What everone needs to know before getting the new Bin's.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1663
The new bin's for most receivers will most likely be released sometime today or this weekend. To save alot of time I thought I would post a few suggestions of what you should do before or during the updating process every time you upload a new bin in your receiver.

I do this each time and never have any data loss I just do it this way, in this order, and watch tv seconds after putting the new bin in my receiver not after fighting my receiver for hours or day's.

#1 BEFORE you disconnect your receiver from the TV make a note of ALL antenna settings for every Satellite you can receive. You could do this ANYTIME so its done. I have it all in nice text DOC in my computer.

#2 Download the new bin from the "home" forum for your receiver. Never pay for free info. Unzip the file and place it inside a folder on your computer named "new bin 12-03-09 or whatever the date is.

#3 Go to Viewsatusa.com or wherever on the nett you can get one and get a FRESH UPDATED copy of the satfile. Place this file inside that folder you made today.

#5 Use the Loader Program or USB drive to copy the channnel list FROM your receiver to the computer. Place that file indise the folder you made today.

#6 Use the loader Program or USB drive to install the new bin, satfile, and Channel List from the folder you made today.

#8 Connect your receiver back to TV, LNB and whatever else you normaly do.

#9 Using you notes make sure all settings are the same as before in each satallite you can receive in antenna settings.

#10 Turn it to a sat and if need be let it autoroll. Sometimes this step takes 3 min sometimes 10. If you interrupt it by changing channels it will take longer so just let it roll.

#11 Watch tv. Be thankfull it works.

#12 After using the receiver for a while go to the "home" forum for you receiver and report any Bug's or thank the coders for their hard work.

Yes their are a few extra steps here than what some people will say do they do but when these steps are done they save ALOT of time and energy fixing trouble after a data loss. I have 17 sat's scanned with 2700 channels it would take me about 5 hours to get everything back the way I like it. I am sure others will jump here and say stuff like "I never do all that and I never have troube" That is fine I am just saying if you do this you will not have trouble due to data loss or settings being wrong. It takes me about 5 min to do this each time so its not a big deal.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 108
Thanks excellent info for all newbies

Gold Member

Post Number: 1672
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1675
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Opie

DEEP SOUTH

Post Number: 15
Good info. And yes, ALWAYS FLASH WITH THE "OEM" BIN FILE BEFORE FLASHING WITH A NEW BIN!!!

Eliminates the need for future JTAG!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1676
Yes please all do this.

UploadThis is universal for all receivers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1687
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1695
bump

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 113
Ok fta tester how do I transfer files from my reciever to my memory stick.

Silver Member
Username: Mclinkus

Post Number: 118
they are here

buzz
[link removed]

captive works
[link removed]

conaxsat
[link removed]

fortec ultra
[link removed]

nfusion
[link removed]

pansat
[link removed]

sonicview
[link removed]

viewsat
[link removed]

[link removed]

we have what you need

come and get them. ask questions get answers

we are there to help you watch tv.
[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 1701
Scary to get any files from non trusted sites. We have been fighting this troll spammer all day please only use the trusted sites listed below.

The sites they push have no information not found in the safe recommended

forums.

Alway's try the "home" sites for your receiver FIRST the newest bin's and info will always

be their first! Never Pay for information from sites its alway's FREE at forum's listed

below!

Total FTA-Viewsat HOME SITE:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)

DSS Newbies:
[link removed]

Ariza
[link removed]

CaptiveWorks
[link removed]

FTA
[link removed](Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)

[link removed]
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm ( unofficial DN channel list )

Username: Thill1591

Post Number: 1
im watching tv now from fta view dot com on viewsat

Gold Member

Post Number: 1722
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us