Need help using 2 receivers

Bronze Member
Username: Pike_376

Post Number: 36
This is not about bins I know they are not out yet I need help with something else.

I have 2 pansat 2500a converted to 2700. I have a dishnetwork dish with 2 dual lnbs. One is for echostar 7(119west) and one is for echostar 8.10(110west). I have 2 coax cables coming from each lnb, one from 110 is going to a splitter and one from 119 to the same splitter. Then I have a seperate splitter with the same setup--one coming from each lnb. Then I have a coax from one splitter to one receiver and from another splitter to a seperate receiver. I have the same kind of splitters for both receivers, both brand new. I get both satellites echostar 7(119) and echostar 8.10(110) on my downstairs receiver. Now i go upstairs, and I only get echostar 8.10(110). It is saying no signal for echostar 7(119). Now if I change the channel downstairs off of echostar 8.10(110) to a channel on echostar 7(119) it wipes me completely out upstairs and I get nothing on either satellite. What am I doing wrong. If you have a picture showing the setup that would be great. Thank you anyone that has some help.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1284
Ok I will start off with this...

The best set up for FTA is a 31" dish, Motor, and proper lnb for DBS ( dn-bev ) and true FTA ( QTH-031 ).....

Their are 31 sat's out their with programing on them with over 2500 channels you can get with a clear sky and that set up......

Cost is around $150 and set up is very easey most times easer than all the switching required with using 2 dishes to just get a few sat's...

Now that being said ...I feel its best not to mix a working DN receiver with fta the 2 do not play good together..

what is your dish's ? and lnb's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I am not using a working DN receiver at all. I am using two pansat 2500 converted to 2700. I am just using the actual dish. My dish is a dish 500 and Dn dual lnbs- two lnbs with two coax hookups. One lnb says 110w and the other says 119w

Silver Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 389
again fta tester.. what is FTA ( QTH-031 ).....
is it some kind of reciever...... i asked u that question yesterday.. can we watch international channels on it (means right now when there is black out),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5510
"2 dual lnbs...I have 2 coax cables coming from each lnb,"
One cable from LNB No. 1 and one from LNB No2 should go to a 4 to 1 disEqC No 1- input ports 1 and 2
The other cable from LNB No. 1 and the other one from LNB No2 should go to a 4 to 1 disEqC No 2-input ports 1 and 2.
The output of disEqC No 1 should go to one receiver and the output of disEqC No 2 should go to the other receiver. The DN receiver should always be on, even if you are not using it.

Software settings: Try using port settings 1 and 2 in the software - 1 for 119W and 2 for 110W.
Try also using "None" for 110w or for 119W.

If all this fails, use a DP34, and put the DN receiver on Output port No 1 and the other to output port 2. Keep the DN receive always on to supply power. Take notice of software settings described above.

http://www.microyal.com/dp-34a-instal-istrn.jpg

Gold Member

Post Number: 1285
ok on that dish 500 do you have each receiver connnected to it?

......you will not need a ditect switch with a dish 500 to connect 2 receivers to it if you use a switch one receiver will controll the lnb and the other one will be lost sounds like that is what happening here ...it has one built in..the 2 outputs on that lnb are for 2 receiver NOT one for 110 and one for 119

Gold Member

Post Number: 5511
The reason I have recommended DiseqC initially is that if ever you want to add a third sat, you will be better off with the DisEqC setup recommended.

If you are more likely to add a third receiver, then go the DP34 route, and even consider using a separate powering of port 1 output of the switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1286
sada qth-031 ( google it ) is a LNB it has circular ( for DN-BEV ) and liner ( for true FTA ) and yes all the international channels are in the clear at all times....

