CoolS*t 6000 Box Turns off

Username: Owlburt

Post Number: 8
I have 4 lines coming from 2 different dishes. One line each to each line going into the house. The CoolS*t 6000 box that works fine on one line but when I put it on the other line it shuts off as soon as I turn it on. It's wierd. Dont know why. Any ideas?

Post Number: 10
BTW. the signal says it's bad. will that affect the anything? Will the box turn itself off if the signal is bad?

Bronze Member
Username: Extremex

Post Number: 36
Sounds like a possible short in the coax line.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Would a short make the box turn off and on? Should I rerun the line? Please let me know. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1664
bob,

Is this a new problem that started after you installed a new bin?

Tell us what you were doing when first noticed this problem.

Silver Member
Username: Mrcharley

Port norris, N.j. U.s.a.

Post Number: 101
End of coolshat 4,5&6000?????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I thought you might want to read this. I found this on another site. Not sure if it is true or not but here it is.
C&P from another site.

COOLShAT 4000 / 5000 / 6000 Support is soon to be Finished

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is off the OFFICIAL COOLShAT USA WEBSITE ..

We will not be honoring warranties for Coolshat 6000 on end-user purchases with receipts dated after October 31st 2007. The Coolshat 6000 is a discontinued model and there is a prevalent problem with clone units on the internet. All authorized dealers should stop selling Coolshat 6000 after October 31st 2007. For more information email sales@coolshatusa .com. This policy also affects our previous models Coolshat 4000 and Coolshat 5000.

This is the Reason why you DO NOT SEE BINS coming out for these 3 model coolshats ..

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Yes, a short would cause the box to turn off and on because of the current draw.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
FTA Tester. This has had bin 155 since it first came out. It works fine on the other line but it shuts off on this line. I havent loaded a new bin since then.

Not Today. Does this mean I need to ground the coax cable? We have been using this line for months now and no problem until yesterday. This line was orginally put in by the cable company. If like a dog chewed on the line (I am not sure if this happened or not) but if a dog chewed on the line would it cause it to short?

Thanks again for all your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Any damage to the cable could cause a short. I would try to run a new cable just to see. No need to get fancy, just string it from your dish/switch to your box to see if that solves the problem.

Normally a grounding issue wont cause the powering off issue.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Another thing you can try is 2 switch the to lines at the switch/dish and see if the problem stays at the current location or migrates to the other location.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us