SV2000 VCR model SVB 106 (by PHILIPS Consumer Electronics)

YOG
I am having problems with setting up this VCR. It seems to forget the chennel settings every few days.

First time it did set up. And did not work after about 15 days. I tried to reset it With a lot of struggle It worked - BINGO - Now its not playing again and I am clueless. Sometimes it does play sometimes it does not.

When I enter the VCR MENU - I can hear the sound of tape being played - but no picture.

The Owner's Manual is not very clear .. can you please sugggest me - what is the correct sequence to set this VCR up. I have a panasonic TV set. I just want to play VHS tapes.

Is there any support information available on the Philips website ? I am frustated with this product - please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
I have the SV2000 VCR. I have lost the owners manual. I need to set the VCR in Auxilary mode
in order to view a digital camcorder on the TV.

The remote does not have an auxilery button. How do I set the VCR into Auxilery mode?

Anonymous
Tune to Channel 001 or 000 to go to line 1 or line 2.

lina lin
i wuv this vcr it works grrrreate!=)

Anonymous
every time we play a tape in the vcr we have to clean the head before we can play another tape. Head cleaners do not wok we have to take it apart and clean it then it plays the next tape fine. What is the reason for this?

I have this VCR too, and I've lost the manuel. Can anyone tell me how to use the timer? Thank you.

Anonymous
i have a svb 106 sv2000 4 head hi-fi vcr, and i hooked it to my television but have an antenna and i cant seem to take the vcr off catv mode to view stations above 13. sincerely frustrated i also have a surround system hooked to it.and i can hear and see all channels up to 13! please help me. thank you!

Anonymous
i need a vcr model vr620cat21 manual but can't find one where do i go?

Splendors
Try www.servicemanuals.net for replacement manuals.

Anonymous
I have a SV2000 VCR and It wont eject because the arm is broke does anyone know where i can order one at online?

i have a sv2000 t.v. i have lost the reemote. can you tell me what codes to use on an all in one remote. this brand is not listed. thanks

Anonymous
You should be able to download a free manual here:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/mprdata/000829/0008290007_dfu.pdf

i have a sv2000 t.v. and the remote no longer works. can someone tell me what codes to use on an all in one remote because this brand is not listed. thanks

Help,
How do you adjust the tracking????(&&^^*$##)

Anonymous
POWER WANT STAY ON. IT WAS PLAYING FINE AND I TRYED TO REVERCE IT AND IT WENT DEAD.CAN YOU HELP?

I'VE LOST MY MANUEL, HOW DO YOU SET THE TRACKING. I AM GETTING SOUND BUT A DISTORED PICTURE

i have a sv2000 hi fi vhs and it records fine but i have no volume when i record can anyone tell me what is wrong

Anonymous
I have a SV2000 hi fi and it used to work just fine but now it only shows a blue screen when i turn the on power. It does this on every channel. And when i try to use auto channel it only goes up to 69 then stops and doesnt add any channels. Any help would be appreciated.

Please contact me, I need an owner's manual and am more than willing to pay for it.
Castelu@aol.com. Thanks so much!!!!

Hi. I too have an SV2000. I bought it for my friend and she never used it. It was however plugged into the ac power several months. Now I have it and it is entirely dead. I checked the fuse inside and was OK. I need some information before I go further. Thanks a bunch! Ivan

I have an sv2000 television and do not have the remote would someone please email me @jessicalynn225@yahoo.com to let me know which type of universal remote that will work with this type of television. Thanks and I look forward to your response.
Jessica

I have a sv2000 vcr, and I lost the manual. How do I start the timer to record? I dont see a button! Thank you Jack jmmoye@innet.com

Anonymous
I have a sv2000 television and I need a replacement remote control, but I can't seem to find any universal remotes to replace it. Does anyone know of any remotes I can use?

I have an sv2000 television and do not have the remote would someone please email me kylinda1954@aol.com to let me know which type of universal remote that will work with this type of television. Thanks and I look forward to your response.
Jessica

I have an sv2000 television and do not have the remote would someone please email me kylinda1954@aol.com to let me know which type of universal remote that will work with this type of television. Thanks and I look forward to your response

Moonlight137
Kimber, I know it's been six months, but that model has auto tracking. If I remember right, you can adjust it manually by pressing the channel buttons ON THE VCR (not the remote) while a tape is playing.

