HELP - missing tp 12399 & 12486

Username: Jacquesschitz

Post Number: 2
I appreciate any help with this. My quality is constant at about 80 on all tps however the signal goes from 100 to zero on ever other tp. I have the channels but no signal. Unfortunatly most of the channels I watch are on 12399 where the quality is zero. thanks for any help in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Pk4ever

Alta loma, Ca U.s.

Post Number: 19
On what? 110 or 119? make sure everything is plum on dish mounts and that the transponders are not on 110 and in a spotbeam. If you moved out of state or something you might not be able to pick up those any longer.

Post Number: 3
On 119. I haven't moved or anything but it seems like whenever we are in between bins I am able to pick up the signal. It's when I load the new bins I seem to lose the signal. What i find odd is that the signal quality is either 100 or zero on each tp.

Bronze Member

Alta loma, Ca U.s.

Post Number: 20
Hmm that is odd, I never ran across that type of situation. Did you use to receive the channels at one point or never since the dish has been up?

Bronze Member

Alta loma, Ca U.s.

Post Number: 21
I also know that when I re-scan for channels on a cnx duo that if you dont scan the sat's in the right sequence, (east to west) i believe that it will pick up 119 twice on several transponders and I will find certain channels that have 2 of everything. After I re checked the pointing angles and made sure dish mounts were plum, I re scanned and got all my lost channels back, although scrambled at times.

Post Number: 5
I was getting them all until they started changing the bins every other week or so and I still get them when we are between fixes so I tend to think it's not the dish itself.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1618
Not a odd problem at all. We have been seeing this all week here. Very common with these newest bin's. What is usually happing is a setting or two changed in your antenna settings when you updated to the newest bin..

What is your set up? Receiver is? Antenna is? Switch's and how they are used are?

I also have never seen were the order you scan the sat's made any difference in the receiver being able to scan a satellite. I always do 119 then 91 then 121 then 148 then 81 then 97 then 118 then whatever else I want to..I never miss transponders and yes I check every time.

Upload

Post Number: 6
I am relatively new to this so I don't know if i have all the answers to your questions. I have a vs extreme and two vs lites. I have 2 dishes, one pointing to 61 and the other to 110 and 119. The signal is being routed thru a DP34 switch. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
ok cool
I am thinking now after reading your thread it may be your switch.....lets experiment some.....go turn off every receiver but one. Make it one you have been seeing this problem with and tell me if it works with other receivers off.

Post Number: 8
actually i can't do that right now cause i am at work but i am having the issue with all the receivers not just one. I will try your suggestion when I get home to see if it works. thanks for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1624
I am thinking one receiver is controlling the switch for all 3...when you get back home we will try to get it back going with ya..

Upload

Post Number: 9
FTA TESTER - Thank you! I must say you know your stuff. I just had to turn one receiver off and I got full signal on the others. It doesn't matter which one I turn off I just need to have one off at all times I guess. Thanks again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1645
cool glad it worked...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us