Archive through February 12, 2007

Username: Beign316

St.petersburg, Florida United states

Post Number: 1
Scooby Doo is a fool. Everything he say doesnt work, does. He probably works for a cable company. So disregard anything he says and keep up your search. Youll find what you need eventually. Go to your doghouse and stop crying Scooby.

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 126
I am not affilliated with any cable company at all. I just dislike seeing scammers sell STB's to pooe unsuspecting fools that think they will work. Personally I suspect that anyone that posts on here is one of the scammers trying to steal money from others.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 777
I find it funny they didn't de-bunk the FCC link I posted. Unlike xvxvxvx I am affliated with a cable company, and I'll tell you from my own experience: We will find out when you are tampering with our equipment. Anything you buy in a store, or online that illegally allows viewing of encrypted channels will not work. The only options that do work is blocking the reverse path, and no responders get investigated. Who ever it was that said you can reboot the box before they gather the data probably believes in the tooth fairy to.. All STB's use non volatile memory, look it up and you'll see what I'm talking about: Types of memory that retain their contents when power is turned off. ROM is nonvolatile, whereas RAM is volatile. This term often refers to the CMOS memory in PCs that holds the BIOS.

Rebooting the STB only reloads data, it does not clear any stored data and that's all there is to say about that. You could beat the system about 10 years ago, it can't be beaten anymore. Nice try, go buy a DTV set-up, I hear they're easy to hack lol

Username: Thewiseman

Sorry "CABLEGUY," anything can be hacked - even without people knowing. Your problem is that you don't have the imagination to believe in the Tooth Fairy - the kind of imagination that takes people "outside of the box" where they find different "rules" to hack, create, invent, and even change the world.

Your right! Ten years ago you could beat the system; and ten years from now they'll say the same thing - otherwise Motorola and alot of other companies would be out of business!

So continue on Cable Guy; continue on disbelieving in the Tooth Fairy and believing in the impossibility of hacking the system - any system! Continue to lull yourself into that security that everything is just fine; that the cable companies have finally beat the system and there's no more change.

Bronze Member
Username: Cabletool

Midwest

Post Number: 53
Wise man
Your a motherfucking idiot.

( odd.. f*cking is censored but if I throw someones mother into the mix Im all good...:-) )

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 128
To the (not so) Wise Man,

Anything can be hacked, I believe we are all in agreement. The discussion isn't about hacking your STB it is about being able to view unauthorized programming from an unauthorized/hacked box, it is not going to happen. It appears you do not understand the discussion. A true "wise man" would listen/read more and post less.

xvxvxvx

Username: Chip_douglas

Sterling hts, Mi Usa

you can do a master reset on those digital cable boxes. I know because I do it at work I work for comcast. you can get those cable boxes to work it just depends on how far you want to dig.why do you think all those cable boxes are selling for so much on ebay? the filter thing does work. you can actually go into the settings of the box and see a list of all the pay per view stuff that was ordered.I do it at work when a customer claims they did not order all the adult movies on ppv and they get a huge bill. the first thing i ask is if they have a teenage kid in the house.

Username: Klaus_hasburg

Austria

Post Number: 3
I just posted about the Scientific Atlanta 4200 in a new thread. The subject line is:
Scientific Atlanta 4200 - sa4200 - Cablevision - United States - I took pictures

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/242065.html

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 790
"the wise man". I never said things couldn't be hacked. As anybody with an above the 3rd grade reading comprehension could tell you, nobody is arguing whether or not they can be hacked. This issue is with the advent of 2-way systems, the cable company can read data directly off the STB at any point during the day. As for your belief in the tooth fairy, maybe that's your problem...you still believe in the tooth fairy. I don't need to believe in the tooth fairy to know illegal activities happen everyday. Necessity is the mother of invention, and I'm sure there are a lot of people out there with nothing better to do with their life, then find a way to hack into something so they can get it for free. What's funny is how stupid the logic is behind anything that's done illegally, not just talking cable here. Theft of service cost a company money, which means others have to pay for the theft. So continue on with sticking it to your fellow man, do things that break the law because you can, or maybe because you think it makes you a bigger man because you are cheating. The mentality of people that think this way are beyond my comprehension. Cheat at something to win....great attitude, you accomplish nothing. If you're so good at hacking stuff, or beating the system, why do you do something that you can be proud of? Make something useful with those talents instead of running the same path everybody else does.
If you want to believe in the tooth fairy, then you have to believe that the cable company also knows how to detect when things are being tampered with. If you have nothing better or constructive to add to the conversation, then go play with keebler elve's or the unicorns. Read what is being said before you make yourself looking any more insignificant then you already have.

Username: Izzystradlin

Post Number: 2
I've got nothing against hackers.... I'm in awe really of the things they can do.... I just wished they would use all that brain power to cure cancer, or work towards world peace, or find out who shot JFK......

But... there is no excuse for a lazy hacker... that's just pitiful. as a matter of fact.... someone asking how to hack, shouldn't be called a hacker... he's just a thief...

