RDR-VX525 Question

Username: Rguagenti

Post Number: 2
I habve just hooked this up and I am using it.

I am dubbing a 30 minute VCR tape to dvd. I am using a +R disc.

Can I add onto the recording on the dvd by dubbing another VCR tape to DVD? I checked the manual more than once and I don't see where it says you can -- OR CAN'T.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3652
You can keep recording on +R discs until you run out of disc space or you finalize the disc, whichever comes first.

Username: Hellis01

Post Number: 1
I have 2 questions on this machine - first is what configuration do I use to get the disks to play on any DVD? I've used DVD+R, which won't play on anything but the machine itself, and DVD-R which will only play on my computer, not my DVD TV players. What should I use?

2nd question - the machine saya it automatically inserts chapter breaks every 5 or 15 minutes. I've tried noodling with the setup to get this feature to work, but to no avail. any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3744
Finalize the discs to make them play on other equipment.

Post Number: 2
I have finalized them...but they still only play on my computer....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3745
What brand of discs are they?

Post Number: 3
They are memorex. Does that make a difference?

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 47
for discs you can find in store, look for Verbatim

Gold Member

Post Number: 3750
Yes, discs can make a difference. Memorex is the Russian roulette of discs. They don't make their own discs and you never know what you are going to get. Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim discs are the way to go. TYs can only be bought online, unless you're lucky enough to get them on a Sony spindle, most Sony discs aren't TY. You can get Verbatim at Office Max, you just missed getting 100 packs for $20, it ended yesterday, Best Buy used to have them too, I don't know if they still do. The lower the speed of discs the better in standalone recorders. You can get 8x TY or Verbatim online, I doubt you'll find anything under 16x in stores. When buying Verbatim in stores, look for made in Taiwan, not India, on the label.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us