I have an SV2000 with out a remote or manual. I have an old Zenith universal remote that does not have a menu button. How do I get to the VCR's menu to adjust the inbut from antenna to cable?

i have this model vcr it records sound but no picture
has anyone else had this problem?

I have the SV2000 VCR. I have lost the owners manual. I need to set the VCR in Auxilary mode
in order to view a digital camcorder on the TV.

The remote does not have an auxilery button. How do I set the VCR into Auxilery mode?

Hi, I have an SV 2000, but when is about 15 minuts played take block, can somebody send me the electric manual for repare it, I´ll be expectin your answer, my e-mail is tiburon-cuba@msn.com, Boris.

to setup the sv2000 on a universal remote....use code 228.

Anonymous
Hey Mike solt...what is the model number of the universal remote you are using? This might let the rest of us use it as a cross reference to get ours working.

Anonymous
We have an older model Zenith without the original remote. The new universal remote we are using does not bring up a menu to set up the dvd. Any suggestions, please email us @ jnjmerced@aol.com.

Anonymous
Hey Mike Solt, I TRIED THE CODE 228 BUT IT DIDN'T WORK. WAS THAT FOR THE SV 2000 T.V OR WAS IT FOR THE VCR? AND WHAT UNIVERSAL REMOTE DID YOU USE?

The Net is worthless!!!! I lost my remote and I cant locate any cides to work with my RCA remote . Can ya help me

tell the world not to purchase this crap vcr....i have tried everything to get a universal remote to work....if philips would make it easy to find/purchase a lost remote they would do the word a favor.....i challange anyone to get a replacement remote...i dare ya ....i hate the worldaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!

For those of you needing codes for universal remotes to work, I have found Code 324 works on Philips Magnavox remotes, According to the manual, this code also works on some of the models from the following manufacturers: Aiwa, Curtis Mathis, Mutitech, Teknika, Dynatech, Emerson, Wards, Funai, White Westinghouse, Hitachi, Radio Shack/Realistic, Lloyd, Sharp, Signature, Memorex, Sylvania, Symphonic, Tandy, Teac, MTC. I believe the previously mentioned 228 Code was what my cable box remote used. -Larry

Alright guys, Here's a tricky one. I lost my remote and manual, DUHHH. How do I set the sv2000 vcr to record in any mode other than sp. I can only record 2 hourson an 8 hour tape. Please help.
-Dawn

Anonymous
I lIKE MY VCR,AND IT DOES GOOD
http://www.p4c.philips.com/mprdata/000829/0008290007_dfu.pdf

Unregistered guest
I had a power outage during a storm and now the VCR wont stay on any longer than 5-10 sec. then shuts off. It has a cassette in it and the cst.in light is flashing but i have lost control over all the video cassette operations ,yet i can change the channel and get into the menu options ( i can't scroll thru the options though) How do you reset this malfunction...

Unregistered guest
i have had no problems with this vcr at all. i think it is great for the price i paid for it

Unregistered guest
Pleas assist me in finding remote that works for the sv 2000 vcr. i purchased a philips magnavox and had no luck with the codes given. i am sick about this matter. please assist me someone.

Anonymous

El manufacturero de los TVs SV2000 es la Philips. El codigo del control remoto de estos TVs los debes buscar bajo Philips. Yo uso ONE FOR ALL y el codigo es 1354. La lista también menciona el codigo 0054.

K. Rink
Unregistered guest
i have an sv2000 vcr, and after it finishes playing a rented video, it does not want to rewind, just stop and eject the tape. It takes several attempts to finally get the machine to agree to rewind. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Unregistered guest
how do you record in any mode other than sp

Unregistered guest
Folks.... I use my cable company's remote to operate my SV2000.
It operates under the Phillips codes.....
I have a Scientific Atlanta Cable box Explorer 2000 model.
Hope this helps.

Unregistered guest
I also have an SV2000 and do not know how to hook this up to the tv and I have cable, I need to record something and have no idea how to hook it up, or record, manual lost.