Username: Chip_douglas

Sterling hts, Mi Usa

right on izzy!

Username: Peterhiggs

can someone email me at petethiggs30@tiscali.co.uk on this website telling you how to hack digital cable boxes please.thanks

Username: Ljohnson06

Jonesboro, GA USA

Please e-mail me the information: ljohnson06@gmai.com

Username: Ljohnson06

Jonesboro, GA USA

my e-mail address is ljohnson06@gmail.com and i have a motorola box

Username: Mr_man_sr

If you use a digital filter it will work and you CAN reset any ROM memory by leaving the box unplugged for 24-48 hours and then the box will not hold enough power to retain the info. And I know this works for a fact because I have been doing it for almost a year now and I work for a cable company myself. I am not stupid though and I am not going to post my name, the company I work for or my email address. One last thing do not listen to ScoobyDoo they are ignorant and have no clue what they are talking about, wow what a moron!

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 134
Dwayme,

You must be a janitor at a cable company. Anyone above average intelligence would at least google ROM before posting sucnh nonsense as yours: Below is a quote on how ROM functions:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/rom1.htm

Here is a relevant excerpt:

"Each type has unique characteristics, which you'll learn about in this article, but they are all types of memory with two things in common:
Data stored in these chips is nonvolatile -- it is not lost when power is removed.
Data stored in these chips is either unchangeable or requires a special operation to change (unlike RAM, which can be changed as easily as it is read).
This means that removing the power source from the chip will not cause it to lose any data."

You might also notice that this debunks your post quite completely. I think rather than working for a cable company you sell cable boxes on E-Bay or elsewhere and rip people off.

You might not lnow that I have been a practicing Engineer for 30 years so save you misinformation for other suckers that cannot find this forum.

xvxvxvx

Username: Tonyblessing44

I have a Cablevision Scientific Atlanta 1850 digital cable box, and im trying to find out a way to hack it, im sick and tired of spending over 40 bucks for ANALOG CHANNELS ! NOT EVEN DIGITAL...if i wanted digital i have to spend another 10 dollars, Someone please tell me a way to receive free digital, analog, and PPV channels without payin too much....please send me details to tonyblessing44@netzero.com

Username: Ecs

What would keep someone from changing the ROM memory to RAM memory. Also if the cable company can erase the PPV info off the ROM then the hackers can also.

Username: Sillyman

I would like to say screw you guys! Quit debating my existance. Its annoying and uncalled for. I am real and I could just as validly say that you don't exist for all the proof you have, so bugger off. Seriously I work my bum off giving what I can to little kids and you just trow it in my face. Thanks.

Username: Sillyman

Also if you'de send a link to the digital cable hack to howler_monkey_man@yahoo.com

Username: Karte

I'm looking to enable my tv to watch comcast cable. I personally don't think that cable is worthed to pay a penny for, that's why I reduced it to just basic programms, and after awhile I disconnected it. my son in killing me since we lost Cartoon Network, so, Last night I went to see what's in the comcast box in front of our house. I found our cable and just connected it in one of empty rgb sockets and i couls whatch the basic again, but I think they filter the extended pregramms. I took a pic from the filter. Is ther anybody to know how to get rid of the filter?
ThanksUpload

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 141
Karte,

If you will provide your exact home address someone here will be sure you are "taken care of". Write soon we really want to help.

xvxvxvx

Username: Tripz

lol u have to defeat the locking mechinism which is the yellow thing in the picture to the right of the filter sice u can see the connector to the left, this is usually done with a tool that the cable tecs carry with tme, in my experiance you can usually defeat this with something as simple as a pair of vice grips, or a something like a peice of coat hanger that you can instert into the locking device to catch the peice that spins and force it to turn like it should to allow you to remove it, if that makes any since :D

Username: Chopper

could you send me the site for cable dtv hacks. many thanx- ex cable tech from uk . my e-mail is---- supertone165@yahoo.com

Username: Ivanho

Scooby Doo, you really are an arrogant engineer with 30 years of know-nothing experience. There are smart engineers and there are stupid engineers. You proclaiming to have 30 years tells me you're one of the stupid ones.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 148
ivanho,

I got my initial degree when we were still using vacuum tubes and transistors. I have continued my traing into the digital era and am fully capable of designing complex state of the art systems to this day, although I am a senior project manager and do very little true design work these days. I don't expect people like yourself to understand the whys, but just wish others to stop being scammed by people like yourself selling useless products and spouting inaccurate information.

xvxvxvx

Username: Sucias

Could you send me the link? I have a motorola DCT2224. Thanks! sucias@gmail.com

Username: Shobuddy

link for me to please...

shobuddy@hotmail.com

Username: Ajayconn

BAL

please send to me as well thanks

Username: D_assassin

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. I've looked into this hosting company, they even got ranked #3 on this review site (http://www.hosting-buyers-guide.com/re/2005powweb/).

