutopia

Post Number: 230
This is what cought my eye...

"I am pleased with the addition of Lawrence K Nyda to our Board of Directors. He brings a wealth of knowledge and depth of understanding of the telecommunications market to our team," said Ron Clifton, President and CEO of IDC. "Mr. Rankin's appointment comes at a good time as we grow the company and expand our applications in video driven markets such as IPTV," he added.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 565
R15-300 - 0x10C1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R15-300 - 0x10C1 12/13/2007
Staggered National Release

Improved
Improved Search - By Channel
Improved Search - By Title
One touch record works in all screens
Access to record options (from prioritizer) when no scheduled episodes found
PIG: Highlight, Record, Stop functions removed
Trickplay on interactive channels

Updated
New Recordings can be set, even if todo has reached 100

New feature(s)
Delete Option (Red Buttom) Added to Playlist
Delete Option (Red Buttom) Added to ToDo List
Colored Option Buttons (Delete, Move To Top) Added to Prioritizer Screen
FF AutoCorrect
Skip to Tick (15 default marks)
Remote booking support

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 443
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 590
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:46 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:45 am:

Latest News: Dec 14 2007 4:24am EST
Viewsat files released ** FIX FOR BEV **
ALL NEW FILES: Freezing FIXED
Viewsat Extreme / Viewsat Platinum
Viewsat Ultra / Viewsat 9000 HD
Viewsat PVR 7000 / Viewsat Pro
www.fta4dummies.com Thank you!!! Oleg PHD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us