Channel list echo119

Bronze Member
Username: Chip_la

Post Number: 25
I have been reading a lot about channel lists. What is it ,how do I get it ,how do I load it' what will it do for my system?
Thanks
Chip

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1412
Ok A channel list is simply a file someone made by scanning a satellite, modifying the list some ( mabee) and posting it as a list.

The trouble you can run into is all the channels that can be on a channel list that you can not receive from your area and all the channels you can receive but, are not included in the list. DN is always moving channels, adding new one, stuff like that too and you would miss some their as well.

It is best to just simply scan the sat you want with your receiver. If you want to modify your channels on your receiver fine their are easy way's to do that. Channel master is one popular program for viewsat's their is a program avalible for free at viewsatusa.com that you can use. Channle master is not viewsat friendly.

So in short its just were someone scanned a sat and that is the channles that were on that sat at that time..

Username: Eelz

Post Number: 2
OK here is my question on Channel Lists / Scanning.
I have a VS Ultra and testing B3V. When I first hooked it up I did a scan, I got a bunch of channels but were missing about 1/3 of them. I also have a VS Platinum so have good idea what should and should not be there. Then I tried scanning again now I have duplicates of the same channels which is a pain in @ss when using the guide etc.

Two questions: How do I just erase all my channels, start from scratch and scan a new list. AND how do I scan or get aDownload of a full B3V channel list?

Thanks in advance!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us