I'm building a site that's gonna have alot of pictures and video, so I'll need alot of space and speed, so has anyone used this host before?

Thanks.

Username: Free_willy

You want to hack digital cable?

Find a computer programmer who is willing to right code into the box. Just tell him that and he will/can do the rest.

The box contains a small set of instructions on how to handle the info. The cable company would have to advocate securing this info. I don't think it's a big deal to them as of yet. Only a select number of people have the know-how and the GALL to hack the box.

Inserting your own code that is undetected is easy, if you know what you are doing. If the cable guy only knew what the equipment he carries can do!!!

Go to your local college.
Find a computer science or engineering major.
Tell him what you want and offer to pay him.

If he's competent (check his GPA), he can hook you up.

You shouldn't steal though. Just because the cable companies are complete TYRANTS and THIEVES, that doesn't vindicate the thief that STEALS from the thief.

I have no affiliation with any company. Just surfing the net and came across the defeatist attitude some here have or try to pawn off on the masses (who are thieves). Reality is, this is the age of technology and information. This is the age of electronics. Everything you have and are can be affected or altered with the stroke of a key.

True power lies in the hands of the man with KNOWLEDGE...

Username: Free_willy

Scooby,

As an engineer, you know there are ways to hack this system. Don't tell people that it isn't.

Cable guys,

You are right to look out for your company. You are NOT right to lie to people. The box CAN be hacked. You just can't tell them how.

I agree the filter is tricky and (generally) a bad idea but it isn't the only way. That's the truth. I'm not going to put the other ways up but it can (and IS/WILL) be done...

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 150
Posted by Jason:

"You want to hack digital cable?

Find a computer programmer who is willing to right code into the box. Just tell him that and he will/can do the rest.

The box contains a small set of instructions on how to handle the info. The cable company would have to advocate securing this info. I don't think it's a big deal to them as of yet. Only a select number of people have the know-how and the GALL to hack the box.

Inserting your own code that is undetected is easy, if you know what you are doing. If the cable guy only knew what the equipment he carries can do!!!

Go to your local college.
Find a computer science or engineering major.
Tell him what you want and offer to pay him.

If he's competent (check his GPA), he can hook you up.

I usually ignore posts like yours but you are such a persistent little buggar I'll respond. Nothing you can hack in the box itself will allow you to receive and decode scrambled data sent from the headend. The cable company headend is programmed to allow data to be passed on an individual MAC address to each cable box that has it's own serial number permanently encoded into ROM (that is read only memory, got it? Read Only!!).

Nothing you can do to your STB can fool or trick the cable company headend. Get it through your thick skulls that you are trying to program a toaster to send missiles into outer space, it will not happen.

Again I only post this information so people do not waste their time or money on scammers.

xvxvxvx

Username: Mandeepop

you all are a dumbass, omg, why dont you just sweet talk the phone rep and ask HER to give you some extra channels? and if you want to steal cable, didnt you notice if you have comcast, before you activate your box, you have most of the channels, includeing hbo and starz. and since you like stealing, why dont you open the cable recever outside your house, or apartmentand plug in the cable wire that goes to your house and swich it with someone elce with digtional cable? you are better off with sattelite and get a sim card form someone and stick it in there so you get some good channels.

oh yea i am only 13 years old

Username: Arealengineer

Scooby, you're a freaking idiot. You are shooting holes in your own argument. Perhaps you should read your own definition of ROM... Assuming we're discussing some form of a PC, which we are.. ROM is used for a set of instructions that do NOT change. RAM is used for storing short term data until it can be written to say a hard drive.

You are right about one thing.. ROM does stand for Read ONLY Memory. Meaning that it is written once for a specific purpose, much like a CD ROM. It is not used for data storage. Maybe that's why you ended up doing project management instead of engineering.

Its clear you know just enough to be dangerous.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 151
Wileran,

Take 6 years of technical college and get back to me. I may offer you a job inspecting PC boards. You really have no understanding of what I have explained.

The reason you cannot hack and spoof the cable headend is because the STB's serial number and MAC address is burnt (encoded at that) into ROM which you are unable to alter.

Please stop making new accounts, it only weakens your arguement and makes you look foolish.

xvxvxvx

Username: Xanadu

First off; anything that is driven by computers can be hacked. Yes, you can hack STBs. No I won't tell you how to do it.

Secondly; this thread is a SPAM Farmer's dream. I could probably make more money selling these email addresses than I could selling hacked STBs, and it'd be safer.

