Dreambox 500S

Bronze Member
Username: Imars99

BRAMPTON, ONT CANADA

Post Number: 24
Anybody can give me feedback on this box? I want to buy one.

Silver Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 496
What u want to know...

if it's are they easy to setup.. Well depends on what U consider easy... Just like all the other stb's out there U need flash it with SW but unlike the korean crap the SW is not locked down to one source..... there are many different images you can run... just like there are many different EMU's you can install for it.. If you into this hobby for just watching TV then the dreambox not for U if U like to hack and slash then it a great box to play with.. U can connect it up to a wireless router and stream movies from the net to the dreambox or from the dreambox to the net..... or whatever...U can setup a PVR via the network connection... most images come with a port 80 host install "http" so if connected to the net you can run like a little web site right on the dreambox.... theres all kinds of crap u can do with it...far as overall operation goes it has a great picture kinda funky with using switches you need to rock channels a lot to go from one sat to another... the best thing to do is search google and read and read.... because there are other linux based system just as good if not better..

but unlike most of the korean pieces of crap when the "this is the one" mecm comes down the stream U will have many other option to stay in the game and squash that black screen of death...

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1494
Dream box forum's I found and I am getting one soon..HE is right the things you can do with that box are a tech's dream!

http://www.ftalinux.com/phpBB2/

http://www.dbfn.tv/forum/index.php

Bronze Member
Username: Imars99

BRAMPTON, ONT CANADA

Post Number: 25
Thanks Everybody.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1510
It does sound like a fun box I cant wait to get mine!

Username: Redrum1

The famous hotel

Post Number: 1
fta tester is an idiot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1516
That from a user that has posted a total of 1 time.

Username: Redrum1

The famous hotel

Post Number: 4
now i have more than one idiot.this comming from a guy who knows nothing about fta.the funny thing no one sees he gets all his info from google.lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 1523
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Bjalt

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 94
What is the consensus on the standard def box with the best picture?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us