ECM stage 4 alert is over 12/02/07

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 599
ECM stage 4 alert is over 12/02/07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMC's take Charlie time and MONEY to create. Charlie ownes one or more of EVERY FTA box and plastic method and probably even all DVB-PCI cards as well. They have to develop ECM's that not only knock out the FTA'ers, but ones that don't Knock out the payin customers... Not as easy a job as you would think. In fact, the latest ecm is just another variation on a theme from the map57 calls of last spring. There are very few things that Charlie can do at this point unless they do a complete card swapout. Keep in mind that the last swapout cost them millions and lasted literally 2 days before rumors of the 102 being raped were swirling. Charlie can not afford another swapout that is unsuccessful. So the ECM's are just minor annoyances that the coders have to disassemble and recode on their boxes to deal with. There is nothing that Charlie can do that the coders cant undo as long as the 102 stream is up (and from the rumors I have heard, the next swapout might not prove any more effective than the last one...) I just have to applaud the true FTA coders that work into the wee hours so that we can have tv without having to code the boxes ourselves.

ecm stage alert is over for all boxes. The coders have done it!!!! A fix is coming soon.

Bronze Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 61
The coders are bigger then US Steel.

Silver Member
Username: Dghumman

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 171
pannu do u know approximately when will the bins start comin, will they come for all receivers or just a few

Username: Lol

Post Number: 8
US Steel is made in China dude

Bronze Member
Username: Newbie777

Post Number: 20
where do you think the original DN receivers are made? :-)

Bronze Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 64
Bruce Lee where did you get that info.
I though Most was manufacture here in the USA
most in Indiana, Alabama, Michigan and Ohio.

Silver Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 429
Steel USA thin foil China

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 600
See i would tell u when bins start comin out if i was some psychic, buddy no one knows wen bins come out, not even coders coz they keep testing!! Now i ASSUME, i say ASSUMe,that bins will b out by evening or tomm mornin max!!}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us