Username: Powertrip101

i have a friend who is in need of this so called code, if anyone can help me out that would be great...powertrip101@hotmail.com thanks again

Username: Powertrip101

i have a friend who is in need of this so called code for comcast cable, if anyone can help me out that would be great...powertrip101@hotmail.com thanks again

Username: Tom_spe

could some one please send me the site thank you.. dasavedone@hotmail.com

Username: Bjohnson

could some one please send me the site thank you. hotlineuser69@hotmail.com

Username: Dyanwill7

Portland, OR United States

I have a Motorola cable box and only get the tv guide. We pay for all the movie channels and I can't even get regular tv on it. The two in the house work fine. Is there something I'm not doing or is there something I can do? It's a weekend or I would be calling Comcast for help.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 153
Diane,

If your cable box has been leased and authorized by Comcast try holding the power button down for 5 or 6 seconds on the cable box itself, not on the remote. It will reboot, a download screen may appear and in a couple of minutes you should have access to your authorized channels.

If you bought the cable box yourself you have a doorstop.

xvxvxvx

Username: Soulence

interested in reading these "hacks send me a link at soulence@netscape.net

Username: Ebear

The truth about Motorola Digital Cable Boxes:

1. Each box has a serial number and a unit address number. The serial number starts with GIxxx, also known as the GI number. The unit address is programmed in volatile RAM along with the decryption seed keys, both of which are contained in the XC processor chip. The XC processor chip is backed up by a large 3V lithium battery. If the chip loses power from the backup battery when power is disconnected, the XC chip will lose the unit address and seed key information. The box will display an E11 error code. The seed keys are programmed by your cable company and the unit address was programmed by Motorola. The GI number is just a database tag used to ID your box by the cable system. The GI number is not contained anywhere in the DCT box.

2. The Motorola boxes also contain NVRAM that is also backed up by the backup battery mentioned above. Among many other things, the NVRAM contains the following:

A) Your local channel map
B) Parental control and purchase passwords
C) The ID number of your cable system
D) Time Zone and DST information
E) Pay per view purchase information

3. You can alter the contents of the NVRAM by using a debugging cable attached between the DCT box and your computer. The DCT1000 and DCT2000 series boxes use a BDM debugging cable and the DCT2500 and up boxes use a JTAG cable. You can use these cables to clear the PPV purchases from the Motorola/GI digital cable boxes. These cables are also useful for turning boxes back on and making out-of-area eBay boxes work with your cable system.

3. At this time, there is no known way to activate encrypted channels using these cables.

eBear

Username: Burningbush

How can I get PPV for free with Charter Digital Cable? The type of Charter Digital Cable box I have is Scientific Atlanta, modle Explorer 3100. THANKS!

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 55
plutonium233@yahoo.com
jobean114@hotmail.com
nagyde@gmail.com
manzoorz5001@gmail.com
areohwhy@gmail.com
blackhorseicu3@yahoo.com
nomanshakir@hotmail.com
georgek_la@yahoo.com
shharma@hotmail.com
boogyman_11@yahoo.com
fiebru1969@yahoo.com
chazz95@hotmail.com
onefastdime@aol.com
Milosz1985@hotmail.com
jastiles2@aol.com
ricci518@yahoo.com
xbogey1x@yahoo.com
jfisher333@gmail.com
newschool007@hotmail.com
mas_atcha@yahoo.co.uk
chicagodss@gmail.com
Dom152@comcast.net
iitone00@netscape.net
thomasconwell@snet.net
cdo3@columbus.rr.com
ashleyherr@hotmail.com

hermanc@comcast.net

JHallot@aol.com
randy_f200@hotmail.com
hacker@dodgeit.com
ricardo_g_steel@yahoo.com
squires.n@talk21.com
djoconnor16@hotmail.com
khanarif@msn.com
JDub383@hotmail.com
jamyron03@yahoo.com
nyskier2002@yahoo.com
iamloco724@aol.com
petethiggs30@tiscali.co.uk
ljohnson06@gmai.com
tonyblessing44@netzero.com
howler_monkey_man@yahoo.com
supertone165@yahoo.com
sucias@gmail.com
shobuddy@hotmail.com
great...powertrip101@hotmail.com
dasavedone@hotmail.com
hotlineuser69@hotmail.com
soulence@netscape.net

Username: A_resister

Ok here is a question, i have been told by a few people that work at a local cable company where i live that all the boxes they get for their digital cable they have to put their own resisters and the box and that yo can remove them and have everything unlocked anyone know any thing about that or ever heard of such ???

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 61
Not really. The boxes come, nothing is added. They are scanned into the companies inventory and that activates them with some basic services ( or leaves them cold depending on the area ) They go out to the field and are palced on an account. Once on the account an activation hit gets sent that tells the box what to decrypt. Pretty basic.

There is nothing added to the box and no way to unlock the box. Even if you get one HOT from the warehouse that wasnt put on an account yet the controller will automatically send a hit every 7 days or so to all the boxes for an update or some crap. It will hit tha box whether its on an account or not and the box will just brick. There is no way to block that hit as its on the forward stream. The same stream that is showing you your services.