Anonymous

For those of you who can't find a universal remote for the SV2000 VCR, I had the same problem then by chance I tried an old Funai #N9269 VCR remote I had and it worked.

ppsmith00
Unregistered guest
I brought a Emerson vsh/hq
model vcr4003A and don't know now to set the channels can anyone tell me where to get the manuel

Tadamesh
Unregistered guest
Thanks Anonymous. I just tried the Funai all for one code (0000) on mine and it worked!

snatchface
Unregistered guest
I have a "one for all" universal remote, and I plan on using it for my SV200 vcr, what is a good code for me to use?

maddox
Unregistered guest
I have a SV2000 TELELVISION. I no longer have the remote because I use the cable box remote. My 3 year was messing with the menu button and now the TV is set at channel A/V IN and the screen is blue. I can't get cable or videos. I have done every manuel option the menu button allows. Are there any sugestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 99
There should be an input select button on either the TV or the remote.

SV2000 VCR
Unregistered guest
I have a VCR that just has SV2000 VCR on front of it and like many of us on here...you guessed it, you no longer have the manual or remote.
I purchased a One For All remote that has model URC4640B01 on the back of the actual remote.
To program your SV2000 VCR to work with this remote do the following;
Turn the VCR on, Press the VCR key on the "One For All" remote, stand close and aim the "One For All" remote towards the VCR plastic center area where sensor is hidden, press the "SET" key down and hold until the LED light on the remote blinks twice then release. Now enter code 0000. The light should then blink twice on your "One For All" remote. If so aim towards VCR and press the power button and the VCR should turn off, then try turning it back on with your "One For All" remote.
If it doesn't work the first time, try a few more times by repeating the steps above.
Hope this helps..........

Unregistered guest
Hi, i have a sony cassette deck (xr-ca370x). I have also a cassette with cable attached to it, so i can use a (portable) cd player in my car. Now the problem is why the casstte deck keeps winding forward? Why it doesn't just play). Thanks

Anonymous

I have a SV2000 VCR and I am unable to view tapes that I have recorded. When I press the play button, the result is a scrambled screen of snow...no picture. This must be a programming issue and I would appreciate help in fixing this problem. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
If you get sound and no picture, 90% of the time it needs cleaned.

Unregistered guest
I have a SV2000 VCR. I still have the manual and remote, but I don't have the three digit number to enable the VCR to record from Dish Network satelite. Anyone have any experience with this?

Jennifer Harris
Unregistered guest
Hi...thanks to the person that gave out the Funai code. I am using a ONE FOR ALL kameleon remote. Code 0000 works for the sv2000 vcr.

JEFFr4544
Unregistered guest
I have a RCA universal remote control I need the codes for the WHITE WESTINGHOUSE tv set so I can turn the tv on and off and change the channels etc etc please help

acebiz
Unregistered guest
For Owners Manual on a SV2000, please visit the following link:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sva106at/sva106at_dfu_aen.pdf

yysrysrtyhr6sthysry
Unregistered guest
Get the Logitech Harmony universal remote control. It controls just about everything. http://www.logitech.com/harmony/

yysrysrtyhr6sthysry
Unregistered guest
Get the Logitech Harmony universal remote control. It controls just about everything. http://www.logitech.com/harmony/

Anonymous

I have an SV2000 VCR and I was wondering if anyone could give me a code so I can program it onto a Universal Remote.

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 19
Why does everyone keep losing their factory remotes? What gives? These remotes are HARD to replace so I keep good track of mine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
Try Funai or Philips/Magnavox codes.

Unregistered guest
i have a sv2000 that i believe was purchased in 1999 but my friend who gave me the tv no longer has the remote, please help i have had this tv since 2004 and still can't get it to work in my room with cable unless i plug up a vcr and use the remote to it however now my vcr is broke and i need this tv to work

Unregistered guest
Yes I am needing to find Funai Dealer. I have lost the remote to my VCR and a universal remote will not let me set the clock or even let me set to record. So if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. my Email address is: mew2005@sbcglobal.net. You can send the info to my Email address. Thank You, Mary

Gold Member

Post Number: 1117
Geyt a One For All remote.

zyplex
Unregistered guest
I need a replacement videohead for my SV2000. Anyone know what Philip part number to look for?

please send email to zyplex AT flashmail dot com.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
The drum assembly will cost as much as a new VCR.

Anonymous

For SV2000 Television, use the code 0054. This code works as SV2000 is a Philips brand. (One for All Universal - Model URC-4700B00).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us