How to update your receive the easy way

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1790
To save alot of time I thought I would post a few suggestions of what you should do before or during the updating process every time you upload a new bin in your receiver.

I do this each time and never have any data loss I just do it this way, in this order, and watch tv seconds after putting the new bin in my receiver not after fighting my receiver for hours or day's.

#1 BEFORE you disconnect your receiver from the TV make a note of ALL antenna settings for every Satellite you can receive. You could do this ANYTIME so its done. I have it all in nice text DOC in my computer.

#2 Download the new bin from the "home" forum for your receiver. Never pay for free info. Unzip the file and place it inside a folder on your computer named "new bin 12-03-09 or whatever the date is.

#3 Go to Viewsatusa.com or wherever on the nett you can get one and get a FRESH UPDATED copy of the satfile. Place this file inside that folder you made today.

#5 Use the Loader Program or USB drive to copy the channnel list FROM your receiver to the computer. Place that file indise the folder you made today.

#6 Use the loader Program or USB drive to install the new bin, satfile, and Channel List from the folder you made today.

#8 Connect your receiver back to TV, LNB and whatever else you normaly do.

#9 Using you notes make sure all settings are the same as before in each satallite you can receive in antenna settings.

#10 Turn it to a sat and if need be let it autoroll. Sometimes this step takes 3 min sometimes 10. If you interrupt it by changing channels it will take longer so just let it roll.

#11 Watch tv. Be thankfull it works.

#12 After using the receiver for a while go to the "home" forum for you receiver and report any Bug's or thank the coders for their hard work.

Yes their are a few extra steps here than what some people will say do they do but when these steps are done they save ALOT of time and energy fixing trouble after a data loss. I have 17 sat's scanned with 2700 channels it would take me about 5 hours to get everything back the way I like it. I am sure others will jump here and say stuff like "I never do all that and I never have troube" That is fine I am just saying if you do this you will not have trouble due to data loss or settings being wrong. It takes me about 5 min to do this each time so its not a big deal.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1797
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1806
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us