Westinghouse LCD opinions....???

Username: 360man

United States

Post Number: 6
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8386285&type=product&id=1181831586 462

Ratings everywhere are just about awesome, except the downfall was the blacks. Everything else is awesome, and having 4 HDMI's. What do you think? Everyone tells me to stay away from Vizio and Olevia

Username: Cyruszain

Post Number: 4
I have 2 westinghouse models. One died just after the warranty and the other has a small green line running up from bottom to top. This happened within 1 years time. I calle support and they want me to ship it to California to fix it under warranty at my cost for shipping....I live in MA so it'd cost some good coin to do so. I for one will never get a westinghouse again.

Post Number: 5
I have 2 westinghouse models. One died just after the warranty and the other has a small green line running up from bottom to top. This happened within 1 years time. I calle support and they want me to ship it to California to fix it under warranty at my cost for shipping....I live in MA so it'd cost some good coin to do so. I for one will never get a westinghouse again.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3654
That's why name brands cost more. I don't buy any off brands like Westinghouse. It's far better to spend a little more up front and get something that performs better and lasts longer.

Post Number: 7
Westinghouse an off brand? huh? It has been a name brand longer than any of them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3655
Not when it comes to TVs. They have been selling TVs for a very short time compared to Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba, etc.

Post Number: 8
short time? I've got a Westinghouse H-609T10 that i believe is from 1949 or 50 or so....that is a short time making TV's? I beleive it earns them right to be a name brand. Incidentally, Toshiba bought Westinghouse out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3658
Westinghouse is a low budget brand. Maybe at some point in the past they weren't, but they are now. For many years they didn't sell TVs, they have only recently started again.

Post Number: 9
name brand or low budget...which is your argument? Westinghouse has always made quality items. I would not put them in the same category of an insignia. The cost was comaparible to any other on the market including Panasonic or Sony. Fact is, every company seems to be having problems with these TV's no matter how much it costs.
You say Westinghouse is a "low budget" brand now....is that maybe because Toshiba owns that line now? I thought you cinsidered Toshiba a "name brand"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us