Viewsat OR pansat???????

Bronze Member
Username: Snw7619

Bahamas

Post Number: 77
i gonna through 2700 clone in the bush whats better viewsat plat. or pansat 3500??

Silver Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 609
pansat put it on pan and fry it up...
buy viewsat ultra....beter choice.

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 174
look into nfusion I'm about to jump on that wagon. other than that go with a VS.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 497
I give you the mailing address of the bush when ever you're ready. :-)

The newer Pansats seem to be the way to go from what I hear. I'm happy with my Conaxsat Duo though and it's worth a look.

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
don't listen to abby ... u know what happend to ur old pansat... don't buy a new pansat b.c those looser won't support old pansat etc.. so this should me message for compnaies like pansat.. if u dont't support old mode fu*c*you..

Bronze Member
Username: Jagr1234

Post Number: 48
ill take it

Silver Member

Post Number: 611
take what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
the pansat shes tossing out

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 500
Att. (EURO/ECM666) coming soon !!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Yakovaki

Post Number: 53
well the thing is that pansat is supporting from 2700a up...the rest belong in a museum and should be upgraded.

i hear pansat has gotten better over the past year

i use viewsat now and im gonna start testing DVB (satellite on the pc with a card) i have tested the following with my comments and ratings:

VIEWSAT

7/10 Viewsat Platinum/Lite - good but almost same price as Xtreme and the Xtreme is faster

8/10 Viewsat Xtreme - good box but like the Platinum/Lite it requires a serial cable to update

10/10 Viewsat Ultra - probably the most impressive box out there and is only $155(CAD) can be updated with USB stick and is super fast

3/10 Viewsat PVR 7000 - very out of date...costs too damn much and requires you to get an internal harddrive to use PVR stuff (fixes come way after the other viewsats)

9/10 Viewsat Pro - just like Ultra but a lil faster and you can use an external hdd to make it PVR (gets a 9/10 because the fixes are a lil slower)

10/10 Viewsat 9000HD w/ module - amazing box with module put in it costs $450 and $180 (or less for both) - has pvr and everything you need with harddrive and HD channels are amazing!!! (requires hd tv)

PANSAT

0/10 Pansat 2500A - lets face it...its way out of date and belongs in a museum if you are testing this box you dont know what you are missing (may work after a few headaches and conversions)

6/10 Pansat 2700A - works great...similar to platinum lite i would say...but it really annoys me that the guide is not as good and that it doesnt tell you what sat you are aimed at on the antenna settings

7/10 Pansat 3500SD - not a bad box...similar to 2700A but it can be updated with an SD card

COOLSATT

4/10 Coolsatt 5000 - works ok...need serial to update..pic quality is good but fixes are mostly very slow

3/10 Coolsatt 6000 - fixes are even slower than 5000 and you still need a serial cable

ARIZA

1/10 Ariza 700 - dont even know why im wasting my time talking about this junk...it is ancient and barely gets fixed...it is not worth the trouble and is slow!!!!

SONICVIEW

6/10 Sonicview 1000 - nice box but not worth the money...for a lil more u can get 4000 which can be updated via USB

9/10 Sonicview 4000 - just like Ultra...great box

10/10 Sonicview 8000 - great box like 9000 from VS but i would prefer the 9000 because of the faster updates most of the time (though it is out of beta faze unlike the VS9000)

CAPTIVEWORKS

5/10 Captiveworks 600S - great price....still need serial...fixes are slower than premium

8/10 Captiveworks 600SPremium - for something under $100(costs like 70$ or 80$) it does more than what you pay for...fixes are fast and the only reason it doesnt get a 10 is because it needs serial to update

PRICE LIST (at least what i get them for in CAD)

$120 Viewsat P/L
$135 Viewsat X
$155 Viewsat U
$175 Viewsat Pro
$300 Viewsat 7000PVR
$450 Viewsat HD
$180 Viewsat Module for HD

$ dont know but not worth shitt Pansat 2500A
$100 Pansat 2700A
$130 Pansat 3500SD

$100 Coolsatt 5000
$120 Coolsatt 6000

$50 (not worth shitt either) Ariza 700

$120 Sonicview 1000
$140 Sonicview 4000

$50 Captiveworks 600S
$70 Captiveworks 600S Premium

price ranges:

if you are looking for something under 100$ get the Captiveworks 600S premium!!!!

if you are looking for something around 150$ get the Viewsat Ultra

if you are looking for something under 200$ that does PVR get the PRO

if you are looking for HD go with Viewsat 9000HD or Sonicview 8000HD and the module (and harddrive if you want PVR)

hope this helps

enjoy

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1802
JB

Great job on the comparison their!

I have noticed another feature that the Viewsat's do that the Pansat's dont. They will ID the sat they are pointed at! really helps during install and every day use..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
thx...i mentioned the sat thing in the pansat 2700a thing....but i sohuld have added to the viewsat listings as well

yes that is really annoying that pansat does not do that...probably the difference in deciding if i was gonna buy a pansat or not (if they were the same as viewsat)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
ok...they have the 250SM that i have not tried but it has usb update and so does the hd model that they make

im not sure why they made the 2800a...it looks like a bad business decision to me...it needs serial port to update and is like the 2700a

Username: Djibo

Post Number: 1
Hi JB

It really an amazing job You've done since now. However, to be perfect, you have to tell us where can we find an authentic (not a cloned one) Viewsat Ultar (because it seems to be the best one) without paying more then 150 CAD$, and with free shipping to Montreal.

Actually, I'm looking in eBay but I'am scared of making a wrong decision ..

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
nice list. answers many questions. to bad they dont have a sticky spot here to save this. granted its just your opinion but a good list all the same

thanks

Username: Shawarma

Post Number: 3
in the comparison i would choose Captiveworks 600S Premium... less than $100, faster fix...i use my laptop(usb to serial cable) to update my plat.

Bronze Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 72
Amazing job JB. Very nice.

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1474
but with what it is going on . every 2 days we get down. i can tell all the boxes at this point are useless and are sh*it.

look at viewsat site now . it's weired it says there is a fix but dont carry it . how come other site have the fix for viewsat while viewsat totalfta dont have .
??????????????????????

Username: Nuno1975

Post Number: 4
hey JB good info but where are you getting these prices from?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1820
All of the receivers will always get the true FTA plenty of great "in the clear" channels.....

Bronze Member
Username: Alime_123

Afgh, Ghazni Afgh

Post Number: 42
Hi all
Ariza autoroll fix came out
Ariza700,750,800,700s
Hi guys here you go I hope you all enjoy a great weekend!
Here you go have fun! And Happy testing.
Posted here first only on www.FTATALK.Com
now i can see PPV Thank MINGO><OGNIM

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
yes fta tester you are correct...but i would rather watch true fta on a box that doesnt annoy me like the ariza does...it annoys me so much!! lol

ok well i go to get them in person and pay cash at this guy in toronto...check out globalelectronics.net if you are interested in his address...if you go and pay him cash he will give you a good deal im sure of it (as far as shipping...im not too sure on that one since i go in person)

good luck all

he has everything in that store and does not sell a clone if his life depended on it :P and since you are buying from a store you feel safer making the purchase
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us