A little help, please... (re: Bins)

Username: Captainkangaroolives

Post Number: 2
Okay, I realize practically everything is down and we're all awaiting a new bin file to be released, possibly sometime today. My question is, how does one download these things and utilize them? Usually we have a friend of the family do this for us, but he's about as reliable as the weather nowadays. I've seen him download this stuff to our receive from his laptop, but I don't know just what he uses to hook the said laptop up to the receiver to utilize the files.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1303
What is your receiver?

Post Number: 3
I have a ViewStat receiver, if I'm not mistaken. Still no bin released, but I want to gear up for the release. Wondering what kind of hookup, program, whatever I need to download the bin and utilize it on my receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Way2smart

CANADAModerator

Post Number: 270
if u have a usb stick then nothing needed other then the bin
But if ur doing it with the serial RS232 then u need the Viewsat loader

Which Reciver is it Viewsat ___________, ultra etc..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
No big deal its easy

Ok lets start with hardware

Do you have the cord that is used to connect the receiver to a computer? Does your computer have the correct port?

Post Number: 4
I'm not 100% but I want to say I have a Forte Lifetime Ultra, but I could be wrong. The actual receiver itself is a ViewStat 2000. God, this is so frustrating. I don't know what in the world I'm doing and the so-called family friend who usually helps us is MIA. Does anybody know what channels are actually working right now? Maybe I won't need this fix tonight after all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1316
Al,

Sorry I had some stuff I had to do.

You will have to be sure 100% what receiver you have before we can even start trying to help you.

Clue #1 What does the receiver look like? are their any markings on it like a name like viewsat platinum ?

Bronze Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 36
TFT anything on view sat??? i see sonic view has new bin's at totalfta
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us