VSX dead

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 62
Hi guys,

My viewsat extreme suddenly went dead. No power at all. Tried on/off switch, plugged/ unplugged. No luck. What could be wrong and where to get it fixed. I'm in BC, Canada. Thanks .

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13623
Sounds like U may have a clone, if it went dead by itself and U have the 1109X bin on it...

all U can do is go here...
[link removed]

or get another one from somebody and transfer data bewteen the 2 of them,,,but if its a clone then do contact the above link...don't mention U were putting any software on it..

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 63
Hi LK,

No it's not clone. I have had it for a year and the last bin loaded was 1109X and it was working fine. I forgot to mention one thing-I was out of town for 5 days and forget to turn it off (with remote) when I left. On return, I found no power. May be it got overheated. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13629
Many people never shut there's off...maybe a fuse went, or very poor ventilation and overheating killed your power supply..I dunno ...only U can check it out yourself..take the casing off, and take a peek..

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1377
gary dont wait for the sun to shine . if u have a receipt send it to viewsat and they fix it for free. if u dont have a receipt make one fake one use a name of a dealer send it they dont check.

tha's the best u can do . dont get crazy with those suggestion that revive the box. u have to change your chip.
take care
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us