http://www.ftalist.com/master.htmUpload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Nalin I am not using a dn receiver at all both of my receivers are pansat 2500 converted to 2700 no dn reveiver at all. as far as the first part of your message with the 2lnbs that is exactly how mine are set up. I am using the 4 to 1 disEqC No1 and No2 just like you say and I have the coax set up just like you say. The only thing is I dont have a dn receiver. Am I supposed to?
When you say software settings I am not following where is this software setting and how do I get to it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1287
nalin lets just get this set up working for him for now..IF later he wants to add another receiver hopefully he will be ready to set up a real dish..no switch is needed right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
FTA TESTER I understand that the two outputs on each lnb is for two receivers. I have two lnbs on my satellite. Both lnbs have 2 coaxial outputs. One lnb is for 110 and one for 119. I have 2 coax coming out of the lnb for 110-one going to one disEqc (4x1)port 1 and one going to a seperate disEqc(4x1)port 1- then I have two coax coming out of the lnb for 119-one going to port 2 on the first disEqc and one going to port 2 on the second disEqc and then I have a seperate coax in the receiver output of the 1st disEqc going to one pansat converted 2700. and I have another coax in the receiver output of the 2nd disEqc to a seperate pansat converted 2700. Am I explaining it right now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I hope my wording isnt confusing anyone. I am not trying to confuse or offend anyone at all I just need some help. I dont know how to get to the software area that Nalin is talking about....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
ok so the switching sounds right...what are the lnb's? brand, modle name or whatever you know...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5513
josh becham: DN LNBs are power hungry.
A 2 dual setup with two disEqC should work in the type of installation you have and often does not, particularly with DN LNBs.
African - Username:kirankumar had a lot of tears lately and got relief after installing DP34. You could PM him or alert him wherever he is posting. A DP34 has four output ports; therefore, output port 1 could be dedicated to powering the DP34 and the LNBs, either with an old DN receiver or a proper power supply. Two FTA receivers ON all th etime are supposed to be good enough - it is a matter of trial and error, and chancing a dead capacitator particulalry if using Pansat 3500.
I had one "client" here who complained that the receiver in the bedroom stopped working "around 11.00 pm, when all that was happening was that somebody in the living room stopped watching and switched off the living room receiver!! I am alerting you ahead of time because of erratic problems that occur.
Best ofluck and happy viewing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
Nalin is taking about the settings for your lnb stuff in the antenna settings menu of your receiver

so each receiver goes like this....out from receiver to a switch--out port 1 from switch to a lnb pointed at 110 and port 2 going a port pointing at 119.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
NALIN NYDA-what is a DP34 and where can I get one. IF that is all it takes then I will get it.-Thank you for the help.

FTA TESTER-all I know is that they are dishnetwork dual lnbs there is no model number that I can see on them at all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
FTA TESTER yes that is exactly right for the setup. That is how I have it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1291
Oh and by the way what you are trying to do is without a doubt the hardest way to set up 2 receivers....their are better way's

Here I have a dish 500 working fine in the bedroom receiver that gets 110 and 119. Then I have a receiver in tv room with its own dish-motor set up....it receives 2500 channels from over 15 sat's by far the better set up. Cost me 60 bucks..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
FTA TESTER for the settings in the antenna setup are you ta;lking about the disEqc I have exhostar 7 on #1 and echostar 8.10 on #2 which is correct isnt it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
ok on the dish's themselves is their anything on them?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
So basically all I have to do is get another satellite and use one sat for each receiver?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5514
josh becham : I had the DP34 diagram before for you.

http://www.microyal.com/dp-34a-instal-istrn.jpg

Also I notice that "African" is posting ina thread you were asking questions in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
The problem is only have one dish and it is a dn500

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 258
LOL

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Post Number: 152
Guys,
Nalin and Nalin Bin nadia r 2 different people.Nalin is an inteligent person where as Nalin Bin Nadia is a frustrated transvastite born to a Hooker somewhere in the slums,all IT knows is the slum language of cursing.so people do yourselves s favor and don't respond to any comments that IT makes,because you guys will be wasting your inteligence on IT

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
sorry i seen the dp34 diagram I will save it. I will check the other postings also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
AFRICAN--can u read through this thread and tell me if there is anything I can do to fix my problem. SO far what they are telling me is that I have everything set up right, I just am not getting it fixed. Do I need to get a second satellite or is there a switch or something else that I can buy to fix the problem? I have no problem going out and buying something. I mean you have to be willing to spend money to get what you need and I am. I just need to know what the best thing to get is.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
all i need to know is what to buy to fix it another satellite or a switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 1295
Ok Josh you have it all connected wrong then

the dish 500 does not connect the way you have it.

connect it like this:

from receiver one to the lnb on the antenna.
from receiver two to the lnb on the antenna.
NO ditect switch is needed. Their is one inside the dish 500 LNB.