Username: Mykin

can some please email me the link too.

mykin99@sbcglobal.net

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 63
plutonium233@yahoo.com
jobean114@hotmail.com
nagyde@gmail.com
manzoorz5001@gmail.com
areohwhy@gmail.com
blackhorseicu3@yahoo.com
nomanshakir@hotmail.com
georgek_la@yahoo.com
shharma@hotmail.com
boogyman_11@yahoo.com
fiebru1969@yahoo.com
chazz95@hotmail.com
onefastdime@aol.com
Milosz1985@hotmail.com
jastiles2@aol.com
ricci518@yahoo.com
xbogey1x@yahoo.com
jfisher333@gmail.com
newschool007@hotmail.com
mas_atcha@yahoo.co.uk
chicagodss@gmail.com
Dom152@comcast.net
iitone00@netscape.net
thomasconwell@snet.net
cdo3@columbus.rr.com
ashleyherr@hotmail.com

hermanc@comcast.net

JHallot@aol.com
randy_f200@hotmail.com
hacker@dodgeit.com
ricardo_g_steel@yahoo.com
squires.n@talk21.com
djoconnor16@hotmail.com
khanarif@msn.com
JDub383@hotmail.com
jamyron03@yahoo.com
nyskier2002@yahoo.com
iamloco724@aol.com
petethiggs30@tiscali.co.uk
ljohnson06@gmai.com
tonyblessing44@netzero.com
howler_monkey_man@yahoo.com
supertone165@yahoo.com
sucias@gmail.com
shobuddy@hotmail.com
great...powertrip101@hotmail.com
dasavedone@hotmail.com
hotlineuser69@hotmail.com
soulence@netscape.net

Adding mykin99@sbcglobal.net

SPAMMERS COME GET EM!!

Username: Mankind71

Please send me the site for resetting or hacking the scientific atlantic 4200. My email ose671@yahoo.com

Username: Djboozealot

i pay for high speed internet and split the cable for the internet service into my TV before it goes into my modem, and have been getting basic cable channels for 2 years. a few weeks ago, i turned the TV on and all my channels were static, but my cable internet still works fine... what happened?

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 64
They audited and put a Video trap on your line since you are a DATA only customer. A video trap usually blocks out channels 2-74 ish. Your DATA frequencies start out below and above those channels.
Degenerate.

at first, it blocked everything up to 65, and i had 66-71. then i was gone for 2 weeks and when i came back, i didnt even get those channels.

i take it there's nothing i can do but sign up for the basic cable package, right?

and what would make the cable company "audit" me? i have been splitting it for 2 years and they just now noticed? wierd

Username: Earthsong

Ojai, CA

Man, this is one hellatious thread, the way you guys have argued about whether or not hacking cable can really work! And I must be guilty of the same or else I wouldn't have read thru this whole argument, right? Right...I actually have another thread posted with a similar question about getting more channels than I pay for, with the only difference being I'm already getting 'em (Adlephia's "mistake"), but only when I do a direct analog RF feed into my TV, but not when I insert Time-Warner's set-top box into the path.

The point is, as long as there are people who feel current cable prices are too steep (they are!), they will feel justified in trying to level the playing field by stealing. It's just like downloading music from peer-to-peer sites for free. If you could get any album you wanted for $5 instead of $14, there'd probably be a lot less downloading...and if you could get at least 100 good digital channels for, say, $25 a mo., only the deadbeats who believe everything should be totally free would bother trying to hack, the rest of us would just pony up the $25. I mean, these cable companies with their big infrastructure and staff gotta make a living too, right? It's just that you cant get it for $25. In every state, from any major cable company, you gotta pay at least $55 a mo. for the so-called "digital" package (same as analog packages cause almost all signals are digital now), $65+ if you want high-def plus HBO, and it's JUST TOO DAMN MUCH. Who but the rich and the most avid TV addicts have got $750 to $850 a year to shell out just for watching a few good TV shows with a clear picture? It's ridiculous. Just like the multi-million dollar record companies, they need to get a little less greedy and offer better mid level packages for us average working folk who just watch a medium amount of TV.
That's not going to happen, so this thread will go on forever. Even after over 150 posts from "experts" like Scooby, Cable Guy, etc., I'm still not sure whether unlocking extra channels is truly possible, especially without being a tech-wiz and without getting caught. But I know people are gonna keep asking...

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 65
Brilliant logic. I cant afford a Mercedes.. but I sure do want one! Might as well just go steal one.
I deserve it! Im OWED IT! ITs my RIGHT!!!

MutherFucking degenerates.

Cable is entertainment. Its priced on value .. and market value at that. The same way Mercedes is a luxury.

Username: Earthsong

Ojai, CA

Post Number: 4
Wow, so I'm a MF degenerate, huh? It's these kind of flaming, derogatory posts that have made this thread so hellatious.

