USB to Serial

Silver Member
Username: Lolol

Post Number: 163
Ok, whenever I connect my receiver to my PC(desktop) the average downloading time for a bin to the recevier was about 1 to 2 minutes. But I hated disconnecting everything from TV, Satellite, DVD recorder and all that. So what I did was that I got a usb to serial adapter and now all I have to do is bring my laptop to the receiver instead of taking my receiver to the computer. But now when I download the bin using the adapter its takes anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to download the file on the receiver. Does anyone have any clue why it takes so long?

My operating system is windows VISTA on laptop and the adapter I am using is conpatible with vista so any help is appreciated. I don't mind waiting while its downloading but I am just curious to know if its normal while using usb to serial adapter or is there some other reason for the long downloading time.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1743
We have been hearing this alot with transfer rate being SLOW like that using a adapter and VISTA.....so seams the norm

just wondering were did you get the adaptor..was it the cheapest one it may be the cause

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
paid $25 from radio shack and It was doing it on XP aswell I just upgraded my computer with VISTA not too long ago!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1747
well ok had a user today with same adaptor with slow transfre rate so its just the way it is i guess

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
hmmm ......ok well thanks for you time anyways. As I said I don't mind waiting, I was just curious if anyone knew why it was doing that. We wait for bins to come out for days and sometimes a week so waiting for an extra half an hour doesn't hurt...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1749
so it was transfering faster with XP using the same adapter?

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
no It wasn't, it looks like whenever I use the adapter it makes it slow, if I only use the cable then it goes faster and everytime I use the adapter it makes the transfer slower

Gold Member

Post Number: 1750
oh ok so its the adapter then for sure thanks

Username: Amira

Post Number: 8
I have same "problem", it takes 15-30 min. to download from USB

Username: Dssbss

Post Number: 1
how i installed my rat shack adapter with vista
Right click on the exe on the install cd and click compatibility for windows xp sp1. I also clicked run as administrator and it installed and works
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us