Samsung DLP - HL-R4667W

Username: Jonbase

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung DLP model HLR4667W that is not working properly anymore. The screen appears pixelated, it is really noticable in the lighter colors. There are times that the color is fine and then it is off. At no point has the picture gone out, just this kind of pixelation. I have read some other posts about the color wheel, but I am not sure that it is the root cause of the problem. I dont think that it is the bulb because there are times that the color is fine and the image is always bright. It seems that when I turn the TV on for the fist time of the day it is fine and then about a few minutes later this pixelation/color issue occurs and then lasts. I have tried turning the TV off and on, but it doesnt change anything. There are moments when the picture is fine but it does not last for much more then a few seconds before getting pixelated again. This issue happens when I watch tv or play xbox. Can anyone give me any suggestions? Thank you.

Username: Jonbase

Post Number: 2
I had a repair man come out and look at the tv. He said that I need to replace the dmd chip and dmd board. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is standard practice to replace both the board and the chip? Are there any reasons that you would only replace the chip or the board and not both?

Username: Diyman

Hi Jonbase,
Have you had your this problem fixed yet? I have similar problem like yours and would like to know what part(s) did you change to fix it?

Thanks,
diyman

Username: Tphanich

San Diego, CA US

Post Number: 10
Well, repairmen can do what ever the hell they want and you are at their mercy! From my understanding though, the DMD is integrated into the board. It's probably easier to find both board and chip together rather than separately.

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 90
Jonathan,
There is no such thing as a DMD Chip! The part that you would need to replace would be the DMD Board (where the Digital Chip is mounted on and cannot be changed unless robotics are used!)...

The part number for your TV is the BP96-00678B ... This is the complete DMD Module (also refered to as the "Digital Board").

List price is $578.. It SHOULD fix the problem you are describing but I make no gaurantees! Your technician would be the one to diagnose...

Username: Ds5775

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung HLR5067 I have had it for 1 1/2 years two days ago it got dim and this morning I turned it on and heard a POP I only use it maybe a few hours a day, do the lamps not last very long? Also after the POP it sounded like I dont know the filiments were rattling around. I looked at samsungs website and put my lap # in and it brings up for a 61 inch can someone tell me of a better place to find a lamp or should I buy a samsung??? Thanks

Username: Ds5775

I went on merchant electronics and it has just the lamp bulb or lamp with enclosure do I need the enclosure??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us