The Mercedes logic bites. First of all, I never argued that I deserved digital cable or that it was my right, just that it was too expensive. At least with cars, I have a wide range of choices and prices. If I can't get the Mercedes, I don't whine at all like you characterized me, I just go out and buy a lower-priced vehicle, which will do everything the Mercedes will, just not quite as poshly. At least the car companies aren't all owned by 2 or 3 huge media conglomerates who set one staggering price for all cars. But that's the way it is with digital cable. You won't find a Toyota Cable or Honda Cable Company who says, "Hey, we can afford to give customers a pretty decent digital cable package for about half what the other guys are charging, and still turn a tidy proifit, so let's offer that."
So yeah, it's a "market-set" value. And some of the markets we buy things from are equitable, like the auto market, the clothing market, hell, even the electronics market where we get these damn receivers in the first place is pretty fair and offers all kinds of price ranges. Other markets, like housing and cable, are gouged, period. Be real about it.

The intensity of your nasty reply makes me think, for a Cable Tool like you who watches a considerable amount of TV, all that chilling in front of your high-priced entertainment system sure ain't helping you relax much. Chill, dude!

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 66
The intensity of my reply comes from working in the field and disconnecting jackasses like you who steal cable and giving ME attitude like they are OWED it.
Especially when they cut into someone elses line and do such a poor job they render the legal customers connection useless.

Look, justify being a grown man and stealing something anyway you want. Whatever eases your mind.

I dont wnat to pay $3.00 a gallon for gas either but Im not going to take it out of my neighbors car.

There is NOTHING to stop another cable company from coming in and serving your community. Nothing except the millions it would cost to set it up and maintain it. And Im sure they wouldnt want to see a return on that money either.

Username: Evanx

Please send me the site for resetting or hacking the scientific atlantic 4200. My email: rxie30@gmail.com

Username: Blindx16

Brooklyn, New york Usa

Please send me the site for resetting or hacking the scientific atlantic 4200. My email blindx16@yahoo.com

Username: Uncer

Hi Guys,
I need some advise. I am being stalked by a cyber stalker, who I now has hacked into my basic comcast cable television. I need to figure out if theres a way to stop this with some kind of equiptment or something?
I knew something was up when I said things in my house and next thing, they're repeated to me online!
I've called my cable company and they said it was impossible to do. I know it's not, and this person who did it loves to toy with me, by turning the signal on and off at key points of the television broadcasts.
I also found an extended phone wire manually wrapped around my cable , as an extended pickup.
I don't want this person to get away with anymore of this , they have terrorized me and my family!
Please tell me what I should do? Get rid of the cable? Would The Dish or something like that be any better? Thanks

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 205
TP,

Immediately mold some tinfoil around your head, then be sure to only watch cable TV in your bathroom, the water protects you from evil spirits and the tinfoil hat diminished their ability to send subliminal messages.

Do not hesitate or else the spirits will take over your body, your head will then spin and you may spew green vomit all over your family, it is not worth the risk.

xvxvxvx

Username: Jeffal13

I am a college student and recently moved out into an appartment in the same city as my home. at home we had two comcast hd dvr's and we have comcast basic in the appartment. my question: if my parents added another dvr to their account, would I be able to bring it to my appt and use it? I understand that I need to call in and activate it when I get it, so I assume I would need to be at home to do it, since that's where it's registered for. Is this correct? Also, if I did that, would I be able to bring the box to my appt and use it?

thanks in advance for any knowledge you could share with me on this subject.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 206
Good question Jeff,

It should work fine at your apartment but one thing will happen pretty soon. Periodically cable companies scan all the lines looking for unauthorized cable connections. I really don't know if their method would recognize the DVR as being different from your legal connection or not but maybe Cable Guy, Cable Gal or Cable Tool will chime in and say for sure.

Why don't you just put it on your account at your new apartment. It confuses me, seems like you are trying to take a shortcut by going ten miles out of your way.

xvxvxvx

Username: Jeffal13

thanks for the reply scooby. let me clarify. i 'receive' the comcast standard cable package, but i'm actually only paying for broadband internet. my roomate has an hd projector, and we definitely couldnt afford the 80-some dollars/mo or whatever it is to get the hd package, but we could do the 15/mo for an additional dvr and service on my parents account, so we figured we'd try to get it to work in the appt.

The problem I see with it is that I think the 'regions' are different between my home and appt, even though theyre only 30 mins away, cuz the channel numbers are different.

I initially activated it at home, and it all went swell, but when I brought it to the appt it was inactive again, but this was expected because if you disconnect it for x amount of time, you need to call in to get it going again. So when I called again, they sent another signal to the box, and we got a picture. Success!! but then I tried changing the channel, and the signal was lost again, for reasons unknown. couldnt even go back, to the original channel. So I called again a little while later to try again, and this time nothing.

Any ideas about this? is it simply not possible for this to be done? the thing that perplexes me is that i got a signal for a little while, but now i can't seem to get it again.

thanks again for any input you guys have.

