Help with Pansat 2700 for a newbie

Username: Timbob

Post Number: 1
OK. So I had my new system setup in October and with the help of my friends, got my system to work (was a Pansat 2500 and it was converted to a 2700). Now that I need to update/upgrade my bin, I'm stuck. Basically it begins the download process (I see the B-7-5 scroll across my display a couple of times) and then I get the message on my computer that it fails. What's going on here? Could someone more experienced please give me some advice?

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1369
hit download on loader when u turn on rear switch and see the first light.may take u several tries but be persistent.also what cable are u using.u need the rs232 straight db9 cable.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5763
Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions and latest Chancy 226 lightning file included.

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

However, since yesterday there is a new ECM and we will have to wait till we get a new 227 Lightning BIN from Chancy or a jvvh BIN 227 from Leafs.

Username: Timbob

Post Number: 2
Thanks to the both of you. BTW, even when I tried downloading my previous bin file from last October, I got a failure message from that.

RTAP: I am hitting download when I turn on the rear switch...I've done it several times, but I kept getting the same message on my computer. The cable I'm using is a USB to female rs232 then a male to male rs232...unfortunately, my computer only has USB ports, while my box only has rs232.

Nalin: You seem to have most of the answers. I'm sorry, but what is a Chancy 226 lightning, ECM and the Leafs? Sorry, but I am a newbie. I went to future-fta and got my 2700A bin from there as I was told to only use 2700 bin's for my converted system. I'm also using the GTROM loader v3.32 to upload it? Also do I need to follow your instructions everytime a have to update my bin or just now. Like I said, a couple of months ago we just used GTROM loader v3.32 with a jvvh_...bin and it worked.

Thanks again to the both of you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us