Koolsat 6100 question (3 problems as general)

Silver Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 220
hi i have koolsat 6100.. after locking xxx channel when i turn off my reciever and turn it back on i need to put pin every time.. i tried to get answer from Koolsat user guide but it doesn't explain very well...
i used to have koolsat 4000 and it doesn't had that problemm... after locking channel every time i turn on my reciever i have to put pin...
2nd thing when i skip some channel.. it doesn't show at all...
i can not find those channel on guide etc...

2nd question is that.. when u change the channel it says no information... like basically u have to press info or guide button to know that channel is showing what kind of programming right now.. this was never problem in koolsat 4000..

3rd problem i tried epg on all the epg channels for dish 148.. epg doesn't work for more than 2 hrs beyond...

don't know if every one has same issues with koolsat 6100. thanks in advance for help...

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
ada
Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 06:22 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi i have koolsat 6100.. after locking xxx channel when i turn off my reciever and turn it back on i need to put pin every time.. i tried to get answer from Koolsat user guide but it doesn't explain very well...
i used to have koolsat 4000 and it doesn't had that problemm... after locking channel every time i turn on my reciever i have to put pin...
2nd thing when i skip some channel.. it doesn't show at all...
i can not find those channel on guide etc...

2nd question is that.. when u change the channel it says no information... like basically u have to press info or guide button to know that channel is showing what kind of programming right now.. this was never problem in koolsat 4000..

3rd problem i tried epg on all the epg channels for dish 148.. epg doesn't work for more than 2 hrs beyond...

don't know if every one has same issues with koolsat 6100. thanks in advance for help...

Silver Member

Post Number: 228

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
i guess no one is helping

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
probably start posting on somewhere else.........

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
i guess no one has this reciever.........

Username: Newguy714

Post Number: 1
I just got the koolsat 6100 like a week ago, u have to hit the menu button, go to I think instalation or whichever one has the channel listing and remove locked channels from the locked list or u can change it to where u put the pin in once and ur done, I'm not at home so I can't give u exacts on how to do it, and ya unfortunatly from what I'm told it will always say no information u have to use the guide button, the only problem I have with the 6100 is every other day the box goes out n I have to call the guy to come out n fix it, as it is right now I am only getting 2 sports ppv channels, and basic cable, no hbo,showtime,cinimax,xxx,ppv or ne thing, just says scrambled channel, its really annoying, I'm tempted to go back to regular cable

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
thanks for helpo joe..but when u turn off and turn on again .. do u need to pin number every time.. b.c every time i turn off my reciever from remote .. when i turn it back on i need to put the pin.. is there any way to avoid that...

Bronze Member
Username: Kirankumar

Post Number: 92
sada,press menu then select chanel ist then chanellist manager and u will see locked chanel just unlock them.if u dont wnt to use pin then go to menu -system setting-parental control and adjust what u want.good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
no i think u didn't understand what i mean..
lets says i wanna lock a channel... i know how to lock it.. but when i turn off my reciever from front button and then turn it back again.. i have to put pin number..

Silver Member

Post Number: 253

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
well that is the whole idea for locking a channel so u need a pin for access

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
kiran i know .... but when u turn off ur reciever let's say at night and then u turn it back again.. u have to put pin to watch any channels (so basically when u turn on ur reciever it says enter ur pin... so u can't move to other screen...) no matter if its locked channel or not....
so basically it automatically locks the reciever when ever u turn it off... from remote ... or back side button...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i am at work right now but when i get home in the morning i will try and figure it out after looking at my box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
also it is advisable to keep your reciever on at all times.just turn the tv off

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
kiran patel i am waiting for ur answer........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
go to menu-system setting-parental control
this is what u should have
censoship-no block
cange pincode-press ok
system-unlock
installation-lock
system setting-lock
edit channela-lock

make sure u have these settings.i think u might have system i lock if so unlock it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us