Silver Member

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 885
Jeff~ In some systems it is possible that the converters are assigned to specific "nodes", meaning that all the cable plant in your area have specific "addresses" from which the equipment is identified as responding from. If you were in your parents house and took the converter next door, no problems. Move it across town, problems. If you've got a long weekend at home, see how long it works there, and if you move it across town and it dies immediately, it pretty much means that the boxes are assisgned to geographic addresses and not much you can do about that, short of purchasing the package for your apt. It's not so much of an unathorized connection as it might be responding from the wrong address.
Hi xvxvxvx :-)

Username: Joedaman75

can someone send me the livk to thanks Joedaman75@sbcglobal.net

Username: Fzero169

actually the only true way in 2-way comm. digital cable boxes...well at least when it comes down to being somewhat easier, i'm sure there is other ways; when the installers come and hook up a new box a new MAC and IP is logged and all information is sent back, including HBO, CIN, ETC, the tech soon calls and has these services that you do not what to pay for turned off. what begs the question is how can this be exploited??? Hmmmm, both the cable CO and the Box communicate and most have ROM and RAM memory installed...and good luck. If you don't want to do that then just go "accidentally" mess up their lines, so it will be worth the 45 a month for only 4-6MB/s that they might give you. Never mind, most eastern European states offer 30-40mb/s for less. Lastly, my god cableguy do you love the CO so much that you truly advocate everything they do; or do you just have that much of a "yes-men" sort of way of thinking.

Username: Fzero169

Haha i forgot to say that no one cares about the email address of this site b/c 1)they are prolly free SECONDARY accounts 2) Does anyone even get that mad about spam anymore, its part of emails, you just look passed it 3) Cableguy, your logic is about the same as bill O'Reley, expect using degenerate instead of shut up.

Username: Scrappy_doo

Wow! At first I came here looking for a way to hack my moto box that I have to be able to use it on my current cable.. (I pay for my digital cable and DVR box)...

After reading through this entire thread, I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to try now... I'll just rip it apart, take out the harddrive and format it for my computer...

But, before doing this, is there a way for me to get the recorded stuff from the old box (motorola 3412 get it onto my new box (motorola 6412)?

If not, what format are the recordings? Maybe I can just watch them on the PC...

Thanks

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 208
"But, before doing this, is there a way for me to get the recorded stuff from the old box (motorola 3412 get it onto my new box (motorola 6412)? "

Nope, why not record on a DVD before you dismantle the 3412.

"If not, what format are the recordings? Maybe I can just watch them on the PC... "

They are recorded using a linux based operating system and are encrypted using a 128 bit encryption key. Not gonna happen even if you could decipher the key because the op sys is recorded on the HDD, when all power is removed from the HDD (this would include pulling the power cord and removing the internal battery backup) or the HDD is completely removed from the unit the Op Sys reboots and reformats the HDD when power is reapplied.

xvxvxvx

Username: Scrappy_doo

Nope, why not record on a DVD before you dismantle the 3412.

I tried that once (video input card in PC) and the DVR seen the PC as a recording device and wouldn't play through it...

Username: Dgavenda

Ya..me too...Can someone send me the livk to:

djgavenda2@yahoo.com

Much Thanks,
Dan

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 67
Have any of you idiots ever gotten a link sent to you by whatever phantom keeps checking back to this thread sending links to those who ask for them as opposed to some jackhole just posting the sacred "link"
Morons.... really.

Username: Ramesta

Can any one plz send me how to hack the Scientific Atlantic 2100 so that I can see all the chanels, and also where I can get this equipment to buy. plz email to my id ramesh.ta@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance

Username: Aztec30

I could use the web site for the digital comcast info at Hosar30@yahoo.com
Take care

Username: Flame220

Tonawanda, NY US

Some of the other cable company's are starting to really suck. They want to raise their rates in order to keep some of their popular channels and they also continue to get rid of channels that we all watch the most. I just switched to direct tv when my cable company threatened to get rid of Fox! That is just crazy! Sattelite tv is just way better anyways. You can get tons of discounts and rebates. If you sign up now and use acct # 38107538 as a reference you will receive a FREE portable dvd player!!!!!!!! Call 1-866-433-8869 to get this special offer. I used to have direct tv a long time ago then I got sucked into the whole digital cable thing and I regret it. I am glad to be back with direct tv. Join me. 8-) 8-)
Tammy.

p.s. Once you get direct tv you can get free ppv if you dont plug in the phone line. (I think)

Username: Kev1080

Please send comcast digital cable info to kev1080@hotmail.com

Thanks -kev1080

Username: Mannys24

Los angeles, California Us

Hi everyone----I have a legit motorola dct 2224 and a ebay-bought dct2224...}

the ebay-bought dct2224 is stuck on "0" and will not change channels -- it was reset I believe....will display box diagnostics when power on and select buttons are pressed together at the same time...if i remove the litium battery inside the box will that reset the box...and what about the "data" port in the back of the box? If I run a data cable from the legit box to the e-bay box will that refresh its memory? What is the "IR" in on the rear of the box for? in other words HELP??!! thanks

my cable compay is "BOMBcast" by the way!!!}

Silver Member

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 914
william, your ebay box is basically a door stop. I don't work for comcast, so I don't know if you can call them to activate the one you bought, more then likely the answer will be no. I hear they make great boat anchors for row boats :-)

Username: Macdog8

I'm new here...A lot of the posts and responses are confusing to me. I have a scientific atlanta 2100 on time warner cable that I pay for dig. cable. I purchased a SA2100 and just want to use it as a second box. Is there any way to do this? I went to the cable co. and in hand had the cable deregulation document and MY purchased box. They out right refused to connect it. If there is a REAL link please send it to me mrkcarri@yahoo.com. Thanx in advance......

Username: Xanadu

Post Number: 7
You realize that by posting your email addresses here you A)open yourself to litigation since you are conspiring to commit Services Theft, and B) you have just given SPAMMERS about 40 fresh, current email addresses they can sell?

Username: Macdog8

Jack,
Sorry I saw others did it....never thought about the spammers.....

Silver Member

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 920
mike, if you read all of the post you will find the answer you are looking for. The answer has been posted more times then the question has been asked lol

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 17
Cableguy. What have you been up to?

Silver Member

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 928
fixing cable duh lol

Username: Defused_bomb

Dear Scooby Doo,
I have skimmed this post and I have noticed that you seem so sure that there is (paraphrasing) to get a digital box to recieve "movie" channels and "PPV" channels. I will agree that you can not to my knowlege recieve the PPV channels, but you can get EVERYTHING else for free. I use c****** communications as my provider and I have a box, and I have completely free service. I won't bore you with how I did it, but it is possible. No disrespect intended.

and all of you other morons posting your email adresses, I hope you like time shares. And learn to read a forum before you post.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 218
Hey Ticker,

Please tell me I promise not to be bored. I might add that everyone else who has posted like you that you have "free" unauthorized channels has been unable to explain how Jesus granted them this miracle touch.

xvxvxvx

Ok, I will tell you how I did it. It was really dumb luck that happened, and my brother who works for the local cable company is amazed that this worked. I ordered the premimem package and they delivered my box but they forgot to take the serial number from it. When I noticed I coud not order PPV movies I called and asked why and they told me that they needed the serial. So I lied and then cancelled my service. When they came out to disconnect they assumed I had no box, put a stopped on the line and left. I then removed the filter and reconnected the cable and the box continued to work. I don't know how it is working due to all of the techie mumbo jumbo, but it does and I'm happy with it. No PPV though. I can live with out it.--- I told you it was honestly boring. It was just some really good luck.

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 72
Thats less of a HACK and more of an oversight.

The box will brick eventually. And hooking your own cable up is also less of a hack and more of an illegal activity.
YAY SOCIETY!!!

Post Number: 4
I never said I hacked it, or denied illegal activities.
YAY ME!!!

Username: Baseball10

what do i need to split a cable box? I have an adelphia cable box and i want to split it to another tv without having to buy another box. Is it possible to do?

Username: The_regular_guy

I read throughout the whole thread, and I gotta ask one question, what's going on with all the animosity and rudeness? In the end we all want to achieve one thing, sticking it to the cable companies, which are getting fatter every time we have to pay the CATV bill. It is obvious that there is much talent here (and also much testosterone), but this should not be a pissing contest! Hackers (yes you Cable Tool, Cableguy), Engineers (yes you Scooby), unite in one accord and solve this puzzle. Rather then arguing about the problem, question the possibilities and work on them, retro-engineer the boxes if you have to. It seems that some of you know about the language in which the programming was written, and others are familiar with the hardware. Well, rather than calling each other names, insulting each other's intelligence or experiences, work together. Don't let ego get in the middle, act cocky once the problem has been resolved, and the hurdles conquered.
I see lots of potential here, don't waste it, and don't throw it away. If I had part of the knowledge you guys possess, I could possibly discuss this issue with you. But I don't, so the only thing I can do is hoping that one of you will come to his senses and dive into the issue, instead of beating around the bush!

Yours,

The Regular Guy

Silver Member

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 948
Regular Guy~
quoting you " Hackers (yes you Cable Tool, Cableguy), Engineers (yes you Scooby), unite in one accord and solve this puzzle. "
I work for a cable company, I'm not a hacker, and why on earth would I unite with anybody to help them steal services, which by the way is a federal crime????? Maybe you should reread the thread and understand what we're saying instead of saying we're calling people names and arguing. Would you say the same thing about stealing gas from the gas station because they're "sticking to us and getting fatter every time we fill up" ???
Cable is a luxury, if you can't afford it, then get some rabbit ears.

Bronze Member

Midwest

Post Number: 73
Regular Guy Said-
"what's going on with all the animosity and rudeness? In the end we all want to achieve one thing, sticking it to the cable companies, which are getting fatter every time we have to pay the CATV bill"

Yeah, they are getting paid for the services they provide.
Why would I band together with you to steal from the company I work for that pays my bills FuckWit. Read through the thread again retard.

cableguy- I AM calling people names... :-) This entire thread is an afront to my profession.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us