What is going on now is one reveiver in controlling the LNB inside the LNB for both of them that is why you lose channels on one and not the other..

Go change the set up to from both receiver's to LNB and pose here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1296
is it this one?

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 259
how can it be , when he states he has two dual lnb's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I have 2 lnbs on one satellite. One lnb is for 110 and one for 119 how can i run two coax out of one satelite to two different lnbs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
The satellite is correct and the lnbs are like that but they are seperate not as one like shown in the picture

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
i am still thinking its a lnb problem

explain as best as you can what your dish looks like, and what parts list everything written on the lnb's, dish, are used to make it....including did you home brew the dual lnb \'s on it? did it come from the factory that way? can you take a pic of it for me to see it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
where do you get the picture from a website post the link and I will go there and find the picture of the exact satellite

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
give me a few gonna get some pics of sat for you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
I just googled dish 500

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
here are some pics if u need better let me know and I will get a ladder and get better oneshave to post one at a time there are 4 total

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
okay heres another this is on the side of the lnbsUpload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
one more of the front side of lnbsUpload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1301
ok those are not dish 500 lnb as far as I can tell from here.
The way you have it should be correct. It may be just your receivers having trouble with the switch. I have a pansat 3500 that has trouble with dictc switches as well. I changed it to a viewsat it has no problem..

You might have a bad ditick switch...do you have another one? might try changing the switches..

all those switches nalin was talking about are not needed for that system as far as I can see..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
hope those help
now do u see what i mean about 2 dual lnbs and on the lnb on the left it says 110west the right one says 119west so there are four total coax hookups two for each lnb (2 for 110 and 2 for 119) so there is a coax from each lnb to a 4x1 disEqc and then another coax from each lnb to a seperate 2nd 4x1 disEqc and then from the first disEqc I have coax running to one pansat receiver. and from the second DisEqc i have a coax running to the second pansat receiver. I am sure it is hooked up right I just dont understand why one receiver gets both echostar 7(119) and echostar 8.10(110) and the other receiver only gets 8.10(110). but if the receiver that gets both is pulling from echostar 7(119) then the second receiver completely blacks out with no signal at all. Why does this not make sense?????????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Okay so do I need to get another satellite and hook one receiver to each satellite? I know that both sats will have to have a dual lnb

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
I have bought all new switches and all new cables thinking that was the problem and no matter what it doesnt fix my problem. So what do i need another satellite is probably the easiest fix isnt it????

Gold Member

Post Number: 1305
yes I would do this if I was you...like I did here

Leave the dish you have their and use it in the bedroom or were ever youdo not watch tv the most..

Go get a motorized dish for the main receiver-tv like this..
It is easy to set up I am redoing mine today with a new 31" antenna I have had all this time a modified old Direct tv dish working fine but, its time to upgrade it...

Mine is mounted to a pole in the yard it is easer to get to for adjustments..

The best set up for FTA is a 31" dish, Motor, and proper lnb for DBS ( dn-bev ) and true FTA ( QTH-031 ).....

Their are 31 sat's out their with programing on them with over 2500 channels you can get with a clear sky and that set up......

Cost is around $150 and set up is very easey most times easer than all the switching required with using 2 dishes to just get a few sat's...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5519
Two dual LNBs:
One LNB has two cables coming out.
The second LNB has two cables coming out.
Total four cables coming out of the area of the Dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Nalin Nyda that is what I have right now exactly what you typed

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
you are using 2 ditec switches right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
FTA TESTER yes I am using 2 ditec switches

I think I am going tomorrow and get another satellite to set up that will fix the problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1311
Ok cool josh

what is your budget for another antenna?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
probably about 100

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
Cool are you gonna set up a good one then to get ALL the sat's not just 2...? I get 15 here and 2500 channels the true FTA ones are neat

I can help ya find the stuff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us