Newbie really needs help: Dish Receiver Change Room NOT Working

Username: Feng_pan

Post Number: 1
The receiver (DishPro 311) currently is connected to the coax outlet in the living room. I wanted to move it to the bed room, but it didn't work. The receiver just couldn't get satellite signal, although I had switched the
cables on the attic. I also tried to move the receiver to the game room, still same issue.

Basically, there are 3 rooms, the receiver works only when connected to the living room. When it connects to the living room, I can watch the same channel in both bed room and game room, which means all the cables are good.
Just don't understand why the receiver just cann't get satellite signal.

The working setup is as the attached picture.

When I moved the diplexer and receiver from living room to bedroom, I also switched Cl and Cb in the attic. Anything I did wrong? Please HELP!!!

Thanks a lot.
--Feng

image/bmpUpload
dishnetwork.bmp (63.5 k)

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1954
ARE U SURE UR CABLES ARE GOOD IN THE OTHER ROOMS??
Did u use them before?

Post Number: 2
Yes, I'm 100% sure. For the setup in the picture, I can watch the same channel in all the 3 rooms.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1957
Well when u disconnect it in the attic, u sure u are connecting to the right cable? What I am getting at is... its a cabling issue. Has to be the cable...

Silver Member
Username: Space_invader

Andromeda M31

Post Number: 265
Please, indicate where is the problem...
Upload

Post Number: 3
There are only 4 cables in the attic, one goes to the dish on the roof, the other 3 are for living/bed/game rooms. I know which one is for which room. So I'm pretty sure I connected the right cable. But somehow, it's just not working for bed room and game room. I'm also suspecting it's a cabling issue, but just don't know what can be wrong here.

I'm able to watch TV in all the rooms when the receiver connects to living room, does that neccessarily mean all the cable are good ?

Post Number: 4
Wondering does the F connector make any difference? Living room had F connector originally. The dish technician installed the F connectors in both bed room and game room on the wall outlet, which are good to receive the TV signal when the receiver connects to living room. Does that mean the cables should also be good for connecting to the diplexer to the receiver ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us