Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5651
reach honey
Bronze Member
Username: Reach_honey

Post Number: 65

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 04:19 pm:

I'm in the same boat except. I only have one DN receiver and one Viewsat.DISH network guys installed Dish on my roof. Both dish has two LNB's. On one Dish it is using 110 and 119 and second is only using 148(Other one is empty).
Cable from each Dish goes to another one and one cable comes out from each dish. That goes into DISH prvided Switch(as two inputs) which will bring one output and it goes to utility box outside of my house.
Then Dish from inside hom used another switch to hook up my 2 bedrooms. So from wall I get one cable which goes into Switch again and it has 2 out puts. One output goes into receiver as 1st Dish and other goes as 2nd Dish.

So I;'m also looking at solution....
Nalin any help

** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** --
Nalin Nyda
Gold Member

Post Number: 5609

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 05:14 pm:

reach honey: You said "Cable from each Dish goes to another one and one cable comes out from each dish."
Did you mean to say that the cable from the Dish with 148w goes into the other dish and then the two cables of the 119/110 Dish go to a switch?
Please be a little more precise.
** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** -- ** --
reach honey
Bronze Member

Post Number: 66

Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 12:34 am:

Nalin,
One cable from 148 goes into 110/119 that bein said so one cable from 110/119 and one cable from 148 comes out.Which goes into a some switch and then one cable comes out from that switch.
Hope it clears your doubt...

Username: Redrum1

The famous hotel

Post Number: 8
and the purpose of starting this thread is?????????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 5652
reach honey:
From your description it seems you have dpPlus LNBF. It will be written on the LNBf.
This would have "two eyes", and at the output it will have two outputs on one side and one input on the other side. The two outputs have two wires going out to the switch.
Your second dish seems to have a dual LNB, one output going to the dpPlus LNBF and the other output going to the switch.

Please reply to confirm or modify.

Bronze Member
Username: Redrum1

The famous hotel

Post Number: 11
wait a minute shes in the bathroom.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
YES you are 100% correct.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5681
I presume you meant the LNBF and not the bathroom.

First thing to do is that the second cable from the 148W to the switch should be left out. Leave the one going into the main Superdish.

Then go into the antenna setup and try and figure out the settings for the three sats. You will have to figure out the LNB settings etc.
I will post again, but in the meantime fiddle around with the Antenna settings and post again with that info.

Read about the DPP Twin at
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/twin.htm#dp
and look at the three urls.
* Installation guide, features, limitations: http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=1032

It might look complicated, but you will at least appreciate the need for me and others here of having the right information.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Nalin,
I avoid person like REDRUN and do not answer them or reply them because (I hate to say these part but still....)these are those persons whose mother's are whore and they behave in pyschic manner.
You are doing excellent JOB and keep doing it.Don;t try to reply or avoid those JERKS.

Going back to topic of dicussion.
Its is exactly as been mention in the dpptwin.pdf file.
one cable from 200 goes to DP PLUS 500 Dish and one from that 500 dish one cable comes out and it goes into my outside utility box.From inside room , from the wall outlet it goes into DP separator and from there 2 cable goes into Dish receiver.
So I'm using DISE switch where I can switch off one receiver and use another one(So i don't end every time changing cables) but from last week Dish Receiver does not work. It is looses signal and so I still have to change input cable manually from one receiver to another.
That is what pisses me off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5693
Did you write down the settings from the time when everything was working?
The settings would probably be

LNB Type - DishPro
DISeqC Settings:
119W = 1 (Echo 7)
110W = 2 (Echo 6,8)
148W = 3 (Echo 1, 2)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Yes Those are
LNB TYPE OCS DP
119W =1(Echo 7)
110W =2(Echo 8,10)
148W =3(Echo 1,2)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
and also i'm missing lot of PPV's.Right now I'm only getting 3 PPV's. I think that might be because of them moved to 118.7W.I do not have that satellite listed under my Viewsat so guess need to download SAT file from ftabins and then do again Blind Scan.
Let me know if I'm wrong....

Bronze Member
Username: Jack_meoff

Post Number: 13
PPVs weren't moved. Something else is wrong. Check your quality levels on the various transponders and make sure you are getting a signal lock.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5724
reach honey: First the general guidlines.
There are lot of incompatibilities between DPP and FTAs.
DO NOT USE VIEWSAT WITHOUT THE DN RECEIVER BEING CONNECTED AND ON.

In antenna settings, turn off all sats except 148W and scan it. Make sure you got the 148W channels.
Disconnect it in the antenna settings and do the same on another sat, and so on.
See if everything comes in.

Also note that there is another ECM on DN and BEv this afternoon. You may want to wait for new BINs and start all over again then.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
So you mean it should always be connected to Switch while watching DN. Wow I did not know that. I'm sucking removing DN while watching Viewsat since last 5 months.
Man oh Man. So should I now be ready for DN raid on my house

Gold Member

Post Number: 5729
It is nothing to do with DN. The system - superdish DPP, etc have a power draw that some FTAs are not able to supply properly. It results in erratic reception, and at its very worst, possibility of damage to the FTA receiver is to be considered.
By keeping the DN receiver on , you are supplying better power.
Since you have one DN receiver already, it seems the easiest way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us