VS Extreme freezing after latest ECM?

Bronze Member
Username: Whodatbe

Post Number: 41
Anyone else notice this. While my VS Extreme is "Auto-roll Processing", it would freeze up, I am not able to change the channel, even by pressing the buttons directly on the STB itself. I rebooted, same thing happened, so I have left it off until the next fix. I have the DBPSW-071209X bin on right now, got it from ftaforall*net yesterday.

Silver Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 919
yup i have the same problem!!! ding ding...i got same file from same site..not working i tried the one from total and fta bins and its same problem adn i also tried the one from dss world..mines been auto processing since yesterday!!..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
if you are pointing to BEV it will auto-roll till the cows come home, cause BEV is down, my problem is the actual reciever freezes up, will not respond to any buttons on remote or on STB, so I have left it turned off.

Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 5
Same for VS Platinum and VS Lite.

Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 6
Same freezing problem I meant. You have to do master
reset (Power OFF/ON)

Username: Blueash

Post Number: 9
eveni was having d same prob but i switched it off from back thn again start it is working normal now but no chlls

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
bernardmi, those boxes are also freezing? Strange, the other ECM's just caused my VS Extreme to show "Auto-roll Processing" for ever, but I was still able to change channels, or go to the Menu. I hope its just a glitch in the last bin, we shall see I guess.

Bronze Member
Username: Tinytunes

Post Number: 58
Put it DN and live it and turn it off a the back and unplug it pull the dish wire and put it back on and plug it in and turn it on it should work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
at least I know it's not just me, thanks for the info people.

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 561
I have no problems with VS X or ultra. from files I got on Friday from Total fta.

Silver Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 920
YES WHO DATBE im using DN 61.5 and still autoroll processing...its been almost 1 day now its saying that i tried everything,...no luck,,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I only have one dish, so I would have to repoint it, and I'm not that experienced, so I will wait for a BEV fix, and be forced to stream hockey online, lol. That was one thing that these ECM's did for me, I was able to find a site that provideds p*p (replace * with 2) hockey streams, pretty decent quality too. Were there is a will there is a way. LOL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
davidvandiesel, your pointing at DN right. It's only BEV with issues, as far as I know.

satgrl, maybe just write step by step what you are doing, then the people that know the info can help you trouble shoot. I can't imagine it wouldn't work for you. The only thing that comes to mind would be that your LNB settings are different than your friends, maybe you need adjust them to match your LNB, but I am not that knowledgable.

Silver Member
Username: Hshakarchi

Post Number: 157
same with Ultra files of Sunday autoroll then freeze need to reboot to work again , I think I will put back friday's files...

Bronze Member
Username: Goitsme48

Post Number: 13
I ain't have any problems with my VS Xtreme.... loaded the same file that you did...

Username: Pooljunky

Post Number: 1
what's the difference between DN and BEV

Bronze Member
Username: Ratirao

Post Number: 31
they are brothers, living in peace, across the border, spoiling peace of the coders. one of them is candian another is american.

Post Number: 2
i'm new at this and this is going to sound stupid but how do i know which i'm running

Silver Member
Username: Chrisduclo

Post Number: 121
are you recieving canadien french channels or american channels.... bell vu express is canadian sat provider nicknamed BEV while DishNetwork is aan American (USA) provider nicknamed Charlie... and incase you see the name Dave that was the nickname of Direct TV.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5848
daniel aaron hyde: You learn by searching around and experimenting with your remote, going through the menu and antenna settings, etc to see what is happening. You will learn a lot.

Also look at
http://www.lyngsat*com

Post Number: 3
ok thanks

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1482
Who Datbe
Bronze Member use the bin before 07-12-07 it does not freez
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums